Gotm 35

Duke of Marlbrough

The Quiet Moderator
Retired Moderator
This GOTM is based on a suggestion from one of our regular players. They can identify themselves if they want. ;)

Civilization Diaspora

Early in human history groups traveled to the far corners of the European, African, and Asian continents seeking a quiet place to develop. You are the 'odd ball out'. the English, stuck with a small island of limited potential. On the other hand, you are a sea-faring people, having already crossed the Channel to this island; are there other lands to explore and settle?

Game Settings:
Large Modified Earth Map
Seven Selected Civs
Emperor Level
Restless Tribes
Restarts are On

Starting Techs:
Bronze Working
Ceremonial Burial
Horseback Riding

I have tweaked the map, so be aware that some of the 'usual' tricks usually associated with the Earth Map may not work. Consider yourself warned. :D

Your Starting Location:

Game File

Games will be due January 10th

Be sure to send in the required saves {One from AD 1, AD 1000, and a save just before you would finish the game} to Duke of Marlbrough.

GOTM Rules

This settler seems to be standing very close to Liverpool.
I'll name him SG(2).

" - Daddy, I'm tired. When do you think we reach America?
- Shut up! Swim!"

(if the map is really tweaked, this may be a useful tip :D )

Whoa, this looks like a nice one! I want to start playing now! Too bad I can't. Does anyone know why the save-game-file doesn't work "normally" in Netscape? If I am at the university and have acces to a computer with Explorer it works just fine. I click on the link and the window asking me where I want to save the file pops up. But when I'm at work and would like to take the file on a disk so I can start playing at home I can't. Netscape just opens a new window when I click on the link and this window contains a bunch of weird letters and stuff on a white background:(

But I'll try to play this game slow and nice, lots of time around Christmas. I'll try and learn to use trade in this game, because I think it's one om my weakest points. I don't use it enough. Oh, I'm looking forward to this so much I barely can sit still:)

Originally posted by alexxx
Hello sideshowbob,
Did you left-click or right-click on the link?

I'm looking forward for playing, too.

I've done both, and I can't get it to work either way. When I think about it, it might be because we use a rather old version of Netscape at work, I think it's 4.6 or something so it might be a mere version problem. The forum pages work fine, even though they recommend a newer version. But it gives in a funny way a little extra kick since I have to do something to aquire the GOTM:)

I have played past 1AD and chosen the SpaceShip type of victory
(no fun choosing conquest at Emperor level with restarts on: it would mean around 1760 anyway ;) ).

I stepped into an avalanche,
it covered up my soul...
(L.Cohen)

...now I know what he means...
I didn't understand the hints, and now I'm fu..ed up.

one tip after you have taken out a ai and they respawn somewhere else. use marco polo and call them up. keep giving them gifts till they trade maps with you . then go kill them again

I rarely play on a earth map. Whar are some of the "usual" tricks unique to a earth map?

ya, i'm sad. i messed up my gotm again.
please don' be upset, but i wont send in my save games.
i hope it's okay when i take part in gotm36...
pleasssse....

Can I send it in a few days? Didn't have time to play it, so I'll just try t out as an occ

Looks like I really have to practice more...
Got beaten by the computer in the Space race by a few turns :(

Top Bottom