Governments and Politics II

OOC: and Breandan named his two younger children Ceri and Prito in their memory ;) and to ensure that the people recall them and make the association just in this kind of scenario.

Oh and Ceri II is High Queen because the old High King died, and out of two options one declined the throne and so she, by virtue of being the only option, is therefore High Queen of Celtia.

Messenger from Egypt,

I condemn the actions of this foolish man Criostoir. These rebellions serve not to strengthen Celtia, but only to weaken it. To return to a time of stability we must return to the ways of our fathers. I beg of you people of Celtia to resist this man with everything you have. Should you succumb to him Celtia will continue down this path of self destruction.

ooc: This is the response I was talking about.

I propose a compromise. I propose that nobody take action until, according to the Fenechas, the Council of Chiefs meets to elect new High King. Nobody shall carry arms or bring more than five bodyguards to the meeting, which shall take place in a location convenient to all.

As much as I do think that Aristocracy is far from an ideal system and that change is necessary, even though I acknowledge that without it I would not be listened or even heard, and I would not dispose of my assets, I believe that change must take place within the established framework that is the Fenechas, and thus I pledge my support, shall a compromise not be reached, to Ceri Ui Neill. Understanding compromise as either my proposition or the peaceful settlement of this affair between both contendents.

Your proposal shows ignorance of the Fenechas. According to the Fenechas the new High King or Queen is to be elected by the college of electors in conclave. There were only two electors according to the criterion, myself and my sister. I declined the throne, therefore with only one eligible elector remining my sister became rightful High Queen.

To deny that, or presume that THE LAW is up for compromise is really quite absurd and violates all our nations greatest traditions and values. THE LAW is not something that is up for debate whenever it does not suit someones interests. If there is a compromise, it is made to and between legitimate interests, Criostoir in showing himself for what he truly is, yet another rebel and a liar at that considering his original pledge to accede to a rightful monarch after the election, is not to be compromised with in my opinion, save if he bends the knee to our rightful Queen.

That said, if my sister want's to entertain such foolishness thats her prerogative. Theres a reason I declined the throne and thats because she is best suited for the position.

Your proposal shows ignorance of the Fenechas. According to the Fenechas the new High King or Queen is to be elected by the college of electors in conclave. There were only two electors according to the criterion, myself and my sister. I declined the throne, therefore with only one eligible elector remining my sister became rightful High Queen.

To deny that, or presume that THE LAW is up for compromise is really quite absurd and violates all our nations greatest traditions and values. THE LAW is not something that is up for debate whenever it does not suit someones interests. If there is a compromise, it is made to and between legitimate interests, Criostoir in showing himself for what he truly is, yet another rebel and a liar at that considering his original pledge to accede to a rightful monarch after the election, is not to be compromised with in my opinion, save if he bends the knee to our rightful Queen.

That said, if my sister want's to entertain such foolishness thats her prerogative. Theres a reason I declined the throne and thats because she is best suited for the position.

Forgive me jeho, but I'm having a hard time believing you willingly gave up the throne. :crazyeye:

Here's a question. How can prito be 28 but Diarmud be 35?

ooc: 7 years difference isn't so much of a gap, and Breandan Ui Neill was firmly of the opinion that the more children the better. Oh and I'm always ready to willingly give up the throne. In the first GaP I was only on the throne for a brief period of time (and even gave the opportunity to sieze absolute power up in order to restore the rightful monarch at one point) for the entire game.

I actually don't really care too much about actually sitting on the throne, I care about the long term plan ;)

The doors of the palace opened, and out came a young fair woman. She stood at the top of the stairs, looking down on the square below her. She gazed at the city in front of her. People stopped their activities, and looked back at her in anticipating silence. She stepped down, and as people made way she walked to the monument. There she cleared her voice, and began:

“People of Celtia! I, Ceri Ui Neill, am the rightful heir to the throne. I am your queen, as mandated by the laws in the Fenechas, whose source of legitimacy comes from the gods themselves. I stand before you in the shadow of the monument to our ancestors. Those who went before us who lived through peace and strife, celebration and tragedy, feast and famine.
As I stand here I cannot help but think of Lanicos, the son of Boudicca who set us on the path to greatness. In his time the Celtic people faced a great trial as his children fell upon each other. Her daughter Ceri, for who I am named after, led us out of the strife of that time into a period of peace and prosperity. Then that peace was shattered by the selfish actions of the Arakonath brothers who sought to seize power for themselves and cared not who was hurt or killed by their actions as they set the city ablaze and murdered innocent men, women and even children in cold blood. Lugaid, brother of late High King Conganchnes, who was as dear to me as my own father, put down the rebellion but in his wisdom showed mercy to those who had been led astray and rebuilt the city from the ashes, creating a better stronger Dun Eideann.

We are once more in such times. A once trusted man has wrongfully proclaimed himself High King after the opportune death of my husband's father. Criostoir ab Iorweth has betrayed his oaths and spat on his word, seeking, like the rebellious children of Lanicos and the Arokonath brothers before him, to claim power for his own selfish ends. But like my ancestor for who I am named I will lead us through the coming trials and like Lugaid I will neither bend nor break before the storm of treason.

Through every trial the Celtic people have faced we have come out greater. Reforged into a stronger people by the fires through which we pass.
By the spirits of my ancestors I swear to cast down the usurper who threatens to once more destroy our people for his own petty ends. And I pledge that when all is done I will continue as Lugaid has done in creating a fairer and more just society.

We have not forgotten the deeds he once did for your kingdom, and for that reason alone I am willing to have mercy on your corrupted soul. Come now, accept your faults, and avoid a much more painful punishment. I trust you may listen to the High Queen, for you have already chosen to ignore respectable nobles.

If this man decides to continue his defiance, I implore all right thinking people to oppose him. I call on all warriors to ignore his commands, for he is relieved of his position. I order the man to be brought by force if he does not willingly come to us. May the gods have mercy on his soul shall he choose to not face the law.

May the gods be with you.”

And with that she returned to the palace.

ooc:

Session 7 Turn 1 is now locked. Processing Time has begun.

While you wait, why don't you check out the Power's List:

First Power's List of the game!

See what rank your characters have achieved now!

Oh, and character's still alive have a temporary ranking. They might move places by the end of their life.

The abomination of Christos as number one will soon be resolved in a satisfactory manner either by his voluntary submission or by alternative means I assure you :p

I giggle in excitement to see if he will do the whole "Burn down the city" routine ^_^

We'll see what happens, needless to say though I've thrown him a few surprises.

Why do you ask? Are you plotting as to whether you can burn your money on one if the situation makes such a thing feasible for you :p

Regardless the pertinent fact is that in the relevant battlezone in the wilds outside of Dun Eideann, we basically are evenly matched with a slight quality advantage to the royal forces. His army in Cathair na Lugaid can't do a thing to assist, the scouts are way off in the wilderness and therefore ultimately Christos is not in as strong a position as he perhaps thinks he is in hard power, and Im sure his opaque and self-evident public lying and the fact he prooved my points when I brought them up instead of refuting them should see a precipitous decline in his popularity amongst the people as well, especially considering we accepted his record, gave him the chance to follow his word (and it was only after his IC revelation of truth and of his deception that we let loose at him), and even now gave him an easy way out in recognition of his service.

I was just wondering. If it was 100 men, they should have no chance of winning over a city. 500 though, is a different story.

The question is, technically there is no Ri or High King. Two people appointed themselves King. I'm not sure who gets precedence.

And I wouldn't waste funds bribing warriors :)

Also - technically.. Christos and nonevah are the only living politicians (that are human at least).

Well, what I think doesn't matter. Just food for thought :goodjob:

The question is, technically there is no Ri or High King. Two people appointed themselves King. I'm not sure who gets precedence.

And I wouldn't waste funds bribing warriors :)

Well Ceri II by the law, by descent and by virtue of the fact she is in the city and not some self-proclaimed general in the field is legitimate monarch. Christos I would think would have to assert his claims before he can take the benefits, and as you may have guessed we will be opposing that quite vigorously.

Oh and Im not bribing warriors, bribing the warriors Christos is personally leading would have a questionable chance of working due to the charismatic general effect, and the warriors in Caithar na Lugaid are not relevant to the main battle so bribing them would be a diversion of resources.

That said I suspect some money is going to re-enforce the loyalty of the soldiers we already have, but Im not privy as to whether that actually is the case (ergo, Im not paying the cash for that).

Top Bottom