Mathematician
Retired Moderator
Civilization: 1 Viking settler
Starting tech: Bronze
Difficulty: King
Total players: 7
Restarts: on
Restless Tribes (-0).
50x80 game-generated map with parameters of Small, Archipelago, Normal, Temperate, and Old

Deadline: Jan 9, 2018

Please be sure to follow the submission guidelines when submitting your game (please do not send your files in a .zip file. Attach them directly to your e-mail with your name in the save file). No extra save is needed.

Please send the saved games only to civ2gotm@gmail.com.

Have fun.

Attachments

• GOTM_196.png
    GOTM_196.png
    17 KB · Views: 199
  • GOTM_196.sav
    68.1 KB · Views: 190
Map Analysis

Resource seed is 6 or 38. Starting location is 1-special. 2 tiles NW is 3-specials.

Just downloaded the GOTM 196.sav file and started playing okay, however the game always crashes out upon founding the 3rd city. I tried replaying a few times with the same result. Has anyone encountered this problem with GOTMs? Is there a required patch that I may be missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.
(I'm playing MGE).

Edit: I re-downloaded the file and it seems to be working okay for now.

Last edited:
Hi Lex, we are always happy to see new players around! Does you game still work? I never had any problems with downloaded GOTMs, except for the one we played on the giant world map, that wouldn't work with classic.

Hi Major. The game started working again after restarting the laptop so I think it was just a coincidence it happened with my first GOTM! I have been playing the game without any issues for a long time, so not sure what was going on, but it seems to have sorted itself out.

I have just now finished this GOTM so will submit it and look forward to see how it compares with others. I will wait for others to have a go before posting spoilers as I see the deadline is still a while off.

Good to hear (or read). Please feel free to join in on the previous GOTMs as well, deadlines are treated very softly these days, we are happy about every contribution! I am still at work with #196, building my spaceship.

Thanks catalin72 for pointing this patch out. I just reviewed it and it sounds great. I say it is allowed because it does not give you an unfair advantage over the classic/MGE. It sure does give you an advantage, but the advantage is mostly convenience and accuracy. Things like settler/engineer work units and beaker count can be kept track of manually if you wanted to; this patch just makes it automatically available. The extended limits could become an advantage in a high score game, but GOTM scoring formula is designed to discourage extending a game to pad your score. Is there anything I missed?

Thanks Ali and catalin. I started having crashes again upon starting a new game, so I have downloaded the patch and it seems to work.

From reading the other thread it sounds like it was a windows 10 update that caused the problem.

Thanks Ali and catalin. I started having crashes again upon starting a new game, so I have downloaded the patch and it seems to work.

From reading the other thread it sounds like it was a windows 10 update that caused the problem.
You are welcome Lex,I'm glad to know that all is OK now.

Thanks catalin72 for pointing this patch out. I just reviewed it and it sounds great. I say it is allowed because it does not give you an unfair advantage over the classic/MGE. It sure does give you an advantage, but the advantage is mostly convenience and accuracy. Things like settler/engineer work units and beaker count can be kept track of manually if you wanted to; this patch just makes it automatically available. The extended limits could become an advantage in a high score game, but GOTM scoring formula is designed to discourage extending a game to pad your score. Is there anything I missed?
Very good news Ali and thank you for this decision,maybe this decision will increase the number of competitors for GOTM,many useful facilities playing with UIA patch of FoxAhead.

Top Bottom