1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: It will probably start when the session ticks over to avoid delaying the session.

Either way patience is a virtue, you shouldn;t complain because the reason it takes time is due process, FN could quite easily execute you summarily, but because we have due process and proper investigations to give you a fair hearing time is required. Simply complaining over time would indicate that you either don't care about proper protocol or that you are simply trying to hide something and get away without consequence.

2. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

OOC: Think of it this way, the longer the trial is delayed the longer you stay alive and get to spout rhetorical nonsense :D

Oh, and Civ, the charts work perfectly!

3. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The trial of Christos is scheduled to start at the beginning of the next session and will be held under royal jurisdiction.

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I express my absolute, utmost and sincere confidence that Christos' trial will be fair and free from any bias and that justice will be upheld under the lawful magisterium of the King of Kings Mohsen.

5. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

6. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

The Persian court system has never been found to have faults. The slow speed guarentees that trials are fair. Our system of law has granted the Persian state stability in comparison to other places such as Rome where rash actions happen that alienates other countries.

7. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The court is currently accepting submissions of evidence pertaining to the trial of Christos.
    In addition I am implementing the following law:

Administration of Conquered Territory
    Territories taken in war by the Persian Empire that are to be incorporated into the Empire will be initially admitted as semi-autonomous entities (ooc: puppets) under a client ruler.
    Responsibility for managing the environs will rest with the Persian government. If the conquered territory is within or adjacent to the theoretical boundaries of an established satrapy the responsibility lies with the satrap (in cases where the territory borders multiple satrapies but does not explicitly fall within one satrapy's boundaries the King of Kings will assign responsibility).
    In the event that the conquered territory is not within or adjacent to a satrapy the King of Kings will appoint a governor-general. In the event of multiple contiguous extra-satrapial territories being conquered one governor-general may be appointed to administer all of them.
    The King of Kings may, with the agreement of the relevant satrap or governor-general, order a semi-autonomous territory integrated into the Empire (ooc: annexed). When this occurs the client ruler shall be dismissed or made governor. If the territory is administered by a satrap then the territory shall formally join that satrapy, if the territory is administered by a governor-general a new satrapy may be created or the city may be assigned to a nearby satrapy.
    In the event that a satrapy is established or expanded in the vicinity of an extra-satrapial conquered territory the King of Kings may decide if responsibility for the territory should be transferred to the satrap.
    The office of governor-general is a non-heritable lordly office assigned at the sole discretion of the King of Kings. A governor-general may order improvements made to tiles in the territory he administers and may make land grants in the same way as a governor. The King of Kings may dismiss a governor-general on grounds of incompetence or corruption.

8. chgrogers

chgrogers Prince

OOC: Civ what is the expected time frame for the next update? I'm starting to get antsy as a 3 yrs terror. Thanks in advance.

9. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

OOC: Ha Ha I'm one year older than you. :p

10. Civleader

Civleader King

I'm back, sorry for the delay. Just had a busy week, and I'm expecting the next one to be similar. I have gotten a little of the next update done, so I want to say it might be up by Wednesday. If it isn't, then it will have to be moved to Friday. Sorry guys.

11. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

I am realy afraid that this is becoming dead. ( And i am not talking abou the GM, since everyone has real life, but about no player posting here for almost a week.)

12. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I don't think it is. I think there really isn't a pressing issue to talk about a the moment. I'm sure with the next update talk will resume. I personally am still very interested in this game at least.

13. chgrogers

chgrogers Prince

There is only so much you can talk about without further input from Civ. I don't like to talk when I am under the age of 12-14 because well people that young don't have any political power.

14. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: I would have to agree with dot and chgrogers.

The reason I haven;t posted for example is because there simply isn't a hot-button issue that needs to be discussed, the Empire is basically fine at the moment. The only thing publicly that was going on was that you are under trial, but it has already been said that the trial itself will occur once the session ticks over, thus why there hasn't been anything going on recently.

Next session should be more interesting, since we will presumably have Helsinki under our rule, meaning there will be quite a lot to talk about. Theres also discussions going on privately about a number of things which I could tell you about, but I wont due to it being contrary to the national interests to risk discussions on such issues leeching into IC chatter. Although I can say they are on foreign relations and on advancing Persia geopolitically.

15. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Thinking about it, one thing I notice is the lack of actvity of some of the ministers. I think if they researched into their jurisdiction they will probably find something of interest to spark a little conversation.

16. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc:thats probably true and I would STRONGLY ADVISE, ministers to be active in their jurisdictions, not only for the gameplay benefit for everyone else, but also because it makes the game more interesting for you, this game is as fun as you make it, if you don't get involved it wont be interesting, if you do then it is to my mind the most engaging game on these forums.

As to ministerial issues though in my case (as minister of foreign affairs) the current issues are state secrets considering they are of a sensitive nature in regards to our relations with foreign empires. Those things that could be discussed (Rome) already have determined actions, and so discussions on those would be a repeat of already determined matter.

17. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I am mostly talking about the PM, the Minister of Domestic Affairs, the Minister of Minorities (depending on issues, I think the races are all pretty settled now) , and the Minister of the People. I have acted as minister of Education, but that will have to wait until next turn. Some of these positions might not be filled, which would be the fault of the administration were that the case.

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Minister of the People and Prime Minister are annoying to fill since they require votes (peoples minister being by popular AI vote (ergo whichever candidate is most popular gets the spot) and PM being a vote of cabinet and satraps. In addition they require people to announce publicly their candidature which means that if no one raises their hand, the position doesn't get filled.

As to peoples minister, I think people have put their candidature up, but the ai vote hasn't occured possibly due to other issues getting in the way, or perhaps due to the deaths of the candidates. As to PM, im not sure whether thats filled, it might be. It also requires candidates to raise their hand, and im not sure if anyone has got a character who is running in-game who is alive atm if it is not filled.

As to the other positions they are all filled because as simple appointments its not a problem to fill them.

19. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

I have been trying to do some stuff but the High Priest apparently hasn't been on for a couple weeks. I would also that if someone is getting bored with the game they should make the game more fun.

20. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: I believe most positions should be filled, with the exception of the elected positions, mostly because the numerous elections I called as Arsalan I were somehow overlooked.