1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotm 81

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by Duke of Marlbrough, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

2. ccAMELS73

ccAMELS73 Carolina Camels

Just for clarification.... win by any means right?? lol I want to be sure since I played Gotm80 for a month trying to win the wrong way

3. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Moderator Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

Nothing is mentioned so win (by conquest or spaceship) or retirement at 2020 is allowed.

4. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

There is a 3 special site on the grass next to the starting location. It has ocean access, fish, and the 2 visible buffalos. There are 2 four special sites a few tiles away but neither has ocean access so they are not suitable for OCC. The one south has the 2 visible buffalos, whale (in a lake), and whale-type on land. The one east has 1 of the visible buffalos, whale (in a lake), and a whale-type and a fish-type on land.

5. Superior Man

Superior Man Chieftain

Speaking of the OCC: are there exact rules anywhere to be found for this type od playing the game? I once found a link, but he leads to a site that I'm not authorized to access.

6. ccAMELS73

the only rules for OCC, that I have been able to decifer, would be that you can only have one city and that you can reload if you pop a hut and it gives you an advanced tribe.
    good luck to anyone who tries it.

7. Superior Man

Superior Man Chieftain

Thanks. Sounds very difficult with just one city, but so many players already played the game as OCC and still do (checked it in the Hall of Fame), so there must be something about it.

8. Peaster

Peaster Chieftain

Some GOTM players, such as La Fayette and occasionally Grigor, used to handicap themselves slightly with self-imposed rules, such as "no bribing". I was thinking of

* conquest with chariots only, or maybe
    * conquest starting only after building a coast-to-coast railroad

Any other ideas? Anyone else wanna try?

9. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

I am playing this month and due to lack of time I am playing OCC.

I have played most of the BC years already. I will post about it in the spoiler thread soon.

10. CharlieChuck

CharlieChuck Chieftain

I am also playing OCC this month (my first attempt at one). I've fancied having a go at one for a while, and the starting position looked good. I'm keeping a log and will post in spoiler thread.

11. Peaster

Peaster Chieftain

Welcome back, Ali! I have also started, with the intention of conquering with chariots (or at least without elephants), though things are not going well, so far. See you in the spoiler...

12. ccAMELS73

I will be impressed if anyone wins this game prior to 1 AD! It took me quite some time to even make contact with any other civs much less start to conquer them....