GOTM Admin Access issue

Hi everyboy! I got a new step. After making some changes, I got to load the GOTM file (Vanilla). But the HOF warning in CUSTOM GAMES didn't disappeared. But I'm close to what I want:

- Vanilla to plat GOTM :woohoo:
- Warlords to play WOTM :thumbsdown:
- BTS to play BOTM and only BTS to play the HOF tables. :woohoo:

Vanilla and BTS are OK. Following my reasoning (the same I used to fix Vanilla) I need a favor to try to fix Warlords:

- two files from a well running Warlords.

#1- Sid Meier's Civilization IV Warlords\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll
#2- Sid Meier's Civilization IV Warlords\Warlords\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

So, I need these two CvGameCoreDLL.dll to replace mines. I think this will solve my problem. Can someone help me, please? Send to falabello@gmail.com. Thanks to any help!

:help:

@Seraiel

Thank you so much for the answer :thumbsup:. I replaced the file but didn't work. Before that, I received an answer by Denniz and he indicated me the GOTM FAQ. There is an information about CvGameCoreDLL and file download. I had already tried, but with no succes. And I think is the same that you sent me (I needed to discover if it was or not the same)...

@all players

After replacing the first file (in Warlord\Assets) the Checker Assets still indicated the Warlord Error and Vanilla with no one. So, when I replaced the second file (in Warlord\Warlord\Assets) the Checker Assets indicated no Erros for Warlords, but an CvGameCoreDLL Error to Vanila :confused:.

Even that, Vanilla are loading the GOTM files, but Warlords continues not loading the WOTM files :sad:.
I need to follow my instinct, because it made me thinking about the Vanila fix (confirming that I have no IT knowledge).

And my instinct is directing me to this question:
- Vanilla has just one Assets folder, so just one replacement solved the GOTM file problem.
- Warlords and BTS both have two Assets folders, as I mencioned in previous thread.
- My BTS presents two different files:
Spoiler :
#1- BeyondTheSword\Assets\CvGameCorDLL.dll (1.0.0.1 - 3.54 MB)
#2- BeyondTheSword\BeyondTheSword\Assets\CvGameCorDLL.dll (3.1.7.0 - 4.71 MB)

- My Warlords presents the same file for both folders:
Spoiler :
#1- Warlords\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll (1.0.0.1 - 3.68 MB)
#2- Warlords\Warlords\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll (1.0.0.1 - 3.68 MB)

For me, it's very logical that this second file for Warlords (Warlords\Warlords\Assets) is wrong, and I don't have how to confirm it. That is why I need that some player send me this second file to replace mine. I also think that there's no difficult to make me this favour. But I apologize if I'm making some absurd asking this, because no one (except Seraiel) answered me. Perhaps there are too few players playing Warlords... :think:

:help: please!

My \Warlords\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll file is 3.68 MB (3,868,224 bytes)
My \Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll file is 3.54 MB (3,716,672 bytes) <-- that's the Vanilla file

Using those files, I can load both WOTM and GOTM games. Do you perhaps have the wrong Vanilla CvGameCoreDLL.dll file?

I'm sorry to ask this question, but are you trying to load or install BUFFY with Warlords or Vanilla? Warlords and Vanilla "BUFFY" is called the "HoF-mod" and it's a version-specific mod for each type of CIV, you can find those mods when scrolling down the downloads page.

Regarding what you wrote last however I had this thought:

If replacing the 1st file in Warlords\Assets by the one I sent you produces an error in Vanilla and Warlords doesn't work and replacing the 2nd file in Warlords\Warlords\Assets by the one that I sent you makes Warlords work but not Vanilla then replacing both files might make both versions work :undecide: :please: :jesus: .

:whew: Finally! :whew:

My \Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll file is 3.54 MB (3,716,672 bytes) <-- that's the Vanilla file. Do you perhaps have the wrong Vanilla CvGameCoreDLL.dll file?

If replacing the 1st file in Warlords\Assets by the one I sent you produces an error in Vanilla...

Yup :yup:, this was the error. So I replace Warlords\Assets for the Vanilla file and this part was resolved... But then there was a dozen errors more...

Another thing I had to fix was my understanding about Assets Checker. I wasn't knowing how to interprete it :blush: :blush: :blush:. After understanding how to use it right, all errors were fixed quickly, and WOTM was loaded with no problem :w00t: . Now, I am with that feelings: "All this time trying (lost) and it was just that?" or "Why didn't I think of that before?" :shake:.

Thanks Dhoom, thanks Seraiel. You not only help me to solve my problem, but also encouraged me not to give up :thanx: !!!

:whew: Finally! :whew:
Thanks Dhoom, thanks Seraiel. You not only help me to solve my problem, but also encouraged me not to give up :thanx: !!!

TY for posting this Falabello. I just lost a whole stack towards the RNG (attacked a city with 4 defenders with 7 troops, chances were between 8% and 60% dependant on promotion and enemy) and with only killing 1 unit a whole day of playing as concentratedly as possible got worthless. Reading this builds me up aswell and I'm glad you got your problem solved :goodjob: :thumbsup: .

Top Bottom