Government Poll: Revolution! Or No?

When Should We Revolt into Republic?

• X Turns Later/ Not This Session (Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do Not Revolt

• Abstain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Sponsored by the President of Fanatikos

When Shall we Revolt into a Republic?

Options
1. This instant, in the pre-turn
2. Turn 1, to complete current builds
3. X turns later/not this session (Explain)
4. We should not revolt
5. Abstain

Relevant Discussion

Note: This poll will be open for 48 hours and is public.

People of Fanatikos,

It is imperative that we choose to begin our revolution into Republic immediately. The one or two pending builds mentioned in the discussion thread do not merit waiting another turn for our entire nation to thrive.

Let us begin our revolution in the preturn, so that we can quickly maximize the benefits of our new government.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
President of Fanatikos

I propose to complete marketplace in Priapos, as well as some other builds.
It takes 7 turns. just kidding, do it in one turn.

let 1 turn builds finish. i feel the ability to complete some more projects before people legally even though law ceases to exsit, kill, loot and and burn. since the persian war is basically one big accident, we won't need to worry about being handicapped an extra turn.

We have a galley that is 1 turn from completion. 1 turn.

Allow this build to complete, so that during our period of upheaval, they may head towards unknown lands and speed our discovery.

1 turn.

-- Ravensfire, candidate for President

I said one turn too, agree with Ravensfire, no need to be emotional and reckless, let this be timed a bit.

Provolution said:
I said one turn too, agree with Ravensfire, no need to be emotional and reckless, let this be timed a bit.

If we wait one turn, then that is one turn of extra commerce that we would lose under our new government. Nothing emotional or reckless about that. Our period of anarchy must be placed behind us as soon as possible, so that we can maximize the spoils more quickly.

Is 1 turn that big of a deal? Not really, but the people seem to have spoken.

Move into the Old Republic ASAP.

that galley could have given us valuable intelligence, so I agree with Ravensfire here.
One turn would be a major advantage. However, sometimes mass hysteria is strong.

Donovan Zoi said:
If we wait one turn, then that is one turn of extra commerce that we would lose under our new government. Nothing emotional or reckless about that. Our period of anarchy must be placed behind us as soon as possible, so that we can maximize the spoils more quickly.

Is 1 turn that big of a deal? Not really, but the people seem to have spoken.

One turn in a Republic whose higher military costs will for the most part offset the gain in commerce is fine by me.

Edit: This is what happens when I try to summarize things into one line. Let me rephrase this a bit, just for the record:

I believe that the amount of gold extra we'll get from the change in government will be offset or even lessened so by the increase in amount of gold to support our military. Having an extra turn in despotism would be worth it to get out a few units. I would restrict it to one just so that we can get those few growth and shield deficiencies out of the way.

I think the intelligence gains gained by the extra galley outweighs the little extra gold we get. I would gladly pay some 40 gold or so for the intelligence gained by following the Westcoast with a galley 5-6 turns earlier. That is a full 20 move journey.
Knowledge is power.

Top Bottom