GOTM 2 Results & congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
After the first Civ4 GOTM, hendrickszoon set the standard with a thoroughly impressive score in excess of 130,000 - a healthy margin ahead of second place. As we watched the results come in this month, it appeared that there were signs of other players starting the catch-up - aided by the map type (lakes), we saw a number of scores in excess of 110,000. We then had the submission from hendrickszoon, and it was clear that he had simply raised the bar again.

hendrickszoon claimed the gold again with another domination victory - this one scoring 262,405 points! The race for the minor places was closer, although Grey Cardinal was a comfortable second with a domination victory worth 153,498 points. shillen claimed the bronze with a conquest victory worth 141,661 points.

Summary of Medal Winners:

hendrikszoon: 1480 AD Domination Victory, 262,405 points.

Grey Cardinal: 1535 AD Domination Victory, 153,498 points.

Shillen: 1610 AD Conquest Victory, 141,661 points.

Other Award Winners:

Bradleyfeanor: 1150 AD Conquest Victory, 132,095 points.

sarum: 1330 AD Domination Victory, 121,943 points.

Dynamic: 1704 AD Spaceship Victory, 115,305 points.

narakael: 1260 AD Diplomatic Victory, 87,059 points.

DaveMcW: 1490 AD Cultural Victory, 53,450 points.

A'AbarachAmadan: 2050 AD Time Victory, 21,129 points.

Nichelle: 1804 AD Conquest Victory, 21,834 points.

jinif: 1894 AD Domination Victory, 8,136 points.

Nakhimov: 2020 AD Diplomatic Victory, 7,331 points.

mushroomshirt: 1979 AD Spaceship Loss, 6,433 points.

Gwyned: 1954 AD Cultural Victory, 4,150 points.

Olmo: 2046 AD Spaceship Victory, 3,318 points.

Velvet-Glove: 540 BC Conquest Loss, 139 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.

Congratulations to everyone and many thanks to staff.

I am particularly impressed by

A. Bradleyfeanor result who finished ~200 years earlier than the second fastest military victory by Sarum.

B. Narakael who managed to stick his diplomacy victory in between.

C. Hendrikszoon - "a healthy margin ahead of second place"? Look at the global rating… :crazyeye: this is sick, man :goodjob:

D. Everyone who lost and submit their games :thumbsup: :

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
-- Winston Churchill.

ainwood said:
hendrikszoon: 1480 AD Domination Victory, 262,405 points.

That is by far the highest score I have seen in a prince game. Amazing! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Hendrikszoon's score is just out of this world. Yes, Galactic is the proper word.

I'm very impressed with DaveMcW's cultural victory. I still haven't won through that route, so winning by 1490?!

To get in the top 10 with a spaceship victory is also very impressive, since the game score heavily favors domination/conquest. Great games by Dynamic and Qitai.

Narakael's Diplomatic victory is nice, and any victory by 1260 is extremely impressive, but if I remember correctly, that game had a lot of warmongering going on.

qitai either idles waaaay too much or he has to be one of the most dedicated civ4 players ever!

389 hours played !!

Grats to all

Congrats to all the winners.

Especially to bradleyfeanor for his win of the Conquest Award which is more than only a compensation for the lost of the Bronze Medal. Great date, breadleyfeanor.

Dynamic, fine that you are now really back. It was very close concerning the Spaceship Award, but also one turn can decide. I hope Qitai - the runner-up in the Spaceship race - only forgot to pause the game for two weeks.;)

It's always fine to see new faces in the lists of the Medal and Award winners. So I hope we will see you again in this lists, Narakael, sarum and Grey Cardinal.

It seems DaveMcW and A'AbarachAmadan are on the way to the Eptathlon Award. I look forward for an exciting race.

Shillen, I hope the Bronze Medal will allay a little bit your 4otM3 frustration.

Last but not least I thank the GotM team for the excellent job they do all the time.

Congratulations to all winners.

hendrikszoon - new incarnation of SirPleb for Civ4 (Joke):). Now you not only play great games but write very usefull and informative spoilers!

bradleyfeanor - ultra fast speed!

And I'm very surprised by my Fastest Space victory - I was sure about at least 50-100 years earlier results. I wasn't concentrate on the speed, it was my second (and last) training game.

Gratz all winners.
I´m new to civilization and I find these GOTM enjoyable as you can compare your play with others in order to enhance yourself. I have played all three GOTM so far (without submitting).

Since I try to understand this game better can someone explain to me how you can get a GP 1450BC. I noticed that hendrikszoon managed to get "Merit Ptah" to be born in London at 1450 BC in GOTM2.

Hello :wavey:

There's a very full description of his early game strategy in the first spoiler by Hendrikszoon. He specifically mentions Great People farming. His spoilers are must-reads if you want to understand the game.

Congratulations to the following players who seem to have the Civ/Life balance down and still beat the GOTM:

Hegix - Diplomatic victory in 3h 20m 38s. That's some fast talking.

navi - Spaceship victory in 3h 46m 39s. If only the trip to Alpha Centauri was that quick, we wouldn't need all the life support components.

LordCopenhagen - Domination in 4h 07m 33s. And his troops set a land speed record on the way.

Bael - Conquest in 8h 52m 07s. And a score in the top 50 to boot.

Gwyned - Cultural victory in 3h 56m 29s.

Hope I haven't missed any.

snizzake said:
qitai either idles waaaay too much or he has to be one of the most dedicated civ4 players ever!

389 hours played !!

Grats to all

Hee hee, just left CIV 4 in the background most of the time unless I need to shut it down for various purpose or it crashes. So, the clock just ran.

Wow, I can't believe how good the top players really are, Congradulations and thank you for your spoilers, they really help everyone's game I am sure
(I.E hendrikszoon and the building of Hanging Gardens right at the end)

Thank you Staff for your time and effort.

GOTM3...hmmm can I go for 23rd three months in a row? :lol:

I congratulate all the winners! :goodjob:

:worship: Let's all venerate hendrikszoon, the god of 4otm! :worship:

After reading your spoiler, I can't believe I made it into the top 10 while using strategies completely different than yours (early conquests, research much slower than most, etc). Considering I am not patient enough to milk the game (I automate workers halfway through the game), I could not hope for a better result. This is going to change for 4otm3, I'm afraid. :sad:

I thank the GOTM staff for making such an enjoyable game. I even promote you to GOTM hammer :hammer: because a staff is pretty much backward technology! :lol:

Top Bottom