[PTW] GOTM158 Greece Deity - Pre-Game Discussion

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
GOTM158 Alexander of Greece

In game number 158 of the classic game of the month series you will rule as Alexander over the Greeks, who are commercial and scientific and start the game with the knowledge of Alphabet and Bronze Working.

gotm_158_illu.jpg

This is a Deity-level game, so you get some extras to help you along the way. The Greek unique unit is the Hoplite, a replacement for the Spearman which defends even better. You get one as a bonus.

We continue to use a modified form of the standard PTW scenario, and although no bugs have been reported in some time, it is possible that play testing has not been exhaustive. Any in-game event or behaviour that a player feels is unintended should be reported to the GOTM staff immediately.

Here is your start position:

gotm_158_start.jpg

Scope of the Game:

Civilization|Greece
Difficulty|Deity
Map size|Standard, 100x100 Tiles
Map topology|Continents, 80% Water, 3 billion years old
Climate|Arid and Temperate
Rivals|7 Pre-Selected AI Tribes
Barbarians|Raging
Required victory condition|None
Submissions due by 31 May 2017 |PLEASE NOTE THE DATE

Game relase page

I might have to at least start this .... I'm kind of curious to see what those huts product. Too bad this game won't give a settler from a hut or I'd pop all the huts before settling to hope for a Settler popped.

Too bad this game won't give a settler from a hut or I'd pop all the huts before settling to hope for a Settler popped.

But workers, though. 2 workers have the same amount of population as a settler. You'll have to disband the hoplite for that though.

I suppose immediate settle in place would survive any barb huts in the goody, goody, ... pack, but my conservative upbringing says move worker and hoplite 1NE and wait 1 turn to settle in place. Might cost some gold, but keep hoplite alive. With all those goody huts (as a starting bonus) perhaps necessity dictated a a sacrificial hoplite (bonus).

Top Bottom