GOTM148 - Japan Regent 20k - Final spoiler - Game submitted

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
This is the thread where you tell us how you did - win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

Done!

Finished wonders (around 2-3)
Make first settler that got me around 5-7 cities only
They are all threatening me to which I take their empty threats.
Aztec and Greek DoW me.
peace with aztecs
Saw England conquering Aztecs too.
War with aztecs to get 1 city so that England wont get too much powerful
Aztec 1 city only in an island
England DoW me (not empty threat this time), I don't have any units at all, maybe around 5 spears, MI, catapult
Peace with greek.
Catapult is crashing my game
Conquered england when I got my hands on Samurais, I rushed my samurais
When I saw Vikings, carths, and korea are getting some Wonder, I DoW greeks hoping to get GL to rush my Wonders, I finished Greeks without giving me one.
Rushed to Rails, Offshores, Nuclear plan, Manufacturing plant, while getting Wonders.
AI managed to get around 7 Wonders (between AA and MA), the rest is mine, 20k ran out before I finish my last Wonder which is CFC.

Just cleared my own continent. Only now I realized that going beyond 12 pop causes pollution, lol! :D

This is a good break after playing COTM 43 Sids Predator. To which I have some questions regarding sids game.

OT BELOW.

Questions regarding sids games.

1.) Where do you build courthouses/police station? starting on your 20th city?

2.) One of my strategies in Republic is to do ICS, and make them POP 7 and make them not grow (so that they won't get unhappy too much). I get 1/4 army supply, 3 free maintenance for units, 3-4 taxers per city. Is this a good strat? Or is it good to make them 3-4 scientists?

3.) I also noticed, while upgrading my cannons to artillary, aside from the 120 gold (I think?), I also lose a 4-6 gpt per upgrade. Let us say I upgraded 100 cannons to 100 artillaries, I somehow lost around 400 GPT aside from 12k Gold (Not sure). Now where might this be coming from?

4.) and if anybody knows how to make Civ Assist work on Win10, that will be great.

5.) How do you exactly do RCP? and how significant doing RCP? I always place my cities 2 cells apart for my first 20-30 cities.. except for 1 city who will go for Theater wonder.

6.) Whats the strategy for Forbidden Palace? it takes long time to build, and where do you place them?

7.) To where shall I post this too to better feedback? I saw some threads, but I think they are dead.

i test-played my own game as a OCC and finished 1800. mainly clicking through, but i was interested how it would turn out. harder than expected, to be honest, especially to keep myself out of all the wars.
t_x

i test-played my own game as a OCC and finished 1800. mainly clicking through,
Cool! I thinked OCC in civ3 is a much harder to survive than in civ2 and so it rarely used in GotMs.

What is your city location and what exactly wonders was lost to AIs?

i founded 1NE from the starting position. do not know the details any more, but i got all the important AA wonders. got the Shake´s and Cope´s in the MA i think, but not sure about any other wonders.
t_x

Not my best...

Game date: 1812 AD
Firaxis score: 1512
Jason score: 3913

20k victory 1816ad, Firaxis 2491, Jason 5109

I really lost my way in the early MA, by not carefully choosing techs to research and losing a pre-build. I went my entire golden age only building units as I had no wonders available. I had 8 MGL in total. the first was used for the FP, the third to build an army and the 8th was too late to use. 5MGLs used to rush wonders. But at one stage I went 55 elite victories without a MGL.

Things I could have done different
I traded Construction to England when not necessary and they beat me to the Great Wall.
I stayed in Monarchy all game, but maybe I could have switched to Republic once my Civ was big enough to support it.
My early MA research was not well thought out. I didnt give myself continuous cultural buildings to build.
I didn't save any gold, so I could not cash rush Library / cathedral / Uni etc.

But, all in all, a very enjoyable game. The first PTW in many years. Thanks.

For those interested in all the details:

Cultural Builds in Kyoto
Spoiler :

Cultural builds in Kyoto
1950bc Palace
3450bc Temple
1750bc The Colossus
900bc The Great Library
750bc Library
270bc Hanging Gardens
50ad Great Lighthouse
230ad Coliseum
280ad Cathedral
640ad Sistine Chapel
810ad University
830ad JS Bach's Cathedral
1130ad Copernicus' Observatory
1275ad Shakespeare's Theatre
1360ad Magellan's Voyage
1375ad Newton's University
1425ad Smiths Trading
1475ad Heroic epic
1600ad Universal Suffrage
1640ad Theory of Evolution
1670ad Military Academy
1725ad Wall Street
1802ad Seti Program

Elite Victories / MGL
Spoiler :

Elite Victories : IIIII(5), 6th victory - 1st MGL Tojo 590ad
Elite Victories : IIII (4), 5th victory - 2nd MGL Hirohito 630ad
Elite Victories : IIIII(5), IIIII(10), IIIII(15), IIIII(20), IIIII(25), IIIII(30), IIIII(35) IIIII(40) IIIII(45) IIIII(50) IIII 55th Victory - 3rd MGL Fujiwara 1365ad
Elite Victories : IIII(4) 5th Victory 4th MGL Tojo 1415ad
Elite Victories : IIIII(5) I, 7th Victory 5th MGL Hirohito 1470ad
Elite Victories : IIIII(5) IIIII (10) IIII1(15) 16th Victory 6th MGL Fujiwara 1615ad
Elite Victories : IIII (4) 5th Victory MGL 7th Tojo 1784ad
Elite Victories : IIIII (5), 6th Victory 8th MGL 1804ad
Elite Victories :

Middle Ages
Spoiler :

The Middle Ages.
70ad I decide to wait and build up a force of Archers. The Greeks town is defended by at least one hoplite and I expect heavy casualties
170ad I declare war on Greece. I build embassy with Aztecs and agree a MA against Greece for Monarchy. Hopefully this will keep Greece occupied after I take the horses.
210ad Vikings are contacted
210ad London completes The Great Wall - I switch to Coliseum (losing shields)
230ad A Carthagian Numidian Mercenary is spotted. I trade world map for contact with the Koreans
Kyoto - Coliseum completed. No wonders available so build marketplace.
250ad The Greek town of Pharsolus is destroyed. I lose 1 spear, 1 reg archer and 7 vet archers to take out 2 reg Hoplites (which both upgraded to elite). A settler is on the way to take the horses.
Kyoto is now size 12 and produces 22 spt.
250ad Mono from Great Library (I had almost completed it myself!!!) . Research Feudalism. Change Market construction to Cathedral.
270ad Kagoshima (6) founded next to horses.
280ad Kyoto Cathedral completed, build courthouse
320ad Nara (7) founded, taking iron from Aztec territory.
320ad Kyoto Courthouse completed, build marketplace.
330ad Horses are connected.
370ad Ephesus (Greece) destroyed. Marketplace completed. Build granary.
390ad Feudalism completed, research Theology. Granary build switched to Sun Tzu as a pre-build for Sistine Chapel.
400ad England demand contact with Carthage. We decline and they back down again.
410ad Iron connected.
410ad 20 turns are up and I cancel the MA with Aztecs against the Greeks. I give WM for an Aztec worker. I don't wish to continue throwing AA units against the Greek hoplite so I agree peace with Greece for their WM and 6g.
430ad My forces are week compared to the Aztecs but I want to push them back into the jungle and take the dyes. So I demand a town until the Aztecs are furious and then demand they leave my territory. The Aztecs declare war on me. The Greeks are still at war with the Aztecs so I agree a MA against Aztecs. I try to agree a MA with England but they want contact with the other continent. It is not something I ant to give them yet so I decline.
The initial assault on Xochicalco with 6 horsemen is unsuccessful. Only 1 spear defeated. 2horses lost, 3 horses redlined. But a settler/spear combo defeated and another 2 workers captured (total 4 workers).
440ad Xochicalco (8 - Aztecs) captured, another horse redlined and 2 archers lost.
460ad 2 Aztec spearmen picked off for no losses. Greece and Aztecs agree peace..... So the MA lasted 3 turns. Greece already looking to push settlers into the peninsula.
470ad Aztecs have 9 archers and 1 spear heading my way after peace with Greece. I will try and pick them off with my horses and retreat.
480ad 2 Aztec archers defeated for no losses.
490ad 1 Aztec warrior, 1 Aztec archer defeated. 1 spear lost to archer attack.
500ad 2 Aztec archers defeated for no losses.
510ad 3 Aztec archer, 1 spear defeated for no losses.
520ad 1 Aztec spear and settler combo defeated for no losses.
530ad 2 Aztec spear defeated while capturing Tzintzuntzen (9), and 1 archer for no losses. Theology completed, research Printing Press. Unfortunately England keep researching the same techs as me and I cant get them into a MA against the Aztecs.
540ad 1 Aztec archer defeated for the loss of one (elite) archer.
550ad 1 Aztec spear/settler combo defeated for no losses. My military is now average compared to the Aztecs.
580ad Aztecs kill a pikeman.
590ad 2 Aztec archers defeated for the loss of 1 horseman. 1st MGL Tojo produced from 6th Elite victory. I advance 11 horsemen and 1 pikeman through the jungle towards Tlatelolco.
The Vikings demand contact with the English. I decline and they declare war.
600ad I establish an Embassy with Carthage and agree an MA against the Vikings for Mono. MGL used to rush the Forbidden Palace in Tzintzuntzen. 2 Aztec archers defeated for no losses.
610ad Tlatelolco (10) captured for the loss of 1 horseman.
620ad I don't really want to take anymore Aztec Territory. I could agree peace for a city but I don't want to war with the Greek Hoplite. So I will keep the Aztec war going and fish for MGL.
630ad 2nd MGL Hirohito.
640ad Nagoya (11) founded. Sistine Chapel completed in Kyoto, build Sun Tzu as pre-build. But I'm not sure which Wonder to go for next.
660ad Izumo (12) founded. I trade Theology to Carthage for WM, 55g and 9gpt. I'm still picking off Aztec units, trying to create more elite units. Saving my elite units as I have a MGL parked in Kyoto for a later rush.
680ad Nagasaki (13) founded.
690ad Printing Press completed, research Education. I trade PP to England for WM, 50g and 10gpt
730ad The Aztec capital Tenochtitlan is captured and wines (3rd lux) is connected.
750ad English units approach en masse (2 warrior, 1 swordsman, 1 MI, 1knight). They obviously don't want to pay the gpt deal. So I shut down research, and agree 95gpt for Chivalry and Education. Research Music Theory at 0% and one scientist. I am able to upgrade 2 horsemen to Samurai.
760ad As expected the English units enter my territory. I demand money until England is furious and then demand they leave my territory. As expected England declares war. I immediately agree peace with Aztecs for a MA against England. My samurai kills the knight and triggers the Golden Age. The other English units are dispatched for the loss of 2 horsemen. Research on Music Theory is ramped up to 90%. Kyoto is producing 35spt in the GA.
810ad London completes Sun Tzu 2 turns before I complete Music Theory .... Arrrghhhhhh!!! I change to University losing 233 shields.
810ad Yokohama (14) founded.
820ad Music Theory completed, research Banking. No sign of any English troops but I see Aztec cities being lost. I prepare units to attack England.
830ad I use 2nd MGL to rush JS Bachs Cathedral
850ad Calixtlahuaca (England)(15 ) captured.
880ad Aztecs agree peace with England then the Aztecs immediately declare war on me.
890ad Teotihuacan (England)(16) captured. Incense connected (4th lux). I kill a couple of exposed English knights (my military is now average compared to England) before I agree peace with England and they pay me 11gpt.
890ad Banking completed, research Astronomy.
910ad Tlacopan (Aztec)(17)and Tlaxcala (Aztec)(18) captured.
940ad I agree peace with Aztecs for WM, 21g, a worker and their island town of Tula (19). I want to concentrate on a blitz to destroy England's core cities.
960ad I trade Chivalry and Printing Press to Carthage for Engineering. Our Golden Age ends.
970ad Shimonoseki (20) founded. Astronomy completed, I trade WM, Education and 65g to Carthage for Invention, and set research to Democracy.
980ad Three Russian galleys are moving around my coast. I must be wary of a surprise landing.
990ad My military is still average compared to England but I have gathered my forces and it is time to strike at England. With 10 turns left on the peace deal I declare war and move my units to the outskirt of a size 12 Newcastle (20 samurai (2 elite), 10 horsemen (3 elite)).
IBT The stack defeat 2 English Knights with no losses, but 1 knight kills a Pikeman in the town Calixtlahuaca.
1000ad Newcastle(21) is captured, 4 pike and 4 knights defeated for the loss of 3 reg and 1 vet Samurai, and 1 reg horse. Many units red lined. 5 English workers captured. I keep Newcastle for the time being as it has barracks so I want to heal the units, and it gives me a one move strike to London.
IBT 1 English knight killed attacking Calixtlahuaca.
1010ad 1 knight and 1 longbow killed for the loss of 1 samurai. Resistance in Newcastle is ended.
IBT 3 samurai lost to English arracks but 1 knight killed.
1020ad 3 knights and 2 MI killed for no losses.
IBT 1 Elite horseman lost but 1 knight killed.
1030ad Healing units
IBT 1 knight killed.
1040ad London destroyed - 9 English pikemen killed for the loss of 1 Elite, 2 vet, 3 reg samurai and 1 elite horse. 5 English workers and 2 catapults captured.
IBT 1 Elite samurai lost
1050ad. All units retreat to Newcatle to heal in barracks. I will now just try and pick off English towns and fish for leaders. 1 English MI killed.
1060ad I have now overtaken Russia in the scoreboard. I am no longer in last place.
1070ad too many English units approaching and my attack force is spent so I agree peace for 124g and 15gpt. I will rebuild and then attack again. My MGL fishing was not good. 16 Elite victories without a leader.
1080ad Matsuyama (22) founded.
1090ad Democracy completed, research Free Artistry
1130ad Copernicus' Observatory completed in Kyoto, build Leonardo's as a pre-build.
1150ad Sapporo (24) founded. I declare on England. Reading (25) is captured. A few turns follows of picking off English units and fishing for leaders. I now have 26 elite victories without a leader.
1180ad Free Artistry completed, research Gunpowder. Switch build to Shakespeare's Theatre.
1190ad The only wonder being built is Magellan's Voyage by the English in Coventry. I will continue to pick of English units but I need to take out Coventry soon.
1200ad Hakodate (26) founded.
1220ad York (27) captured for the loss of 3 reg and 1 elite Samurai. 3 more elite victories (now 31) without a MGL. The English cities of Coventry and Hastings are now cut off from the rest of England territory.
1240ad Forces move in on Coventry.
1250ad Coventry (28) captured for no losses - only 2 pikemen defending. Forces move towards Hastings. I trade my world map with those with money and get around 100g.
1250ad Gunpowder completed, research Chemistry. We already have 2 sources of saltpetre connected.
1255ad Hastings (29) captured. Ise (30) founded.
1265ad Brighton (31) captured. I trade Democracy to Greece for WM, Navigation and 32g.
1275ad Shakespeare's Theatre completed, build Magellan's Voyage.
1280ad York abandoned and Toyama founded in its place.
1285ad Reading, Newcastle and Coventry all abandoned with Fukushima, Suo and Bizen built in their place. Canterbury (32) and Liverpool (33) captured.
1290ad Chemistry completed, research Physics.
1300ad I agree peace with England for Economics,162g and 19gpt. I move units to the Greek border. I want to knock Greece back and be able to complete a ring of cities around the Forbidden Palace in Tzintzuntzen.
1325ad I declare war on Greece. I trade dyes to Russia for 7gpt, that should keep them out of a MA with Greece.
1330ad Thermopylae (34) and Knossos (35) captured with the loss of 1 reg Samurai. Physics completed, research Theory of Gravity
1340ad Knossos abandoned and Izumi built in correct RCP place. Athens (35) captured. Echizen (36) founded.
1345ad Sparta (37) captured. I now have 50 elite victories without a MGL. Thermopylae abandoned and Omi built in correct RCP place.
1350ad Canterbury abandoned and Echigo founded in its place. Kozuke (38) founded.
1355ad Sado (39) founded. Argos (40) captured.
1360ad New Kyoto (41) founded. Magellan's Voyage completed, build Leo's as pre-build for Newtons
1365ad Delph (42) captured, and after 55 elite victories my 3rd MGL Fujiwara is generated. Kyoto build changed to harbour. Theory of Gravity is completed, research Metallurgy.
1370ad New Osaka (43) and Neo-Tokyo (44) founded. Harbour in Kyoto completed, build Newton's.
1375ad MGL Fujiwara rushes Newton's University, build Smiths.
1380ad Liverpool and Brighton abandoned and New Edo and New Satsuma built in their places. Mycenae (45) captured.
1385ad New Kagoshima (46) founded. Corinth (47) captured. Peace agreed with Greece for Herakleia (48) and WM. Greece now a one city island state.
1395ad New Nara (49) founded. Metallurgy completed, research Magnetism.
1415ad New Nagoya (50) founded on the other continent. I declare war on Aztecs and capture Atzcapotzalco (51), generating my 4th MGL Tojo. Tjhe Aztecs have no visible towns but are not destroyed. A settler on a galley somewhere.
1425 Tojo is used to rush Smiths Trading, ~Magnetism completed, research Steam Power. The MA is over, we enter the Industrial age - Kyoto has 9809 culture, at 89cpt. Approximately 100 turns to finish, at 1820ad?
We are 2nd on the leader board with 662 points to Carthages' 711 points.

The Industrial Ages
Spoiler :

The Industrial Age
We are still at war with the Vikings ( refer to 590ad), the Aztecs (refer to 1415ad).
1430ad I agree peace with the Aztecs.
1435ad We declare war on England. Aim is to slowly eliminate and fish for MGL. Texcoco (52) captured.
1445ad Nottingham (53) captured. New Izumo (54) founded.
1455ad Dover (55) captured - Gems (5th lux) connected.
1465ad Warwick (56) captured. Steam Power completed, research Nationalism to release Uni Suf
1470ad No coal connected, but one source in the Aztec Jungle. Oxford (57) captured. 5th MGL created. MGL used to make an army which is loaded with Samurai and moved to the outskirts of Norwich.
1475ad The army is victorious, kyoto build switched to Heroic epic (loss of 13 shield). Norwich (58) captured. Heroic Epic completed, build Leo's as pre-build for Universal Suffrage.
1480ad Leeds (59) captured. That was England's last mainland town. They are reduced to a 2 town island.
1485ad Coal connected. New Nagasaki (60) and New Yokohama (61) founded. I cancel the deal with Russia for dyes and trade them Magnetism for WM, 200g, and 32gpt.
1490ad New Shimoneski (62) founded. Dover flips back to England. No units inside.
1500ad Dover re-captured, abandoned and New Matsuyama built in it's place. Industrialisation completed, research Medicine. I start to transport units to the other continent.
1515ad New Sapporo (63) founded.
1525ad After nearly 1000 years of war with the Vikings I am able to attack them. Stavanger (Viking) (64) captured. New Hakodate (65) founded. Medicine completed, research Sanitation.
1535ad New Ise (66) founded.
1550ad Sanitation completed, research Electricity.
1555ad New Toyama (67) founded.
1560ad Russia builds Leo Workshop in Moscow.
1575ad New Fukushima (68) founded.
1580ad New Suo (69) founded
1585ad New Bizen (66) founded. Electricity completed, research Scientific Method . Russia and Vikings sign a trade embargo against us.
1595ad Ivory (6th lux) connected.
1600ad New Echizen (67) founded. Universal Suffrage completed in Kyoto, build factory
1605ad New Izumi (68) and New Omi (69) founded. Haried (70) captured. I trade Steam Power to Russia for Military Tradition, WM, 48gpt and 118g Factory in Kyoto completed, build hospital.
1615ad New Echigo (71) founded. 6th MGL Fujiwara created - transport back to Kyoto to rush wonder. Scientific Method completed, research Corporation. Kyoto completes hospital, build coal plant
1620ad New Kozuke (72) founded
1625ad New Sado (73) and Kyoto 2 (74) founded.
1630ad Osaka 2 (75) founded. Kyoto completes coal plant, build Theory of Evolution
1635ad Tokyo 2 (76) founded. Corporation completed, research Atomic at minimum
1640ad MGL used to rush Theory of Evolution. Edo 2 (77) founded. Theory of Evolution completed, Atomic Theory and Electronics as the free techs. Research Replaceable Parts.
1645ad Kyoto cant build Hoover Dam, so build set to Military Academy. I agree peace with Vikings. I plan to run through as quickly as possible to the finish.
1650ad Satsuma 2 (78) founded.
1655ad Peace agreed with England for 9gpt. Replaceable Parts completed, research Refining
1670ad I trade Electricity to Korea for Silks, spice, WM and some gold. Military Academy completed in Kyoto, build bank.
1685ad Kagoshima 2 (79) founded.
1695ad Refining completed, research Steel.
1705ad 48gpt deal with Russia expires. I trade Scientific Method to Russia for WM, 189g, 114gpt.
1710ad Nara 2 (80) founded.
1715ad Korea declared war, we lose silks and spice.
1720ad I agree an MA with Carthage against Korea for Theory of Gravity. I agree an MA with Russia against Korea for Industrialisation. Nagaoya 2 (81)and Izumo 2 (82) founded. Steel completed, research combustion
1725ad Nagasaki 2 (83) founded. Kyoto complete Wall Street.
1730ad Yokohoma 2 (84) and Shimoneski 2 (85) founded
1735ad Matsuyama 2 (86) and Sapporo 2 (87) founded.
1745ad Combustion completed, research Mass Production
1752ad Hakodate 2 (88) founded.
1756ad Mass Production completed, research Motorized Transport
1764ad Motorized Transport completed, research Radio
1766ad Ise 2 (89) founded.
1776ad Radio completed, research Flight
1780ad Carthage demands furs, we decline and they declare war.
1784ad 7th MGL created
1786ad Flight completed, enter the Modern Age

The Modern Age
Spoiler :

1788ad Research Computers
1792ad Hoover dam completed in Tzintzuntzen
1800ad Computers completed, research miniaturisation.
1802ad Kyoto build changed to Seti Program and rushed with MGL. Copenhagen (Carthage)(90) captured.
1804ad 8th MGL created
1816ad 20k victory

Scratcher

After i enter into the Middle Ages, research is stopped for a long time. My immediate goal is to try to fish a leader as soon as possible in order to rush the Great Library before the Vikings complete it. Therefore, i declare on the Aztecs and toss all the elite swordsmen at them.

But there's a second goal: the Great Lighthouse, currently under construction in Tenochtitlan but with Russia ahead in the race. It would be an added bonus to capture it along the Pyramids, so i took specific measures in this regard. Firstly, the Aztecs were NOT sold/gifted Republic, to not force them to put jokers. Secondly, i carried along a pair of regular warriors to trigger THEIR Golden Age and give them an edge over Russia.

In the meantime, Osaka is set to build a library, a cathedral and a colosseum with the help of money rushes.

The plan is a complete success: after just a handful of elite wins, the leader comes and is sent to Osaka where the Great Library is rushed even before building the colosseum. Moreover, a warrior dies vs. a jaguar and the Aztec Golden Age is triggered just in time to complete the Great Lighthouse in 10 BC. The Aztec capital is captured and the whole Japanese kingdom enjoys free granaries, plus the benefit of crossing the ocean safely.

The Aztecs campaign goes on until their total demise in 190 AD. A leader wasn't really needed so i switched to elite fishing, with an acceptable number of promotions. Meanwhile, Osaka has built the colosseum and is about to finish the Forbidden Palace. The goal is to move the capital between England and former Aztecia and build a powerful RCP5+7 ring around it.

After the FP is complete, i start another palace prebuild, that is meant to turn into Sistine in due time, and start my English campaign. The second leader comes by pure accident (an elite killing a skirmisher). I form an army, lead it to victory and turn the prebuild in Osaka to the Heroic Epic, which is complete in 350 AD.

During the late stages of the English campaign, the third leader comes and it is used to move the capital as planned. The war goes on and England is annihilated in 470 AD. At this point i switch to Republic and, from the following turn, i resume research at full speed toward Navigation.

Sistine is built in 660 AD and, two turns later, Osaka sports a university as well.

By the time Navigation is known, in 740 AD, i have already set foot on the far landmass and started grabbing territory. Next turn two more luxuries are hooked. Once again, research takes an unusual turn: Music Theory, then Banking, then all the optionals up to Free Artistry. It is also the beginning of a series of sporadic wars against the AS oversea. The goal is not to approach the Domination limit as soon as possible, but to maximize the number of elite units and produce a leader at the right time. The "goal of the goal" is to produce a wonder with hard work and have the successive wonder build immediately after with a leader.

This pattern goes on and on until the Modern Ages. I left out intentionally Sun Tzu and Leonardo's and grabbed all the rest of the Middle Ages wonders, all the IA wonders and all the Modern Ages wonders. In the late game, i got rid of Greece (which has been OCC for ages) and Korea, while just taking a modest dent in Scandinavia and Carthage. Russia tried to sneak-attack, but its only accomplishment was to help me out in fishing leaders.

The 20k mark was finally reached in 1772 AD. The delay in reaching the shores of the Domination limit did have an impact on my final Jason score, which was just 8k plus something.

Here's my complete 20k progression in Osaka. The wonders with [L] have been rushed with a leader, the rest is hard work.

3100bc: Osaka founded
2510bc: temple
1100bc: Colossus
_570bc: Great Wall
_270bc: Hanging Gardens
_210bc: library
_170bc: cathedral
_110bc: Great Library (L)
__30bc: colosseum
_230ad: Forbidden Palace
_350ad: Heroic Epic
_660ad: Sistine Chapel
_680ad: university
_870ad: Copernicus
_880ad: Bach's (L)
1080ad: Shakespeare's
1090ad: Smith's (L)
1255ad: Newton's
1260ad: Universal Suffrage (L)
1310ad: Magellan's
1375ad: Theory of Evolution
1415ad: Wall Street
1515ad: United Nations
1520ad: Manhattan Project (L)
1595ad: SETI Program
1600ad: The Internet (L) + research lab
1670ad: Cure for Cancer
1675ad: Longevity (L)
1685ad: Apollo Program (L)
1710ad: Intelligence Agency
1735ad: Military Academy
1740ad: Battlefield Medicine (L)
1772ad: 20k reached

Continuation from first spoiler:

Starting with the middle ages, culture builds in Kyoto continued as follows:

Date|Building
70 AD|Cathedral
110 AD|Colosseum
360 AD|Sistine Chapel
610 AD|Bach's Cathedral
710 AD|Heroic Epic (1st Leader used for Army)
730 AD|University
900 AD|Shakespeare's Theater
1060 AD|Newton's University
1070 AD|Copernicus's Observatory (2nd Leader)
1160 AD|Magellan's Voyage
1190 AD|Universal Suffrage (3rd Leader)
1265 AD|Theory of Evolution
1270 AD|Smith's Trading Company (4th Leader)
1295 AD|Wall Street
1325 AD|Military Academy
1355 AD|Intelligence Agency
1390 AD|Battlefield Medicine
1430 AD|Pentagon
1470 AD|United Nations (5th Leader)
1485 AD|Research Lab
1490 AD|SETI Program (6th Leader)
1495 AD|Manhattan Project (7th Leader)
1520 AD|Internet (8th Leader)
1535 AD|Cure for Cancer (9th Leader)
1595 AD|Longevity
1615 AD|Apollo Program
1670 AD|Strategic Missile Defence
After Strategic Missile Defence, there was no more culture building available, so there was nothing more to do but click end of turn until 1745, when 20K was reached.

So was it good or bad, that in the beginning I built 3 settlers from the capital? Sure, I missed two important buildings, Colossus and Oracle, but my empire got off to a good start, so I was soon ahead of the AI in research (no more risk of loosing a wonder to the AI - for the rest of the game I lost only two unimportant wonders to the AI: Sun Tzu and Leonardo, the low-culture wonders of the lower branch, while I was concentrating on the upper branch with those juicy wonders Sixtine, Bach and Shakespeare), and I was able to build quite a big army which contributed a total of 9 Leaders to the effort.

The start position was of course quite a challenge for 20K: my capital maxed out at 108spt (with Factory, Nuclear Plant and Offshore Platform).

I just compared my timeline with tR1cKy's, we both got 9 Leaders, but even though he got his first one around 110 BC and was able to rush the Great Library with it, while I got my first Leader around 700 AD, I was still considerably faster. Therefore I think that in this situation, using the capital was superior to using the 2nd City?! As I was fast enough in research, I never really missed the ability to use the Palace-Prebuild: I always had something useful to build! And the second site was not really better than the capital location in terms of total shield output, was it?

Imho 2nd cultural city strat leads to better j-score (i.e. faster expansion with overpowered AI neighbors) but to slower 20k reaching.

The start position was of course quite a challenge for 20K: my capital maxed out at 108spt (with Factory, Nuclear Plant and Offshore Platform).

My 20k city on nearest golden hill (tR1cKy settled there too) out 113-1 with Mfg.

In previous spoiler I had mention as serious mistake my too generous tech trading with AIs in AA. Consequence is here:
bc 170 - in same turn Osaka has completed GLb, AIs takes all other:
Gre - HGr, Rus - GLt,
and England - GrW, reveals amazing for bc ~20spt output in London.
So this event has leaved me without GA until Samurais. :(
bc 90 - begins tracking of the Russian's columbus galley by map bying
bc 50 - DoW Azt
ad 50 - timely buy comm with Car from Rus and traded with all world
ad 270 - Azt reduced to island OCS
ad 310 - DoW Eng
ad 350 - capture London (Pyr, GrW)
390 - 1st leader spended on STz little later
420 - GA by Samurai
570 - 2nd leader
650 by hurring LeW at last I win tech/wonder race over AIs
900 - FP in London by 3rd leader
- Eng destroyed
930 - revolt to Rep, spt in Osaka =23 (23-1 was under Mon)
940 - DoW Gre
1020 - Gre destroyed
1060 - able to found a city on last unnocupied tile in Carthage,
transport quite a bunch units immediately
1080 - on planned turn by me Car DoWed by himself ))
1340 - Car destroyed
1345 - Rus provoked
1400 - 32 tiles to dom lim
1415 - Rus sunked
1455 - 6th leader comes after 55+ elite wins, but next one - after only two more ))
1540 - Modern Age
1685 - 1772 - got BURST of leaders of little impact, by 5-7-3-6-9 elite wins! (got 13 for entire game)
1806 - 20K

====

bc 2350 | | | Osaka founded
bc 1950 * | temple | 1214 |
bc 875 | Col| 1548 |
bc 630 | Lib | 1467 |
bc 570 | Palace | 480| 17-1 spt
bc 170 | GLb | 2520 |
bc 50 | colosseum | 806 |
ad 130| cathedral | 1128|
ad 450 | Sis | 1788 |
ad 560 | STz| 590 | 1st leader