1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

Ooc: I am in Noctusan, Civleader please check your messages i sent you the movement orders almost 2 sessions ago.

2. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

With Finnish resistance outside of Helsinki crushed I believe the king should put in place a law relating to the administration of conquered territory. I propose the following:

Proposal on the Administration of Conquered Territory
    Territories taken in war by the Persian Empire that are to be incorporated into the Empire will be initially admitted as semi-autonomous entities (ooc: puppets) under a client ruler.
    Responsibility for managing the environs will rest with the Persian government. If the conquered territory is within or adjacent to the theoretical boundaries of an established satrapy the responsibility lies with the satrap (in cases where the territory borders multiple satrapies but does not explicitly fall within one satrapy's boundaries the King of Kings will assign responsibility).
    In the event that the conquered territory is not within or adjacent to a satrapy the King of Kings will appoint a governor-general. In the event of multiple contiguous extra-satrapial territories being conquered one governor-general may be appointed to administer all of them.
    The King of Kings may, with the agreement of the relevant satrap or governor-general, order a semi-autonomous territory integrated into the Empire (ooc: annexed). When this occurs the client ruler shall be dismissed or made governor. If the territory is administered by a satrap then the territory shall formally join that satrapy, if the territory is administered by a governor-general a new satrapy may be created or the city may be assigned to a nearby satrapy.
    In the event that a satrapy is established or expanded in the vicinity of an extra-satrapial conquered territory the King of Kings may decide if responsibility for the territory should be transferred to the satrap.
    The office of governor-general is a non-heritable lordly office assigned at the sole discretion of the King of Kings. A governor-general may order improvements made to tiles in the territory he administers and may make land grants in the same way as a governor. The King of Kings may dismiss a governor-general on grounds of incompetence or corruption.

3. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

ooc: any news??

4. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

Orders for the workes

The recently captured workers will be put to work on the iron out side of Noctusan and the other workers as the house of noctus suggested are to build mines on 6C, 5C and 3C in that order.

Build orders

Since we have recently liberated a work force to the Persian cause, there is no need to construct another unit of them. So the new construction orders for are

circus (current, 1 turn) > temple > Angkor Wat.

absence of the king decree

I have some important private matters to attend to and I will be absent for around three days so if some important state matters arise, I give the senior ministry the power to vote on matters that the king could only do, most all matters will only need a 50% consensus of the council to be passed expect in matters regarding firing or hiring of new minster which is only successful with a 100% consensus among the minsters. Also if I could have a deep pit to kick people into when I scream his is Persia that would be nice, and I also ban the wearing of the colour black for this week as it is truly an evil colour only worn by people how live with sheep.

5. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

OOC Haha I wondered what on earth you were talking about there SmugKitteh then I noticed your location!! I think the other sheep-dwellers (Wales) are probably even more frustrated than you boys!

6. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

In an attempt to discover the identity of the person or persons who ordered the attempt on my life and had my cousins killed I ordered an extensive investigation. I have just received the reports and I hereby make them publicly available.

Other than Christos my investigators were unable to find any evidence against the accused. I would recommend their release although they should be restricted from leaving their city of residence, kept under observation and all communications should be scrutinised until Christos reveals the identity of his erstwhile patron.

7. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Interesting.

It appears fairly clear from these investigations that the radically liberal Christos was directly involved in hiring assasins against notable servants of Persia. However the possibility of a hitherto unidentified patron is most disturbing and most unexpected. It would suggest a more unified plot against the government and the authority and magisterium of His Majesty the King of Kings.

Naturally on this evidence Christos must immediately be imprisoned, and in addition to this I agree with the honourable Filli Noctus, that Tambien and Defoesrightboot should be released from direct incarceration and instead be kept under observation and censure until such time as further information comes to light in regards to this revisionist liberal plot.

8. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

As satrap of Sayehabad I order the arrest and imprisonment of Christos on suspicion of treason and conspiracy to assassinate a minister of Persia.

Under the authority of the absence of the king decree I call for a vote of senior ministers to release Darius Chgrogers-Tambien and Ledley DefoesRightBoot under observation, with their communications monitored and that they be prevented from leaving their city of residence.

I vote 'yes' to this proposal.

9. christos200

I have nothing to do with this.

1) The money were given to me by the king in order to do a work about the history of ancient religions.

2) The man i was talking was a personal friend that asked me for a loan.

3) The letters were sent by the king to me in order to ask how i am doing with my works on my history book about the ancient religions.

10. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

His majesty will need to corroborate your version of events and you should tell us the name of this 'personal friend' of yours.

11. christos200

He is a personal friend of my. I dont know if he is assasin or not. The many times i had talked to him he never seemed to be assasin or something like that. He was a very good guy. He was friendly with everyone. But i had some time to see him so i dont know if he became assasin or something like that. I dont beleive that he is assasin. He asked for a loan and he told me not to tell enyone the reason he was the loan but i can tell that it has nothing to do with assasinations. Even if he became assasin, because as i said i had some time (years) to see him, you cant blame me for his assasinations. I knew nothing of this.

12. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

The latest evidence seems to be very revealing. It is important to remember from the original evidence that the conspirators may have been trying to use Christos as a scapegoat so I would advise caution in the release of prisoners until at least the king can confirm or deny Christos's alibi.

13. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I will happily comply with any requirements the government sees fit to bestow upon me.

14. Civleader

Civleader King

Quarter Session Event

The people of Persia remember once more the dirty world of politics.

The investigations in the assassination attempts reveal that the famous author Darius Tambien and Ledley DefoesRightBoot could be innocent. Many are relieved and want the king to liberate these men.

Filli Noctus IV arrived to the poor city of Babyloparsa, where he entered the Temple to perform the rituals of kingship. Many Babylonians eagerly awaited for a sing, and they were not disappointed. Filli Noctus IV received divine mandate from Mithra and Ahura Mazda, indicating he is the rightful king of the Babylons. Many Babylonians want him crowned dead.

Persia has seen the death of two prominent citizens of Persia. Domination and Darius Domination have died of natural causes in Persepolis. Persia needs a new Supreme Comander to lead the troops in the war, and a new governor of Babyloparsa.

These were not the only deaths. King Arsalan II Smugkitteh died of natural causes in Persepolis at age 52. He died early in his reign, and many did not have a clear opinion on him yet. Persia now needs a new king.

With the death of Smugkitteh, Babylonians see a perfect oportunity to appoint Filli Noctus IV as king of Persia. Will the Electoral Chambers agree to this?

Deaths:
    • Domination
    • Darius Domination
    • King Arsalan II Smugkitteh

Session 13 Turn 3 has now began.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC:

As to the election the following can vote in the conclave.

Steel Knight
    Doteiti
    SmugKitteh
    Jehoshua
    Filli Noctus

and observe proceedings but not vote

ShadowNX

and who can observe should they be released from imprisonment before the conclave ends.

Tambien

16. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: I thought Darius Domination had died last turn.

IC:

Public Speech
    The deaths of more of my friends weigh heavily on me. If my investigation could have proceeded faster maybe the arrest of Christos could have been ordered early enough to save the king and House Domination.
    As is my duty I go to vote for a new king to replace my friend Arsalan II, to do so shall be harder than the last time I went to the electoral chambers to choose my fathers replacement. I trust our new king shall stamp out the radical liberal terrorism that has plagued our great land these lat few years.

17. christos200

I have never done anything.

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: :lol: that little sumerian revolution ages back never happened then, last I checked it involved a blatant (if pitiful) attempt to assasinate the King (which was me at the time). Oh and this is OOC Christos so don;t take it in context like you often are inclined to do.

19. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Your guilt or innocence shall be ascertained through a trial presided over by the next king, the Minister of Law or, if necessary, myself as satrap having jurisdiction over the area you were residing in at the time the crimes were committed and the area where a number of the crimes were carried out.

20. christos200

I want a fair trial.