1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[PTW] GOTM158 Greece Deity - Pre-Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

GOTM158 Alexander of Greece

In game number 158 of the classic game of the month series you will rule as Alexander over the Greeks, who are commercial and scientific and start the game with the knowledge of Alphabet and Bronze Working.

gotm_158_illu.jpg

This is a Deity-level game, so you get some extras to help you along the way. The Greek unique unit is the Hoplite, a replacement for the Spearman which defends even better. You get one as a bonus.

We continue to use a modified form of the standard PTW scenario, and although no bugs have been reported in some time, it is possible that play testing has not been exhaustive. Any in-game event or behaviour that a player feels is unintended should be reported to the GOTM staff immediately.

Here is your start position:

gotm_158_start.jpg

Scope of the Game:

Column 1 Column 2
    Civilization Greece
    Difficulty Deity
    Map size Standard, 100x100 Tiles
    Map topology Continents, 80% Water, 3 billion years old
    Climate Arid and Temperate
    Rivals 7 Pre-Selected AI Tribes
    Barbarians Raging
    Required victory condition None
    Submissions due by 31 May 2017 PLEASE NOTE THE DATE

Game relase page

2. denyd

denyd Emperor

I might have to at least start this .... I'm kind of curious to see what those huts product. Too bad this game won't give a settler from a hut or I'd pop all the huts before settling to hope for a Settler popped.

3. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

But workers, though. 2 workers have the same amount of population as a settler. You'll have to disband the hoplite for that though.

4. tR1cKy

tR1cKy taking over the world

WOW. I'm tempted to scrap the hoplite right away to play a game of luck with the huts, but the barb setting is kind of scary.

5. milr

milr Chieftain

I suppose immediate settle in place would survive any barb huts in the goody, goody, ... pack, but my conservative upbringing says move worker and hoplite 1NE and wait 1 turn to settle in place. Might cost some gold, but keep hoplite alive. With all those goody huts (as a starting bonus) perhaps necessity dictated a a sacrificial hoplite (bonus).

6. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

No Barbarians are spawned when you pop with a city.