1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GotM] July 2013

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by Stoepsel, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Stoepsel

Stoepsel Chieftain

Welcome to the "Game of the Month - July 2013" for Colonization!

For this month your task will be to help your King enforcing law and order.

Link to video.

Spoiler :
    • Found the colony of Alcatraz on the island of the same name
    • Construct a fortress protected by at least five armed Veteran Soldiers in as few turns as possible.
    • As soon as the fortress has been constructed you have to save your game
    • For each Petty Criminal at Alcatraz, five turns will be deducted
    • Petty Criminals having experience points will not be counted

The game is played as usual with our German community modification TAC 2.03_final ("The Authentic Colonization").
    This game of the month ends on July, 31st.
    Before you get started, please inform yourself about our entry rules and code of conduct.​

Bring this lowlives to Alcatraz!

2. fromar

fromar Warlord

Cool! Are we allowed/supposed to put the petty criminals to work in the colony as laborers or are we to just leave the petty criminals as free-units on the colony tile?

3. Stoepsel

Stoepsel Chieftain

You can do it on your own risk. And you know they are bad workers. The King just said you shouldn't equip them with horses or guns.

Tigranes reported a little mistake (thanx :)): there is a negative stock of -50 muskets in Georgetown. This happend because of a worldbuilder bug. But you can also imagine:
    "Governor, crime is a serious problem even in your colony! Someone has stolen 50 muskets!" :D

The starting save will not be re-uploaded again, because it has been downloaded several times and the conditions are the same for all participants.

4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Anything you build in Georgetown will require those Muskets, but if everyone has to deal with a crime in Colonies -- I guess it's ok.

Few questions:

1. Can we found more colonies than Alcatraz and Georgetown?
    2. Can one theoretically win if fortress with 5 guards is there, but no criminals?
    3. Do we need to send 2 files or 1, like in our last game.

5. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

I am answering on behalf of Macross, member of the German TAC team :)

6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Thanks for you reply. I was not aware Stoepsel was away, and I asked him about one important exploit: you can keep piling Criminals on Europe's dock -- they won't escape from there -- and bring them all to the prison right when it is ready to be saved. Is that allowed?

7. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

Again, on behalf of MaCross:

8. Stoepsel

Stoepsel Chieftain

Law and order is back in the New World, because three of our GotM-players did a good job. Only three? Yes, understandable there are better holiday islands than Alcatraz in this hot summer. :D

The winner of this GotM has been able to repeat his victory of last month. That means...

...again, Tigranes, Congratulations! :king:

This are the complete results of July 2013:

Let's have a look at the annual score:

Please notice that the GotM started at civforum.de one month earlier. The best 6 results of each participant will be counted in the annual score.

Lots of thanks to all participants and friends of our competition. Keep it up! :goodjob:

The heat goes on: break sweat in Brazil!

Attached Files:

9. Will The Viking

Will The Viking Chieftain

I've been unable to play for the last 2 months (Work, baby, holiday, laziness) and whilst it's good to see I still have a lead I think I need to get back into the game or I'll lose it!

With the best 6 scores contributing to the overall score I still need to put some time in.
    August GOTM, here I come. :)