Governments and Politics

OOC: Hail the leader!!!!!!!!!!

I really do enjoy this :D I have found that political maneuvering and manipulating is fun.

OOC: ditto for both Tambiens assertions.

Although I must say that the fact he mentioned political maneuvering and manipulating just makes me even more paranoid that he's up to more than that which Im already aware of.

ooc: Glad you're still here Civleader, although I take it you probably didn't see the PM from SmugKitteh and myself about retconning out the war declaration as it wasn't intended until after we had swordsmen.

ooc: meh, Helsinki (presuming you are talking about them) isn't a threat to begin with. Just let them stew for a bit while we take potshots at them before we come down with a coup-de-grace once we have the necessary forces.

I would also suggest that we go fabricate something to add to our pre-existing cassus belli to 'anger' us further thus changing an originally forced commitment out of duty to our neighbour Quebec to one of genuine animosity to the governance of the Finns. Such a thing would cover up our tracks over a prolonged war and minimise the appearance of weakness the non-retconned declaration will occur.

ooc: christos gets blamed for everything. Jehoshua's more likely to believe you if you blame chgrogers or defoesrightboot;)

ooc: of course if something happens its not like I will react with half measures.

News Report
T104- T108

T104 (275 BC)
Warsaw and Helsinki have a dispute.
Second Worker Unit finishes the Cyrus Memorial Road. They begin the Artaparsa Victory Road.
The Persian Labor Unit move to 14B
An Immortal Division has been trained in Persepolis. It moves towards Sayehabad.
Work on a circus in Persepolis is begun.
Spoiler :

T105 (250 BC)
The HIMV Plyplay scouts Helsinki's lands. They spot only two divisions of archers protecting the city.
Spoiler :

The First Scout Division finds the Arabian city of Damascus.
A warrior division has been trained in Noctusan. It forms part of the Noctusan Army.
The Sayehabadian Army is positioned outside Helsinki's borders.
Spoiler :

Helsinki asks us for help in their dispute against Warsaw.
Spoiler :

A lot of confusion was created by the orders of the Satrap of Sayehabad and the Governor of Noctusan. After deliberation and reading the orders many times, it is decided that a work boat shall be built in Noctusan.
Persia adopts piety as their new policy. This has caused the religion ideal of all people to increase.
The third labor unit travels to Noctusan to mine the iron.

T106 (250 BC)
Kuala Lumpur had a serious dispute with Genoa, and wants Genoa eliminated.
Sayehabad Army crosses Helsinki's borders.
Spoiler :

T107 (200 BC)
Theology is researched in the empire, increasing the religious ideal. Research begins on Masonry.
The Great Lighthouse has been built in a far away land.
Spoiler :

The HIMV Plyplay bombards a Helsinki archer division, causing little damage.
The Sayehabadian Guard joins the bombardment.
After the archers bombarded, the Royal Immortal Guard moved in to the forest and eliminated the enemy archers.
Spoiler :

The new Noctusan warriors advance into Helsinki's suburban area.
The Persian labor unit begins to mine 14B
Spoiler :

T108 (175 BC)
The Archer Divisions bombard Helsinki. HIMV Plyplay also bombards.
The Sayehabadian Guard captured Finnish workers. The Monument in Babyloparsa is finished. Citizens are relocated to 3E.
Spoiler :

Deaths:
  • Ardeshir Artaparsi
  • Darius Domination
  • Zethru Ahun
  • Bahadur Artaparsi
  • Farrokhzad Noctus

Session 13
T108 (175 BC)

Persepolis:

Decisions:
Who shall be the new Prime Minister?
Who shall be the new Minister of Domestic Affairs
Who shall be the new ambassador to the ottoman empire?
Who shall be the new Minister of Foreign Affairs?
Who shall be the new Minister of Religion?

Issues:
Domestic: Revival of religion in city.
Foreign: Warsaw wants Quebec Destroyed
Hanoi has closed its borders
New Quebec Leader: Samuel Ford
Turbulent times in Siam

Artaparsa:

Issues:
Domestic: Bandits roam the rural areas of Artaparsa.
Religion gains strength in city.

Sayehabad:

Issues:
Domestic: Unhappy population.
Stagnation in City.
Increase in organized crime
Bandits roam the rural areas of the city.
Slave trade increased.
War-hunger increased.
Revival of religion in city.

Noctusan:

Issues:
Stagnation in City.
Slave trade increased.
Injustice and outlaw increased in city.

Babyloparsa:

In-game Issues:
What shall be produced in the city?

Issues:

Spoiler Persepolis :

Spoiler Artaparsa :

Spoiler Sayehabad :

Spoiler Noctusan :

Spoiler Babyloparsa :

Spoiler Strategic Views of War :

Spoiler Strategic Views :

Spoiler Civ Info :

Spoiler Player Info :

Corrections to Player information pic.:
Darius Tambien is Minister of Minorities and in the politician pool. Jehangir Artaparsi is Satrap of Artaparsa. Vafa Noctus is accidentally repeated, and Darius Doteiti should only be in the politician pool, not in both the politician and the civilian pools. Swimciv is a herarch of Persepolis.

Public Speech

-

People of Artaparsa, I must deliver some sad news. My Father, the emminent High Priest and Satrap, Ardeshir Artaparsi the conqueror of Turrak and wise ruler of Artaparsa has died.

He has done great work for the people of Artaparsa and indeed the greater good of Artaparsa and Persia was what drove him in his governance. During his time as ruler our city has come from the time of the great economic crisis and from constant attacks by barbarians, to a city that is the most peacable in the empire. My Father subjugated the barbarians, and through his wise action restored us to economic health, he established proper judicial protocol to ensure justice in our criminal system in a protocol now copied elsewhere in the Empire. I think all Artaparsans can remember him for the prosperity and peace he has brought to our satrapy through the implementation of firm mazdaean wisdom. We can know also the great gift we have been given in his reign by seeing the state of affairs beyond our lands, in Artaparsa there is peace and prosperity while in the east much disorder reigns. I pray that by his example all the empire may prosper in the ways of Mazda.

But to the present. As always there are some minor problems to be dealt with. Bandits continue to pester the rural areas and cause suffering to the people of rural Artaparsa. My father wished for the Artaparsan guard to sally forth to extirpate these bandits once the archer legion is complete, enabling order to be maintained in the city. But unfortunately he ceased to be just before he could implement the order.

Therefore I, Satrap Jehangir, son of Ardeshir of the royal lineages of Kings Jehashuthra and Saro and heir of King Plyplay our first King (ooc: this is true, since he appointed Jehashuthra as his successor) order the following.

The Artaparsan guard is to sally forth upon the completion of the archers, and cleanse the Satrapy of any bandits who do not of their own volition lay down their arms and hand themselves in to the guard. The archers upon completion are to garrison Artaparsa.

This will put to a rest the only major problem that currently troubles my domain.

In addition to this however I would like to call another advisory council of community leaders from Artaparsa so that I can gain a better picture of the state of affairs in the Satrapy, and so I can discuss several things that are on my mind to representatives of the community and gain a measure of how society thinks on such matters before I make my decisions.

-

normal

-

NOTIFICATION OF BOOK COMPLETION

His Highness after much consideration in regards to recent works regarding the triumvirate has written a complimentary book on the subject after recent debate on the neutrality of the emminent Tambiens work. This work shall be purchasable for 3g per copy for a limited period. Each book will contain a number/letter combination to ensure authenticity using the format Tambien developed. The book shall be copyrighted.

The Books name is

The Triumvirate of Persia: An Analysis of History and Politics.

The order form shall use the format established by the author Tambien.

-

ooc: Actions speak louder than words, the lack of problems in Artaparsa shows quite clearly the utility of my governance ;)

The spoiler is for Civleader.

Spoiler :
Those who are summoned.

:representative of the lowtown
:commander of the Artaparsa Guard
:representative of the business community
:representative of middle district
:representative of the local nobility
:Head of House Mahvash
:Head vicar of Artaparsa
:Judge of the civil courts (that Ardeshir established in Artaparsa)
:head of the local Babylonian community
:Head of the local Sumerian community
:head of the security forces

-

Basically the beginning of the council is to inquire as to the opinions and state of affairs in their relevant areas. I will give you further more specific inquiries that I wish to give to the advisory council when I send you a movement/action message (always have to be doing something as Satrap)

ooc: for the record the Church members who are currently alive and myself (as successor of Ardeshir) need to elect a new High Priest. So in the Church of Mazda social group (conclave thread) the following

Jehangir Artaparsi
Domination II
Vafa Noctus
Saro II Sayeh
SwimCiv

will need to pick a new High Priest (who then also ex officio is minister of religion).

Jehangir Artaparsi will become the new high priest again. What a suprise!!

How could I become High Priest again? I was never High Priest to begin with :lol:. One wonders what goes through the minds of the members of the House of Christos.

Tell me one non Artaparsi that became high priest.

Can you tell me the name of one Artaparsi who was not elected to the position of High Priest via a legitimate conclave in adherence to the laws of the Church?

In reality persia is a theocracy where the Artaparsi family rules everything and have a puppet king.

It would be good if you could provide some substantive evidence to back up your blanket claims. Especially considering on paper the Noctus Family is more powerful with control of the two cities (soon to be three) of the Satrapy of Sayehabad, and with ministerial positions (which the Artaparsi family currently lacks).

All the people know of this. Artaparsi are the plague of persia.

A plague you say.

One would hazard you inquired with the people of Artaparsa or indeed the people in any place in Persia as to their opinion on the matter. Afterall the artaparsans paricular were under the rule of my father with the rest of Persia being under his benevolent rule in ecclesiastical and religious matters.

Interestingly if you note the recent government fact files to which you are privy, The Satrapy of Artaparsa has the least problems of any Satrapy. Furthermore is it not strange that Persia has experienced a rennaisance of piety during his tenure as High Priest; one would think that a negative opinion of my father would not be conductive to such a thing. If he was unpopular then why do the people kneel more pious than ever before to Mazda, following his example?

There are lies. You always become high priests, you always have a puppet king, you always do anything you can to weaken the persian people in the name of your idotic monarhy.

It is sad that you cannot produce any evidence to your ramblings. Indeed you once again fit to the old tales of foolish Christos the revolutionary, ranting lunacy on a streetcorner and torn to pieces by a vigilante from the masses who despised him.

Oh an how is it my monarchy, I am not even King? Not to mention I have not forced His Majesty to do anything and have only intermittent contacts with him. I might remind you though, calling the monarchy 'idiotic' is an insult against the King of Kings, insulting the majesty of the King is punishable according to Persian law against Lese Majeste.

Top Bottom