1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

Public speech.

I king araslan II order the arrest of Darius Chgrogers Tambiena ,Ledley DefoesRightBoot and Vahid for the crimes of treason against the state and the suspected murder of Farrokhzad, Darius Domination, and the Artaparsi's.

Evidence

Darius Tambien: Should we investigate dot80?

Ledley DefoesRightBoot: Big climb-down from Dot80 today, still difficult to know whether he's sold out or is trying to infiltrate the government. I would say we leave him out of it, he knows which characters are anti-government and which are controlled by Jehoshua so he can contact us if he wants.

Christos might be a possibility - he definitely enjoys causing trouble but could be a right pain in the ass!

Darius Tambien: I think christos would somehow reveal us.

Plus, even though I hired the best spies available to deliver my messages (civleader!) chgrogers has tracked me as the Guildmaster. He has agreed to blame christos if word ever gets out.

Darius Tambien: Should we investigate dot80?

Ledley DefoesRightBoot: Big climb-down from Dot80 today, still difficult to know whether he's sold out or is trying to infiltrate the government. I would say we leave him out of it, he knows which characters are anti-government and which are controlled by Jehoshua so he can contact us if he wants.

Christos might be a possibility - he definitely enjoys causing trouble but could be a right pain in the ass!

Darius Tambien: I think christos would somehow reveal us.

Plus, even though I hired the best spies available to deliver my messages (civleader!) chgrogers has tracked me as the Guildmaster. He has agreed to blame christos if word ever gets out.

Darius Tambien: What shall we sabotage first?
    Vahid: something related to their business would be good. It will be a big impact on them.
    Darius Tambien: Doy you know if the bank has any holdings?
    Vahid: No

-
    On other kingly orders I wish to implement a new junior ministry role the minster of economics and corruption.

The role of this position is.

1. To oversee business in the Persian nation and make sure they are operating with correct moral standards and procedures, like the slavery problems in many cities of Persia, and is empowered to fine and punish business accordingly, the minster of law may veto.

2. To help the minster of domestic affairs with the monitoring of the strength of the Persian ecomany of Persian nation and the implementation of stimulus funds when it is needed.

3. To make sure there is little bribery happening and to make sure there is little corruption (no one secretly hiding away funds provided by the state).

I ask the opinions of the no criminal citizens of Persia on this matter as I believe it will help reduce the illegal slave trade in till we can find other supplies of slaves for these business to operate on.

-

On another edict I wish to establish the royal Persian racing league, to connect Persia together through the sport of horse racing, providing frontier cities with a means to feel part of Persia. If anyone is interested in owning a piece of this league contact me as I don’t what a single family to own it to stop jealous hands from trying to take, note race track can only be built in cities with a supply of horse and I can assure you horse racing is very profitable and Persepolis mine so back of.

-

Finally I will appoint Filli IV to be the minster of domestic affairs and one of Jehoshua people to the position of foreran minster.

2. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: I only have one character who is of majority at the moment (Jehangir Artaparsi) so I presume he is now foreign minister.

-

-

public speech

I must say I am absolutely shocked at this turn of events. I had absolutely no idea that such murderous actions were being plotted. Particularly I am dismayed that Tambien has been implicated in this act, and the murder of my father, for he attempted to lead me to think Christos was plotting assasinations. Now it seems he was simply trying to mislead me and direct me away from his own nefarious plans (The Kings information points to him as the leader of the cabal in question). Thus I feel obliged, in the interests of the forthcoming investigation to reveal to the King what was said between us chronologically. (two separate discussions)

Spoiler :

It appears my suspicions were right, partially. Defoesrightboot has been found to have colluded, and Chgrogers at least had knowledge, although I am by no means certains of his involvement beyond that.

Either way Im afraid my recent speeches regarding the heresy of liberalism now have an added weight. For we see once again the danger liberalism poses to decency and morality within the empire, for in the name of 'progress' and beset by self-indulgent individualism at the expense of the collective these liberals have been plottting against the state, and most particularly my family in a perverse and disgusting descent into immorality and sin. I am dumbfounded however that my intellectual thoughts have been corroborated by such vulgarity so quickly.

Although of course I should hardly be surpried, to such people who hold to fundamental liberalism not even morals or religion gets in the way of 'progress' and individual gain.

One more thing on this matter I might add though, it appears (the bolded section of one of the pieces of evidence) on Chgrogers. I think he might simply have been intimidated into agreeing to blaming Christos (after all if they did commit assasinations, his life would of been at stake oncif he didn't) after he found out. But due cautino at the very least should mean that he is for the duration of the investigation kept under constant observation and confined within the safety of his home, both to ensure if he is involved that nothing untoward can occur, and also if he is not involved to ensure his safety from any retribution that might come his way from agents of the accused. In addition naturally of course he will be questioned by the Persepolis security forces if it pleases the King of Kings??? the possibility of his involvement is most disturbing especially as he is a priest of mazda. This alone for me is reason to think he was threatened into silence but of course proper judicial procedure must still apply. Oh and of course such an arrangement will allow the Persian Periodical to continue its efforts, despite its owners situation. It is a good paper and it would be unfortunate for the next addition to be cancelled due to its owners incarceration. I do suggest however that it passes through a government censor (Domestic Minister) to ensure it doesn't compromise the investigation before it is published.

-

Oh, and I forgot to express my deep thanks to the King of Kings for appointing me foreign minister of Persia, I vow to serve as my father once did, for the greater good of Persia in your name.

3. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

All men are equal. That is what i said. I dont think that this is the most dangerous thing in the empire.

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: talking about more relevant people and events other than your Christos, notably those involved in SmugKittehs unexpected revelations. (I for one thought the ex-coup supporters were finally starting to co-operate with the conservative faction and the empire more generally, Tambien certainly for that matter with his books. Apparently thats not quite the case)

5. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I must ask why I was implicated in this crime? I have never been involved in such terrible things. I know nothing of this, and do not understand why I have been arrested.

~Darius Chgrogers Tambien

OOC: This was done by his father. I disbanded it before Darius came of age.

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

quite simply ridiculous. Your father died decades ago, and the reports name you specifically. Of course one can only expect such things from one accused of such vile acts, it is only natural for a man to seek to exonorate oneself and avoid consequences for evil actions, such is ones fallen nature.

Anyways I think it best for me to retire from talk on this matter. I am quite naturally enraged at the possibility my father was murdered and thus it would be best for me to collect myself on this matter and let the firm hand of Persian justice take its course without any unilateral interventions from me.

7. Tambien

OOC: Hence the "I disbanded it before he came of age" part....

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: Persian law has made no provision for a distinction between minors and adults to date in terms of culpability or in regards to punishment. Either way, we have no evidence of what you are saying in regards to disbanding "it", we don't even know what "it" is.

9. Tambien

OOC: I said before he came of age because it wasn't him that disbanded it. That just seemed the best way to say it IC. "It" is the Crimson Order.

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: Your lieing.

Since i happened to recieve a message from SmugKitteh after he posted it on the thread saying he got it from the Rinz Collective (EDIT, ofc I am not saying that IC since SmugKitteh didn;t reveal the name IC, good thing he didn't as it caught this bad attempt at deception) , a group which a check only an hour ago showed is still extant. (and which incorporates you, DFRB and Civleader as the Moderator of GaP). Seems like you have just shown that you are a pathological liar.:p

EDIT: check 2 seconds ago now ;)

11. dot80

dot80 Emperor

This is a sad turn of events. Persian Literature will take a huge hit with the conviction of one of it's most influential authors.

12. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

I find these revelations disturbing, Vafa and myself will make the full resources of House Noctus available to the investigation. If my cousin was murdered the House Noctus will demand the murderer be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

13. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

Public Speech/Sermon

Many of our most influential politicians have been implicated in the most heinous of crimes. There has been a massive conspiracy to overthrow Persia's way of life. We have been disillusioned to the true nature of our country. It may seem to some that nothing is safe. But they are wrong. The Church still offers a path to salvation. Our king is fair and just. Let us all dedicate ourselves completely to the work of Mazda and find truth in good deeds. The king needs all of our total support. Let us promise ourselves that we will spend the rest of our lives doing what is good for others and the church, and let us forget our petty greed for money and power. The liberal conspiracy has been foiled; let us now work to eliminate the false truths that allowed it to happen in the first place. I proclaim in my role as Hierarch of Persepolis and Babyloparsa a satrapsy wide day of fasting and prayer. May we root out the evil within us and bring out our goodness and belief in Mazda.

14. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

I have wonderful news. The church conclave has met and a new High Priest of Ahura Mazda has been elected. I give you High Priest Saro II Sayeh-Artaparsi.
    -Vafa Noctus

15. Tambien

OOC: The Crimson Order and the Collective were the same thing. The only reason the group still exists is because I haven't been able to get a mod to delete it yet.

IC: Thank you for your praise, but I am hardly the best. The Ataparsi's new book is very good. You should order a copy.
    ~Darius Chgrogers Tambien

EDIT:

OOC: I can invite you to the group if you wish. Civleader can testify that I haven't deleted anything.

16. dot80

dot80 Emperor

What book has the Artaparsi written?

17. Tambien

:rolleyes:

18. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

Well, this is something of a shock! I have to admit that the circumstances do not look good against me, and I must trust that those in charge of this situation will listen to my statement.

A number of years ago, when I was a young man and still desperately missing my father Rafa DefoesRightBoot, who as you all know died during the coup he foolishly embraced, I received an anonymous letter suggesting that I may wish to join an anti-government faction. Wishing to prove that I was not a traitor like my father, I decided to investigate this faction by joining with the intention of reporting any potential coups or other major anti-Persian issues.

The group started with only myself, Tambien and Vahid. Nothing more than a brief discussion of who else may be a potential conspirator took place, and the group fizzled out. No meetings, discussions or anything else have been held in many, many years which is why I never bothered to report anything to the relevant authorities.

If the deaths mentioned were indeed murder, they were totally unconnected to this group, or at the very least were carried out without my knowledge (which, given that there were only three members, makes it virtually outside the group.)

I await the decisions of those in charge of this, and am happy to answer any questions required.

19. Tambien

OOC: DRB is correct.

20. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

Letter to the High Priest and King

I do not wish to overstep my bounds your holiness and your majesty, but I desire to submit an idea to your attentions. We have recently seen the dangers of Liberalism. Perhaps it is now time for the church to hold an Inquisition to eliminate the widespread heresy that Liberalism has brought about. It would not attempt to eliminate the positive aspects of Liberalism, but instead try to eliminate the violent subversion and heresy which has become so characteristic of that philosophy. We must purify Persia before we can hope to expand our religion to the world.