Government Debate: Triumvirate v. Flexible

Swissempire

Poet Jester
This is a thread to try to assuage the people who are confused by the run-off. We can ahve a good hoorable debate here. please post why either government is better, and/or why not to vote for the other one!

I would like to post a PM that i sent to a confuseduser who shall remain anonyoumous(I can't spell):

to answer your question, The triumvirate seems better. The Triumvirate is more complete, more understood, and more concrete. I'm not bashing the Flexible governement, but since in the new tri version Alpha included the addtion and subtraction of offices, the flexible has just become a less complete Triumvirate copycat. The Flexible polictical theory is a very astute one pointed out by Gingerale, and its incorporation into the Triumvirate is very good. However this also made the Flexible government lose most of its Pro's. There seems in my eyes no reason to vote flexible.

I hope I explained this well. I was originally for the Flexibble governemtn, then realized the error of my ways.

Vote Tri

the flexible has just become a less complete Triumvirate copycat.

Another point of view is the flexible is the triumvirate less the bad points. The reason i voted flexiable is because i prefer the way officals are made. In the flexible goverment there is the cabnit and the president all are elected at the start of each term. If you want the job you run for election.

In the triumvirate there a group of 3 elected (ithink) citizens who then elect or a appoint a group of more complicated offices.

Nobody said:
In the triumvirate there a group of 3 elected (ithink) citizens who then elect or a appoint a group of more complicated offices.

No only one office is appointed. The rest are elected at the sametime as the Triumvirate.

-the Wolf

You bring up good points Nobody, but the "complications" allow for less people "screwing the system".

I think that if people took the time to compare the governments side by side, a large change in opinion would be seen. I statrted this thread to clear up the rumours floating around about both govs, though they are mostly about the Tri.:mischief:

I like flexible primarily because it makes 0the people you do elct more important. If you elect 20 peopl then their will be very little importance in the individule. If you elect 3 people and they appoint a bunch of people, it means that it is very important who you vote for because they will be effecting the goverment a lot. I alos like how the system places more importance on the socila interactions taht take place. Politics should become a even greater part of the game. Plus the flexible goverment is basically a bare bones version of the tri gov. So their is no fancy beurocratic **** to take awy form the joy of Civ.

I am the Future said:
If you elect 20 peopl then their will be very little importance in the individule. If you elect 3 people and they appoint a bunch of people, it means that it is very important who you vote for because they will be effecting the goverment a lot.

There is not a single government that has 20 offices to elect. The Triumvirate has 8 Federal offices and the Flexible has 4 Federal offices, this does not include the 3 Judges or any number of Governors that we may have. Also offices in the Flexible are only appointed the term that they are created after that there will be a vote on the office.

-the Wolf

Top Bottom