1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I mourn the passing of the great Arsalan II.

2. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

We all pray that our next king will be as able as the late one.

3. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

I hope so. He was a very good king. I am 100% sure that his son will prove that the letters were sent by his father.

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

interesting, you never mentioned that your "personal friend" was the late King before when you were asked.

5. christos200

The king wasnt my personal friend. He was a friend but not the same with the one you think that is assasin.

6. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

I can agree with christos I wanted to keep him busy and out of trouble as lack of postions, roles and activity seems to be the main catalyst in causing trouble.

7. christos200

I agree with the son of the king. His letters were about my book as i said. And the other person i met was a personal friend as i said.

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ELECTORAL ANNOUNCEMENT

-

People of Persia

I announce to you a great joy:
    We have a King of Kings!
    All hail His Majesty the King Filli Noctus IV!

Your Majesty, what regnal name do you take for your office?

9. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

I thank those electors on both sides of the political divide who have elevated me to this most esteemed rank. I vow to continue the good works of my father and all my other predecessors and as such I take the regnal name Mohsen.

My first act shall be to order the immediate release of Ledley DefoeRightBoot and Darius Tambien. They shall be kept under observation and their communications monitored and they are forbidden to leave their city of residence without my permission until they are cleared of all suspicion of involvement in the recent assassinations.

My second act will be to repeal the absence of the king decree. It is intended to fill the same role as the regency law and may cause confusion. However I see there is wisdom in allowing the king to dictate how Persia is to be governed during an expected absence and as such the regency law will be amended to include the following: In the event of an expected absence the King of Kings may make a decree dictating how Persia is to be governed. Such a decree takes precedence over the regency law but only applies to a single period of absence.

I am considering all possibilities to fill the vacancies in the national government. I can, however, announce that Hesam Noctus will serve as satrap-regent of Sayehabad during the minority of my son.

10. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

Long Live the King!

11. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

Hail king

12. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Hail the new King!

13. Civleader

Civleader King

Conclusion Update

The Heralds of Persia announce the news of the empire to the crowds.

"People of Persia, all hail the new king of kings, Filli Noctus IV, who you will now call as King Mohsen! He has ordered the release of Ledley DefoesRightBoot and Darius Tambien. This is what the king said:

Many people are happy and content with this decision.

He then repealed the absence of the king decree, and amended the following to the Regency Law:

Hesam Noctus, son of Vafa Noctus, became Satrap-Regent of Sayehabad. He will occupy that position until the king's son, Filli Noctus V, becomes 18 years of age.

King Arsalan II's orders were:

OOC: These orders will be valid unless the king veto's them by tomorrow. I probably wont have time to start the update tomorrow, so the king will still have a chance to change the orders.

The city of Babyloparsa saw great celebrations in the streets. The people were exited to see the second divine message be delivered at their ancient temple. Babylonians, and Persians, celebrate this divine mandate throughout the empire. This divine sign has increased and reaffirmed the people's faith in Ahura Mazda.

News from the kingdom of Siam. A revolutionary army has been created by Ramkhamhaeng, a recognized noble of Siam. The rebels have taken the northern city of the Siamese empipre, and future confrontations are expected between his forces, and king Jirate's forces. Ramkhamhaeng delivered the following message for the world to hear:

King Jirate II responded with this message:

Arabia has momentarily stopped diplomatic relations with their neighbors for the recent revolts in Siam.

Deaths:
    none!

Session 13 is now over.

Final Note: I am testing google docs. to see if it would work for showing you important charts like player/politician pools, Government positions, etc. Below is the link for the government positions chart. Hopefully it works :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQbVYvEpzpFdFR2VlVlbmxTNm5nbEI2NmRaQXJ5UkE&hl=en_US

14. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: Works for me :goodjob:

15. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The construction order for Persepolis shall be altered to the following
    circus -> Angkor Wat -> Temple
    The worker orders shall not be altered.

I hereby appoint Doteiti as governor of Babyloparsa.
    I hereby appoint Hesam Noctus as Minister of War.
    I hereby appoint Swimciv Rudaki as Minister of Domestic Affairs.
    I hereby advise the Minister of Law that I find his lack of participation in government affairs concerning and that I am considering potential replacements.
    Babyloparsa shall begin constructing a trireme.
    Once the mines in Noctusan are complete the warriors involved in attacking Helsinki are to fall back one unit at a time to Persian territory to be upgraded to swordsmen then return to the front lines, starting with units closest to Persian territory.

As the relationship between the crowns of Babylon and Persia has never been formally codified I am also issuing the following decree:

Decree on the crown of Babylon
    The Babylonian people are a constituent part of the Persian Empire and as such subjects of the King of Kings. The crown of Babylon is a symbol of the Babylonian people and falls under the authority of the King of Kings. Therefore the king of Babylon is a vassal to the King of Kings and owes fealty to his suzerain lord.
    Although the lands and people of Babylon are now fully incorporated into the Persian Empire the King of Babylon shall have the following rights and privileges:
    1. The King of Babylon will be consulted by the government on any matters regarding to the Babylonian people or any change in the status of Babyloparsa within the Empire and in the event such matters require a cabinet vote the King of Babylon will be permitted to cast a vote.
    2. The King of Babylon will be permitted to enter the electoral chambers as an observer for the election of the King of Kings.
    3. The King of Babylon is entitled to make known his wishes for the development of Babyloparsa and may veto a decision of the governor if he believes it is against the best interests of the Babylonian people. This power may not overrule a decision of the King of Kings and the King of Kings may order a veto to be overturned.

In the event that the crown of Babylon vests in the person of the King of Kings he is required to give all due consideration to the needs of the Babylonian people but he must put the good of Persia as a whole first.

16. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

While I hardly consider myself worthy for the post, I am honored to accept this position.

17. christos200

What will happen with my trial?

18. Civleader

Civleader King

The following orders have been made valid by the new king:

The following orders were added/amended:

The following decree was passed:

The following people were appointed:

And here is the updated Government Positions table:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQbVYvEpzpFdFR2VlVlbmxTNm5nbEI2NmRaQXJ5UkE&hl=en_US

Transition time has now began.

19. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: The trial of Christos will be held in the social group.

20. christos200

ooc: When it will start because i got bored to wait for 5 days for a trial.