1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotm 88

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by Duke of Marlbrough, May 5, 2008.

1. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

2. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

With six grass tiles and no visible specials, map analysis is specially hard in this case. 6 of the 16 main seeds are possible. The starting location is zero special under 2 of those possibilities and 1 grass-covered special under the other 4. Since starting land piece is #1, black clicking is not very useful here either.

Playing green and with only 4 civs in the game, there are going to be to 1-3 holes in the key civs.

Not a decent situation for playing OCC.

3. SCG

SCG Chieftain

after that experience of OCC on chieftan, sitting around waiting for 1 AD to build my space ship, and warlord having the same # of turns as chieftan, i figure i'll have to do a non-spaceship game here - o well, time to reread peaster's ECG :)

4. Peaster

Peaster Chieftain

I've been busy with RL and gotm16, so I might skip this one. Last month most people in the spoiler played for OCC. Are some people playing for gold or green this month? If so, I'll probably try to squeeze a game in too.

5. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Moderator Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

After a period (3 or 4 months) of not playing civ (to much to do in RL) I finally have time left and will play this one.... Because I have not that much time I'll try an EC-game....so I'll try a green star Peaster ......

6. Peaster

Peaster Chieftain

Good! I'll also play for green, then, and we can compare notes.

And welcome back!

7. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Moderator Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

Thanks Peaster!

I do notice that playing nor for a few months makes it a little bit harder to play. So this probably will not be my best result. But I do my best and try to use some technices I've learned playing during our EC-comparison games.

8. grigor

grigor Chieftain

I am envious!

Just remember the early-game mantra: Never build roads!

9. Kizza

Kizza Chieftain

Hello everyone,

I think that I will have a go at this GOTM too. I just play it till I have won and then email the save game to someone? Are there any particular requirments for when I should save the game? I have read through the rules of what is allowed and what is not, most of those things I did not even know that you could do so I should be pretty safe :).

Has anyone figured out how the civ rating is calculated?

cheers :D

10. Duke of Marlbrough

Welcome to the GOTM game. :)

The submission page shows the details of when saves should be made and how the file names should be, as well as where to send the saves (please do not send them as .zip files. Just attach the saves directly to the e-mail).

If you mean the GOTM scoring formula, it can be found here:
    http://civ2gotm.civfanatics.net/civ2gotmrules.shtml

If you mean the civ rating it is just a multiplier of your score based on the difficulty level of the game.

11. Duke of Marlbrough