GOTW 21-27 july (Mao)

christian_g

Chieftain
I saw at a friend on the Xbox (I am using PS3) that the first on the leaderboard for deity won at 2400 BC. Until this, I was convinced that 2k succeeded to make a better map, as no one finished under 1000AD on the PS3 and even on the Xbox there are very few with exceptional results.

I will share here my ideas in the hope that others will do that too and we will all learn to play better.

What I did:
- moved the settler towards the Egyptians and set Beijing north of the barbarians village there;
- in 3 turns make a warrior; when Cleopatra comes with the warrior to meet you, declare war directly; next turn she will attack you, lose her warrior and in two turns you will have her capital because she will not manage to make another warrior in time;
- in the mean time you will research HBR;
- if you move the warrior towards Lincoln, you will meet some unguarded settlers;
- from this point I tried to rush horsemen directly to Lincoln, but his archer will kill my horsemen army; I am current trying other options (bismark first)
- unfortunately even if you will have two capitals and HBR researched at 3000 BC, it is no way that you can win until 2400 BC with my approach (even if you will have a good result);
- the map has no huts near you and all the barbarian villages will give you caravans in most cases and money in the rest (no galley :( )
- Alexander will have a hoplite(pikeman) when you meet him; I tried even going with the settler near Athens but he will buy a pikemen when you attack;

You can use a settler slingshot:

Rush a settler in city A with a horseman in the same region. Move the horseman to where you want to put your next city. Move the settler there too. Both horseman and settler are out of turns, but select the settler in the stack and choose build city (this only works when you have a settler in a stack!). Rush a horseman in that city and move 2 regions.

Top Bottom