Governments and Politics

Lies. You try to kill me because of my political and religious opinions. I call the king to stop this. You are trying to do anything to put me in jail but one day your family will fall. You maked persia from a state of justice and freedom to a absolut theocracy.

If you have business in Artaparsa can you not hire an intermediary? The House Noctus has interests across the empire and beyond and yet I can attend to them from the palace of Sayehabad.

I just dont trust anyone for this business. This is a secret business.

religious opinions? Are you not a good mazdaean? If you are indicating heterodoxy in your beliefs you simply increase concerns into your behaviour.

Indeed it may justify a broader scope of investigation into your conduct, for although simply holding to heresy is not punishable by the state (although it would warrant an excommunication by the Church) propogating an unrecognised religion or a heresy to others is. I would certainly hope that you are not engaging in such subversive conduct and that your 'secret business' is not contrary to the divine faith, or the laws of Persia.

Absolute theocracy with no privacy and freedom.

That is what persia is ,people of persia. You must have a king to rule you with absolute power, you have a church that destroys your freedom, force converts you and dont let you say your opinion.

Is this the persia our fathers and grandfather wanted?

forcible conversion. That is explicitly forbidden by the Church, as Ahura Mazda rrequires co-operators in the divine war against Angra Mainyu. He does not force souls to follow Him as that is directly contradictory to His will which is that souls come to Him and work with Him in a reciprocal and freely chosen relationship, against the forces of darkness and evil.

As to freedom of religion. Such freedom exists in Persia, a religion merely has to be recognised by the state in order to evangelise. This is a perfectly reasonable law, and it exists in order to exclude subversive cults from infiltrating Persia and undermining the authority of the state and to ensure that dangerous and infernal practices are prevented from corrupting and harming society. Furthermore in a great mercy the law permits private beliefs contrary to the state religion of Mazdaeism so long as one does not evangelise or otherwise break persian law, thus to say Persia stifles privacy and freedom of belief is simply fallacious slander against the entire nation and most especially against our ancestors who developed the law and the King of Kings.

As to this current state of affairs being the Persia our fathers and grandfathers wanted. Most definitely it is. I know my ancestors worked their entire lives to propogate virtue in the empire and spread the mazdean faith. Their success and the success of all the faithful mazdaean is shown by the unanimity of faith in Persia today. In credit to their faith and the Church also is the fact that no forced conversions are known in the history of the faith. The sumerians and babylonians for example were permitted to practice their native religions, and seeing the truth of mazdaeanism converted of their own free will and have become valued parts of the tapestry of persian society, and glorious treasures amongst the body of the faithful.

Lies. You try to make the people your slaves. That is not going to happen. People figth for you rights.

Anyway. I have to go to Artaparsa and dont have time to argue with you.

very well, you are completely free to attempt to leave Noctusan if you so wish.

People of Persia on the matter of the recent arrest, I earned the information leading to their arrest, by stumbling over a few bits of information when I was monitoring the stability of Persia and by receiving some leads on the matter by a few concerned citizen. Though this information my not be what is require to prove these men guilty I would rather them to be safely under trial so any further trouble making they might do is reduced because of the spotlight they are under. On the Babylonian kingship, after some discussion Filli Notucus IV has been decided to travel to travel to Babyloparsa as the people of Babylonia wished to undertake the ritual to see if he will become their new king and client king to Persia. I wish him luck and a safe journey, considering the recent attacks on his family which I will not tolerate and I will investigate with all my power to see those behind them brought to justice, as the presence of Romans in Persia and any harbouring them.

Finally the armies marching on Helsinki demand a general and I’m considering applicants for the role. Contact me if you are interested and don’t bother if you are suspected to be one to hold coup.

At the request of the King of Kings and in response to the calls of the Babylonian populace I will travel to Babylonparsa to undergo the kingship ritual. Should Mithra choose me to follow in the footsteps of my father and rule the Babylonians I shall re-pledge the loyalty of myself and Babylon to the King of Kings.

I suggest that a member of House Noctus, as the local ruling family of the neighbouring satrapy of Sayehabad fulfils the positoin of Field Marshal in this conflict. However there is also merit in the idea that His Majesty himself, personally takes command and leads his forces to victory against Helsinki.

-

ooc: EDIT (I decided to revoke an offer to take the position for various reasons, most notably that Ardeshir and the Church lamented the war [remained neutral]. on that matter SaroII should not get involved lest he screw over his reputation amongst the faithful by violating hte neutrality of the Church on this matter)

ooc: Its either because he is stupid, or because he is actually guilty.

ooc: :lol:, either way the investigation into him could help you, if what you said to me turns out to be true, either way depending on the outcome either my suggestion to investigate Christos proves you upright and reasonable and you get off the hook, or he gets found perfectly innocent and you are in a very nasty position considering your the one who said he was involved.

Persepolis Periodical 2nd Ed. Owned and operated by the Persepolis Periodical Company

Helsinki War written by Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers edited by the Lead Investigator after his death.

The war with Helsinki has only been joined last year with the destruction of the Finnish archers by the Imperial Immortals. So far the casualties for this fight have been light with the Imperial Immortals sustaining the brunt of damage. So far spirits have been high Helsinki lands have been cleared and many military units are sitting at the city limits. Many people did not take kindly to the action of the First Sayehabad Division who captured the Finnish Workers. Some of the Persian Upper Class has spoken out against these actions. Lastly the some of the men began questioning if Persia can capture the city without Strong leadership and Iron weapons to take the city.

Support for the war comes mostly from the Middle and Lower Classes with only a few enlightened Upper Classes arguing against the war. A middle class man from Sayehabad stated “Terrorists in any part of the world, no matter ideology or religion, must be punished for their acts.” Another poor man said this is a great way to show our military might. “It was about time to test our military might in the field. Where better to do this then Helsinki?”

Some scholars argue that we should not have taken sides and mediated the issue since both sides have committed acts of violence. “If you look deep into the conflict between Helsinki and Quebec, you will see that both have committed violent acts, and both have insulted each other, and all because of a silly despite between the leaders of the two cities. Getting involved and approving of one side just tells the world we pardon Quebec's aggressions, and that this war has other concerns and benefits to Persia.” This has been corroborated in the history piece The Conflict between Quebec City and Helsinki.

Update: In a quote from King Arsalan II “Finally the armies marching on Helsinki demand a general and I’m considering applicants for the role. Contact me if you are interested and don’t bother if you are suspected to be one to hold coup.” This reporter assume he is meaning Daruis Tambien, DefoesRightBoot and Vahid. As such there is no word on the Finnish Workers and King’s plan for them.

SmugKitteh said:
chgrogers said:
My King this in information my men have gathered about your reign and the Slavery Act. I thought you would want to have this to create some great change in our the Slavery Act. The ministry of Law needs to act and enforce the law. I would consider replacing the Minister of Law if he continues to be absent from the Persian Political Circles.
On the information on your Reign many people await your convictions in the operations of the war. As such you have no General Leading the battles to coordinate.
Many people do not like the fact they the Sayehabadian Guard captured to Finnish workers, but they are useful. Take careful consideration in what to do with them. Sending them to Noctusan and having them work the mines would make them useful and give us access to iron that we need to win the war against Helsinki.

Your Loyal Servant,

Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers
I thank you for this

Conflict between Quebec City and Helsinki.
Written by Lead Investigator edited by Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers

What was the Cause? Were Kiranist involved?
We have all heard of the Month of Parent's Sorrow, as Quebec calls the days when the oligarchy's children were assassinated. But this was not the beginning of the Helsinki-Quebec conflict. This conflict goes back to when John Harrison, now dead, began his rule. It all began with a trade conflict. Quebec began to tax Helsinki's products, and Helsinki responded with taxes on Quebec. Then it went to to more personal matters, where the princess in Helsinki refused to marry John Harrison. The princess, a beautiful damsel, would not be convinced by any type of gift the desperate Harrison would send, so John began to send threats. He would destroy Helsinki's merchant ships and cargoes unless the princess accepted the marriage. Helsinki's king was angered by this, and did not insist on the marriage any longer. Things began to escalate, as merchants on both sides were attacked. After a year of this tension, the beautiful princess unexpectedly died after she accepted to marry a Finnish Aristocrat. The King, of course, blamed Quebec for plotting against his family, and he insulted the Harrison family, and Quebec. He cut diplomatic relations, and executed several Quebec prisoners.
John Harrison wanted war, but his people were not convinced. Quebec believed this conflict was caused by John himself, and attacking Helsinki would be dishonorable. That all changed after the assassinations. Quebec believes Helsinki tried to blame this on Kiranist followers to avoid war, but get revenge on John Harrison. After investigations lead by Persia, this was found to be false. Quebec was now convinced war was necessary, and Persia was also easily convinced.

As this article shows this conflict between Quebec City and Helsinki is not so cut and dry as it was first made out to be. Both sides have committed acts of piracy, murder and insults against each other. A Finnish Princess was kill both cities excessive tax each other’s products, raided each other’s shipping and eventually the Month of Parent’s Sorrow which got the Persian Empire involved. To be truthful, I don’t respect either side in the war they have both acted dishonourably.

Church and State Separation Movement. Written by: Lead Investigator edited by Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers

Ishvad Jahan has become a quiet person, who has a small school where he teaches his ideas. I talked to the man, who seemed a little reluctant to speak, and this is what he said: “I have hope that one day my liberal ideas can be understood by all Persians. As I can see, Persia is not ready for these freedoms, and as long as the same families keep their power, Persia will never be ready.”
I asked him what he though of the death of Ardeshir Artaparsi, and who should take his place, and this is what he said: “Persia has lost a good man, who worked for the good of the empire, and who improved his domain. All men are ambitious, and all men are in a quest for power, but not all men gain his power as Ardeshir did, and not all men use their power to improve the lives of his subjects. My condolences to the Artaparsi family. As for the High Priest position, I just hope the new High Priest follows his predecessors traditions of controlling the immense power he has, and using it to spread our faith and follow Ahura Mazda's true words.”
As a priest I have begun to wonder who would be a religious fanatic bent on causing the Church damage by calling for extreme actions to root out perceived evils or use his own power to destroy those who would vie against or speak out against his policies.

Slavery Act Written
by Lead Investigator Editted by Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers and Lead Investigator after his death

In Sayehabad, there is little opposition of this act. Few, however, seem to really pay close attention to it and follow it. There is a need for enforcement of the law in the slave market of Sayehabad. The Ottoman empire has passed a similar law for their slave trade, which saves the troubles of difference in law for the trade. In Noctusan, there is a lot if disregard for this law.

Security Forces, and a strong government presence is lacking in Noctusan. The Governor is not even located in Noctusan yet. He has, however, hired the few Security Forces the city can afford from his own pocket.
The Slavery Act took effect during the end of Session 12 but there was no enforcement by the Ministry of Law or the Satraps specifically Sayehabad and especially Noctusan were the current governor is not even living in the city and rules from Artaparsa. By not living in Noctusan he allows lawlessness to rule his city. In a following letter to the King
SmugKitteh said:
chgrogers said:
Civleader said:
Reign of King Arsalan the Second
The People of Persia are content with the new king's rule, for now. They await to see the results of the war with Helsinki, and how he will deal with the roman threat.
Slavery Act
In Sayehabad, there is little opposition of this act. Few, however, seem to really pay close attention to it and follow it. There is a need for enforcement of the law in the slave market of Sayehabad. The Ottoman empire has passed a similar law for their slave trade, which saves the troubles of difference in law for the trade. In Noctusan, there is a lot if disregard for this law.
My King this in information my men have gathered about your reign and the Slavery Act. I thought you would want to have this to create some great change in our the Slavery Act. The ministry of Law needs to act and enforce the law. I would consider replacing the Minister of Law if he continues to be absent from the Persian Political Circles.
On the information on your Reign many people await your convictions in the operations of the war. As such you have no General Leading the battles to coordinate.
Many people do not like the fact they the Sayehabadian Guard captured to Finnish workers, but they are useful. Take careful consideration in what to do with them. Sending them to Noctusan and having them work the mines would make them useful and give us access to iron that we need to win the war against Helsinki.
Your Loyal Servant,
Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers
I thank you for this
I delivered information pertaining to his reign the war with Helsinki and the Slavery Act, with recommendation to better help him serve Persia. He has taken these things under advisement and has not made declarations.
Update: Saro Artaparsi Sayeh II, Governor of Noctusan has hired additional security forces to combat the increasing lawlessness in Noctusan. As he has been recently appointed High Priest and Artaparsa is the center of Religion. This writer does not foresee him moving his residence soon.
Satrap Jehangir Artaparsi has made the following statement after the Artaparsa small council initiative.
“I would like to announce the Abolition of Slavery in the satrapy of Artaparsa. I shall give the slaveholders of the Satrapy approximately one year to produce alternative arrangements as an exceedingly generous concession to the few who make use of the disgusting institution in my satrapy. I also strongly state that anyone found selling slaves in Artaparsa, or who enslaves another or own slaves shall be dealt strongly by the law. Indeed from this day forth ( with the exclusion of the one year delay on current slaveholders) anyone who posesses a slave in the Satrapy of Artaparsa is to be punished by indentured servitude to the satrapy, furthermore anyone who enslaves another is to be punished with death and anyone who sells slaves in Artaparsa is to be punished by life imprisonment.”
It is believe instead of freeing their current slave most slave holders will take them out of the Artaparsa Satrapy to be sold.

Rome Written by Lead Investigator edited by Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers
The Roman Religion is still being enforced in Rome. All Mazdaeans have been imprisioned, converted, or driven underground. There are no believable details of the underground Mazdaean community. The closed borders have kept all Rome's news from reaching our ears.
As there is very little information coming out of Rome there is little report. What I have heard disturbs me and believe we should be building Iron weapons and going after Rome as soon as possible.

Murder Investigations of Bahadur and Ardeshir Artaparsi Written by Cirrus Tambien Chgrogers and Editted by Lead Investigator after his death
Bahadur was recently found dead, with a stab wound near the border of Sayehabad and Istanbul. They suspect the slave traders killed him once they realized who he was.
Ardeshir appears to have died from a disease. He had been sick and coughing, with a lot of chest pain, his wife, Syanda Sayeh, says. Sumerian doctors see this as a possibility, for in Ardeshir's old age, it was easy to contract one of those diseases.
I have asked the following questions to Tambien, DefoesRightBoot, Vahid, and Chgrogers:

How do you think the king obtained the information he presented when he ordered your arrest?
Were you involved in suspicious acts?
What is the Crimson Order, and the Rinz Collective?
If you are not guilty, why do you think the king is having you arrested?
Are you conformed with the king?
Are you conformed with Persia's current situation?
How do you think these accusations will affect you?
So far my investigation into the death of these individual has only born fruit in the manner of death. It is well know that Bahadur Artaparsi was kidnapped and an extensive article was written in the First Edition of the Persepolis Periodical. It appeared the slaver would kidnap travelers and sell them on the slavery black market. His kidnapping was instrumental in the formation of the Slavery Act. Now it seems the slaver killed him after they found out who he was and the influence of his family. It may have been a message to the family to stay out of any business with slavery. Then again they don’t know the Artaparsi family. Tell them not to do something and tomorrow the entire clan has done it and knows 3 more ways of doing it they haven’t told you about.
The death of Ardeshir Artaparsi seems the result of a coughing sickness brought on by old age his wife Syanda stated. Sumerian doctors also agree to this possibility.

Note: I just completed an Interview with my investigator before the small council convenes. I must remember to write up the interviews and the Spy report tomorrow.

This is the last of the draft Cirrus Chgrogers wrote and such I will not change any of the details he previously mentioned. The spy report he mentioned are vague all we found was this note
“Sir, I have done research and there is no sign an assassin was involved in the deaths of the Artaparsi Family. Bandits and natural causes seem to be the true causes of death.”
I interview Cirrus Chgrogers, Daruis Tambien and DefoesRighBoot. The following interviews are the expressed opinions of the individuals.

DefoesRightBoot
“How do you think the king obtained the information he presented when he ordered your arrest? I have no idea, and I don't think it's important, quite honestly.
Were you involved in suspicious acts? No. As I mentioned in my statement, I received an anonymous letter asking me if I would be interested in joining an anti-government agency, and at the time I felt I should take the offer up with the intention of investigating this agency and reporting it to the necessary authorities. In the event, the agency never progressed any further than discussions about potential allies amongst the population of Persia, although as far as I'm aware, no further invitations were even sent after I joined. I was never formally advised of the group's dissolution, but there has been no contact between the members for many, many years.
What is the Crimson Order, and the Rinz Collective? The Crimson Order was the name of the group, and the Rinz Collective was the name used for it in anything that might reach the public.
If you are not guilty, why do you think the king is having you arrested? I quite appreciate that the circumstances appear suspicious, and given my father's history I agree that the King should take a 'better safe than sorry' viewpoint. However, my father (Ahura Mazda rest his soul) was foolish and made some bad decisions which cost him his life, but I have learnt from his mistakes and do not wish to repeat them.
Are you conformed with the king? Since the failed coup in which my father lost his life, I have been impressed with both Kings, and I have no reason not to support the current incumbent fully.
Are you conformed with Persia's current situation? I am a Persian and proud of my country. Of course I may not agree with every little thing done in Persia but who does? Overall I am delighted to contribute to the Persian nation and towards the future glory of our people.
How do you think these accusations will affect you? As long as I am given a fair hearing they shouldn't affect me at all, and I have full trust that the King will once again show his supreme grace and infinte wisdom in this matter.”

Daruis Tambien

“Happy to oblige.

How do you think the king obtained the information he presented when he ordered your arrest?
~I have absolutely no idea. I assume the warning I sent Jehoshua, which is publically available, prompted him to ask the king to investigate this matter.

Were you involved in suspicious acts?
~This depends on what you mean by suspicious acts. If you mean, did I participate in any crimes, then the answer is no. If you mean did I contemplate them, yes I did. Who doesn't in their youth. However, I have matured, and I have put that behind me.

What is the Crimson Order, and the Rinz Collective?
~They were one and the same. The Crimson Order was the code name that was used, the Rinz Collective was used as the name of the meetingplace. It was, from what I understand from the documents recenlty found in my house's manor, a paramilitary force that was trying to get rid of the Ataparsi's rule of Persia. You must understand, however, that I might be in error. All I know is what has been written down on the documents I recently found in the extensive attic of my home.

If you are not guilty, why do you think the king is having you arrested?
~He is the King, and as such, he must put Persia first. Any evidence leveled against me must be considered carefully. I assume that he, in his expert opinion, decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

Are you conformed with the king?
~ I don't understand the question. Please tell me what you mean so that I can provide an answer.

Are you conformed with Persia's current situation?
~ I don't understand the question. Please tell me what you mean so that I can provide an answer.

How do you think these accusations will affect you?
~I suspect that when the accusations turn out to be false everything shall go back to the way it was for me. I will continue my writing career, and continue my cooperation with the government.”

Cirrus Chgrogers

“I do not know how the King received the evidence and discussions between Daruis Tambien and other implicated conspirators.

I was not involved with the Crimson Order or the Rinz Collective. I myself told Darius that the group was folly and he should disband it immediately.

I was not involved in the Crimson Order and only received 1 communicate when they attempted to recruit me. I did not hear of the Rinz Collective until after the accusations of murder were announced.

I am still free of any accusations of any crime.

Yes am complying the rules and laws set down by the king providing important information about his rule.

There are some things that I do not agree with. Such as the actions of the Sayehabian Guard in the capture of the workers. Or the lack of governance in Noctusan but in general, I am satisfied with Persia's situation and hope we can get past this.

As Darius is my brother clearing his name is important to me but as the owner of the Persepolis Periodical I must also always strive for the truth. That is why I cleared this investigation pulling many of you from important assignment to find the truth. These accusations affect me deeply. My family has been constantly fighting for change and it has led to many untimely deaths. I formed this paper to be a voice for change that doesn't go against the government but informs them and the people. Having my brother accused of these crimes casts doubt on myself and the paper. As such no matter what I must always search for the truth and report it.”

The evidence is still coming in. We do not know who is in charge of the bandits but there are indications that they are lead by 1 individual or group but no substantiating evidence to back up these claims. As such we will continue to cover the story until we uncover supporting evidence.

Taxes Opinion article written by Cirrus Chgrogers

During a review of my various business account I noticed a serious discrepancy with the taxes collected for my businesses. In a quote from the Tax Decree “Company tax is set at a flat 8% of profits. It is only paid by companies.” Tax Collectors have been ignoring this and have been taxing 8% on business income not profits. Many times this results in the company earning a loss due to overtaxation. It is unknown if this an intentional oversite by the government or the tax collectors having been using an oversite to siphon company funds into their own pockets. This abuse of the tax laws must stop and from now on I will only be paying taxes on the business Profits for my companies and urge other businesses to do the same.

ooc: "Artaparsa Advisory Council", not "small council" :p, again I must commend your periodical though, it is informative and despite its obvious liberalish leanings it keeps to the facts and avoids a political bias. That is to be commended.

It also appears you agree with me on changing the minister of law ;)

Seeing as the conflict is occurring on the border of Sayehabad I am willing to take command of the Persian forces attacking Helsinki.
I would recommend that the workers our forces liberated from Finnish oppression be assigned to mine the iron outside Noctusan, as previously suggested, and that the workers currently assigned to the task be set constructing mines on 6C, 5C and 3C (in that order).

Top Bottom