[PTW] GOTM174 Arabia Monarch - Spoilers

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
GOTM174 Abu Bakr of the Arabs Spoilers

S12_11166_328x328.jpg

This game is presented to you by Captain Jack. It is a Monarch-Level game featuring Arabia. Arabia is a Religious and Expansionist tribe and start the game with the knowledge of Pottery and Ceremonial Burial. Its Unique Unit is the Ansar Warrior, a cheap and very fast Knight, a bit weak on the defence.

Starting Location

EDIT: New picture uploaded 1/4.

GOTM_174opening.jpg

Game Release Page

After the game is released, the start file will be available here

Spoiler Limit

(This limit will be changed as the game progesses.)

Industrial Times or Game Submitted

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching Industrial Time or having submitted the game. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

No spoiler information from after fulfilling the spoiler requirement is allowed!

Last edited:
I, against my brothers.
I and my brothers against my cousins.
I and my brothers and my cousins against the world

- Bedouin proverb

This is my first game creation and I hope you all enjoy it. I welcome any criticisms and I encourage feedback.
I am creating GOTM_177, released in Januaty 2020, in which we become the Zulus. I already have a playable game for that one, but I will certainly make changes and I want to incorporate your feedback to make it better, so don't be shy.

Yes, I think I'll wander northwards. Thomas J. Jackson (Captain Jack?) once said: "Let's cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees." But the trees are on this side of the river.

The Arabians would have been unhappy with me if I started them off too distant from the desert.

The apology should come from me as the mess-up was mine. Too many tweaks to the map and the initial starting position must have gotten me confused. I especially apologize because this site and group is so well organized and welcoming that I hate to be the one to introduce chaos.

Ah, now that looks a bit better... Even a wheat! That's too good for just Monarch level... ;)

Edit: But I can see only the settler. Shouldn't we also get a worker and a scout?

There is a worker and a scout there also. Buried under the settler.
I just downloaded the game to my computer from the website and it has the three units and seems to be working as it should.
Sorry for the early confusion.

But I can see only the settler. Shouldn't we also get a worker and a scout?

Captain Jack moved the Worker around to dissolve some mist and then disbanded it. When you open the save, you see less. It's not a bad idea, actually. In the C3C editor, the feature to reveal tiles at will has been added, so there it's much easier. This is all motivated by our ambition to show more land in order to promote a more interesting pre-game discussion.

OCN or Size 12

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching the optimal city number, i.e. being allowed to build the Forbidden Palace, or reaching the size 12, in one of your cities, whichever comes earlier.

No spoiler information from after fulfilling the spoiler requirement is allowed!

Last edited:
Well, has anyone entered the sand world? I would like feedback, and want to see how much better you did than I in my trial games.

Yes, I already finished the game, and it played out very well. I have no recollection about when I reached OCN or the first size 12 city. (@Più Freddo : isn't a Metropolis size 13 and bigger?) So I will wait until the final spoiler is opened, before giving a few details about my game. Here only a few general observations, which should not violate the spoiler rules:

Despite the desert, the map was actually very good. Thanks to the lot of flood plains, it was possible to position quite a few cities to reach size 12. I moved Mecca directly next to the Wheat and then set up 6 cities in RCP4 around it. The FP was built in second-ring distance and allowed 4 more fully productive cities.
In a first war I took n-1 of the Persian towns, but kept them alive for their freebees. I guess, that's probably as much as I can spoiler at this point of time?!

Last edited:
Middle Ages

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching the Middle Ages. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

It's been a while on GOTM's. How do you download the non open version of the save file. I'm only seeing the open one linked on the available here link. Sorry for the newbish question. Last one of these I did was back with Civilization II.

Industrial Times or Game Submitted
Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching Industrial Time or having submitted the game. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

Top Bottom