1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GotM] August 2013

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by Stoepsel, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Stoepsel

Stoepsel Chieftain

The struggle for Brazil

Welcome to the 'Game of the Month' for Colonization, played as always with our community modification TAC 2.03 - The Authentic Colonization. In August MaCross provides the task - and takes you to the sandy beaches of the Brazilian coast and into the impenetrable rain forests of the Amazon basin.

Spoiler :
    And this is your job: Claim Brazil for the Portuguese crown! For this, you slip into the role of Martim Afonso de Sousa, who is assigned by the King of Portugal, to prevent the French settlement attempts. You have the order to ensure that there be no doubt who is in control of this country - namely you and your king.

But as you will notice, the French are not the only ones who plant themselves here. The Dutch under John Maurice of Nassau-Siegen also want to secure a piece of the cake. But that is not enough: On the west coast - beyond the Andes - a certain Francisco Pizarro intends to conquer the Inca Empire. Take heed: Should he be successful, no one will prevent him to march further eastwards.

So you must not allow your competitors to be successful. Ensure the supremacy of Portugal over South America!

Ensure that Brazil and its valuable resources are under the rule of Portugal. How you are going on tactically to achieve this, is up to you.

You will encounter the native Indian tribes of the Tupi, Arawak, Shuar and Inca. And you will meet the French, the Dutch, the Spaniards. It will be a tough struggle for every inch of land. We will leave you a card for this competition for power and influence.

Your goals:
    • Secure at least half of the land area
    • Found Brazil's largest cities on the eleven designated locations on the map. If there's already a settlement: conquer it! Expand each of them to home at least ten citizens. Finally build a government palace in Brasilia, your capital.
    • The one who needs the fewest turns for these tasks, wins the game of the month

Never forget: The Fate of the New World is in your hands.​

Boa sorte, Senhor de Sousa!

The game is played as usual with our German community modification TAC 2.03_final ("The Authentic Colonization").
    This game of the month ends on June, 30th.
    Before you get started, please inform yourself about our entry rules and code of conduct.​

2. Will The Viking

Will The Viking Chieftain

Personally, I love expansion games. I've never got to secure 50% of the map before, so I'm up for the challenge even before I've even started the game!

3. MaCross TAC

MaCross TAC Chieftain

I'm happy to hear that, Will and I wish you good luck for this GotM. Enjoy!

4. Stoepsel

Stoepsel Chieftain

Welcome MaCross! :)

MaCross is one of the creators of our GotM series and he is able to give some information if needed.

5. MaCross TAC

MaCross TAC Chieftain

Thank you Stöpsel. :)

Yes, I'm the one who designed this map and scenario and if you have questions, comments or criticism on the GotM, please let me know.

Additionally I want to encourage all players who finish the game to send in their savegames. See it as a thank you for the hard work that was put into creating these maps. This way you will keep our motivation up, to keep on delivering these scenarios for you.

It would really be nice to see more diversity in the results list. ;)

Thank you all for playing and good luck!

6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Every GotM feels like stand-alone scenario, this is very cool and enjoyable. I do thank you for a hard work, navigable Amazon creates such an excitement. The Amazonas event was very realistic this time -- the random Jungle spot was actually in Amazons!

7. MaCross TAC

MaCross TAC Chieftain

Thanks for your nice words, Tigranes. Glad to hear, you're enjoying the map. Very cool, that the Amazon event was spot on! :)

8. Stoepsel

Stoepsel Chieftain

This month you had to sweat in tropic latitudes and we have to thank again MaCross for another nice and historic scenario. The player who built up Brazil in the fewest turns is - again - a member of civfanatics.com!

Congratulations, Will The Viking for your second victory! :king:

This are the results of August 2013:

The ruling triumvirate extended the lead:

Please notice that the GotM started at civforum.de one month earlier. The best 6 results of each participant will be counted in the annual score.

Lots of thanks to all participants and friends of our competition. Keep it up! :goodjob:

The next task is waiting for you, if you like the smell of money. :gold:

Attached Files: