1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Government Idea.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Goonie, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Please read this for the proposal it is with an open mind. In this game, we are not playing with AI, but we are playing with humans. Because of this we cannot have such an interieurly focused government. This proposal divides the government into three main divisions, all united to form our government. Our first divisons is the foreign office.

Foreign Department

Foreign Minister
    Head of the Foreign department.
    Designs trades.
    Elected.
    Post turn chat instructions.
    Gives orders to the Ambassadors.
    Holds Foreign affairs meetings(Open to the public)

Ambassadors
    Each other team has one ambassador.(No ambassadors until we have made contact in the game.)
    Elected.
    Post turn chat instructions.
    Makes contact with other teams.
    Writes deals to make to other teams.
    Negotiates terms with teams.
    Represents CFC.

Interieur Department

Interieur Minister
    Like Fanatikas Domestic Minister.
    Elected.
    Post turn chats instructions.
    Head of the govenors.
    Holds meetings with the Govenors.
    Deals with all domestic and science affairs.

Govenors
    Same as a Fanatikan govenor.
    In charge or one province.
    Post Build queues and Micromanagement.

Judicial Department

Prosecution
    Prosecutes people spying on us.
    Prosecutes CFC spying.

Defender
    Defends any accused.

Military Department

Defence Minister
    Wages War.
    Elected.
    Draws up Military Plans.

Head of State
    DP.

2. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I'm confussed with the role of ambassadors. One ambassador, or one for each enemy?

3. Goonie

Dont treat them as ennemies, but as other nations :D. Yes, one ambassador for each nation.

4. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

What about trade and culture? and Military?

5. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I know, but they are trying to win against us. I won't call them enemies to their face, unless I am sending them a declaration of war.

6. Goonie

:rotfl: Trade anc Culture are all combined into the Interieur Minister. Since we do not have as many citizens are Fanatika I tried to combine jobs.

As for Military, my parents wanted me to go to bed, so I didn't have time for that.

7. Goonie

I have put up a picture to make things easier.

8. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

I have proposed another government scheme that is based on a revamped Fanatikan constitution. I've tried to adopt many of the good ideas I've seen in other proposals. My proposal is similar to Goonies. Rather than eliminate culture, trade and science I made them subordinate to either culture or foreign affairs. I alsl made military subordinate.Here it the structure I came up with:

President (DP)

Domestic Minister
    Science Minister
    Minister of Defense
    Governors

Foreign Minister
    Trade Minister
    Culture Minister
    Ambassadors

Trade, culture and the ambassadors report to the Foreign minister who reports to the president.

Science, military and the governors report to the Domestic advisor who reports to the president.

The Judiciary makes sure the rules are followed and is responsible for conferring citizenship on those who register in the citizen registry. They are tasked with trying to weed out spies.

The citizens are the Congress which passes any needed laws and electes the leaders.

My proposal doesn't eliminate positions but does allow for a person to hold more than one job. If we don't have enough people then the Domestic leader can be science leader as well and things like that. As we grow and get more people then one person shouldn't have to do more than one job. I've also made the terms a fixed length in game turns rather than basing them on the calender month.

My proposal also does away with turn chats as they would only slow the game. The president must be able to play our turn as soon as he gets the save so it can be passed onto the next team in a timely manner.

9. Goonie

Picture works now :D!

10. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I like this last idea by donsig. It will streamline the information process. The D/M and the F/M will funnel information to the DP. They will also hold the cattle prod to the other areas/Ministers/ Dept's to get the information for those area posted or the must accept what the D/M or F/M decide to do. It seems this type of report gathering/funneling would be needed in a high speed game such as this where we do no control the clock. I also see nothing wrong with fixed length game turns terms for officials, although we won't be hampered by short turn chats in this game.

I also see nothing wrong with one player holding more than one position. If the channeling/funneling of information goes as planned, dual postions will not clog the process. In fact, it may help it. It should be noted here that with this reporting system that if one Minister doesn't get their report into the next level, then they relinquishes their authority to that level. So even if the Defense Minister reported to the Domestic Minister, if the D/M doesn't put together a report including the areas within his responsibility for the President, then the President has free reign in those areas. Speaking of which, how are you going to handle impeachment? Shouldn't not reporting to your next level for a game turn be an impeachable offense?

Anyway, I can see how t/c's wouldn't work with this game. Too much clutter and scheduling. A full report by the DP would be required for each turn. This report would have to be very detailed and encompass decisions not easily seen in the save.