1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GOTM 96 Spoiler

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by CharlieChuck, Mar 27, 2009.

1. CharlieChuck

CharlieChuck Chieftain

I went for conquest, have nearly finished, although it's been a lot harder than I thought it would. The terrain isn't very helpful for conquest (or spaceship for that matter), and I had a bit of trouble with barbs early on (lost a city to them when I only had 3, capturing it back took a while). I also struggled a bit against river cities. I'm on course for a late finish, but I've managed to build a lot of wonders to help the score.

2. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Moderator Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

I still had no time to continue my game. I hope to play a lot on monday. COnquest it will be because I have not enough time to do a spaceship game.

3. Magic_gorter

I have to give up on this game. Made a fatal mistake....leaving my capitol undefended and then there was a barbarian.....most important citybuildings are gone and the mongols are annoying too. It will cost to much time to rebuild all...so I will start next gotm..

4. CharlieChuck

CharlieChuck Chieftain

I had a lot of barbs arrive from the west, after losing the first city I started building warriors to protect the others, and help keep peace.

5. Banach

Banach Chieftain

I ran out of time on this one. I was a turn away from discovering superconductor and had like 20 structural's built, but then I got busy last weekend and didn't get a chance to finish. Too busy at work. Maybe next month, it's just always so hard to finish.

6. Magic_gorter

@Banach:
    Do you need more time?? If so you may submit it next week...

7. Banach

Banach Chieftain

Cool, I'll try to finish. Thanks Magic.

8. Banach

Banach Chieftain

I landed in 1661 AD. I made a lot of mistakes, but I'm learning and getting better. It was a little boring at the end - launching a ship that takes 30 years is boring. I like the 6 year ones better. I have to figure out the middle part of the game a bit better and get a cleaner build and launch next time.