Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
Please read. Revised Edition. Yes accepts this form of Gov't.

This is the way I think we should work things.

For every 4 citizens, we have a constituency. Every citizen will be randomly put into a constituenct which they cannot leave. If they leave the DG, any new citizen will take their place.

Governmental postitions.

MP= Member of Parliment

President - Our head of state! Is the DP!

Prime Minister
-Appoints Minister of FA(Must be an MP)
-Appoints Minister of Defence(Must be an MP)
-Appoints Minister of the Interieur(Must be an MP)
-Appoints Minister of Trade (Must be an MP)
Member of Parliment

Premiers
-In charge of build queues.

Judiciary
-Prosecuteur
-Public Defender
-Judge

Any person may run for MP and in any constituency. But you may not run in more than one constituency. After the election of MP's, they all get toghther and can self nominate or nominate others to be Prime Minister. Then all the MP's vote for their chose of Prime Minister. The Prime Minister then appoints all the Ministers that compose the cabinet.

The Judiary elections are for the whole nation and take place at the same time as the elections for MP.

The whole nation votes on govenors.

You may not hold more than one office unless we are short.

Every contituency votes for their choice of MP. They dont have to vote as a block, but that MP is their representation in Parliment. You do not have to run in you constituency.

The parliment votes on policy and everything. Citizens can voice their input, but the only people with votes that are official are MPs.

MP's are encouraged to listen to the their constituency of they wouldn't get re-elected!

Premiers
Start a thread for their province
Post Build queues and Micromanagement
Note- Any of this may be thrown out by the Government if deemed to be not the best for the Province

Prime Minister
Head of the Parliment
Starts the Parlimentary thread
Appoints required Ministers

Ministers
In charge of their respected domains
For example:
Minister of the interieur can bring forth to the Parliment changes to Premiers Queues

Prosecutor
Prosecutes accused Spiers

Public Defender
Defends any accused spiers

Judge
Suggest punishment.
Posts polls.
Guilt poll
Punishment poll.

Yes.

For the sake of not confusing our american counterparts (This is NOT a knock against you) and to allow better efficiency, I think Premiers should remain as being named Governors.

Please vote YES! Let leave semantics behind for now!

I voted no actually Goonie, because I really think anyone should be able to be a cabinet member. I also dont really favour a rep-by-pop system.

Ok. Compromise time. What if we kept the Parliment and the PM, except the Ministers were elected by the MP's? Or even the populace if you want.

Okay I looked at the compromise, but Im still not biting. How does this allow a competitive edge? I understand we want to win and all, but I guarantee a system such as this will scare potential new players away. They would have no voice, very slim chance of being given cabinet positions.

This gives the MP's power. All the good players will likely win their elections, and become MP's. When we give parliment power they will be able to prevent stupid choices from being made. I dont understand why you guys are voting no? Please tell me! I gave in to the ministers needing to be elected. What else do you need?

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Lets just use the COL

:eek: That old thing? Let's use the constitution, add the game play restriction to it and leave the CoL and CoS in Fanatika where they belong. We can write our own rules as the need arises.

Why did you vote no Donsig?

I voted no. We're going to need more time to write up something that we may end up using for the next six or more *months*

For one thing, if this is going to be an multi-site game... communications with the other factions will be essential. I would recommend that we have an ambassador to each human civ at least. Probably plus a head of foreign affairs.

I think thats already been said Mark ;)

I thinks its going to be goonie or naevord. One of them

I need input! Why have 9 people voted no? WHAT DONT YOU LIKE! WORK WITH ME PEOPLE!

Keep in mind this is not binding. Just to see if people like the direction in which we are going!

@Mr. Spy.

Thats the FA's official job! Thanks for spying :)!

Originally posted by Mark Phisher
For one thing, if this is going to be an multi-site game... communications with the other factions will be essential. I would recommend that we have an ambassador to each human civ at least. Probably plus a head of foreign affairs.
I would be the Apolytonian ambassador, if we have ;individual ambassadors to each human civ.

I voted 'no' because there is no reason why you can't simply hold public polls rather than using the MPs votes only. Plus, much of it isn't really explained very clearly...is there a deadline for when this game actually starts?

let me suggest instead of having governors for each province, have maybe a few governors, maybe three, who can recruit any number of citizens as researchers. The researchers scan the country, collecting information and putting forward suggestions on build queues and worker instructions, and all other micromanagement. The instructions are passed on to the president if none of the governors disagree with them.

This would promote the ideal of all the citizens pitching in to help the nation

Top Bottom