1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: I'm aware of that, however the church is the exception because the government position comes as a result of the religious position whereas authority over other Public Bodies as a result of a government position. Therefore the Minister of Religion is de facto High Priest and head of the church but the high priest if de jure Minister of Religion. You get the gist of what I'm getting at even if the explanation behind it is overly convoluted.
    Look at it this way, the church will remain a Public Body even if the post of Minister of Religion is abolished or otherwise seperated from that of high priest.

2. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: I know, and most excellent.

3. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I thank the King of Kings for his legal clarifications, and ask when the stalled trial of christos will resume.

4. chgrogers

chgrogers Prince

OOC: here you go Tambien you have some time to develop your defense still.

5. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Looks like civleader has been pretty busy. I'm sure he has a ton of numbers to crunch every session. I feel bad for him, GMing sucks :)

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

take into consideration as well that he is also doing all the AI civs, he really has a lot to do that we should be grateful for.

7. dot80

dot80 Emperor

That too, :cheers: To Civleader :cheers:

8. Tambien

:agree:

A round for Civleader!

:goodjob::clap::worship::band:[party]:beer:[party]:band::worship::clap::goodjob:

9. Tambien

I would like to announce that I am being the lawyer to christos for the sum of 10 g.

Please note, this does not mean that I in anyway support his words or actions.

~Darius Chgrogers Tambien

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc the fact you have to disavow support for his words/actions is a very bad sign for the trial, really if you are his lawyer you should of kept that ooc

11. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

OOC : Agreed... it's not good for Christos if his lawyer is publically disapproving of his actions and statements.

Totally OOC - Jehoshua, have you been watching Bill & Ted's? Suddenly everything is 'most excellent!'

12. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: what is Bill & Ted's?, and hardly everything since I merely used the two words in succession in two instances in recent times. (when FN acceded in effect to what I wanted clarified)

13. chgrogers

chgrogers Prince

OOC: Keanu Reeves very early movie. Had George Carlin in it. It was most excellent!

14. Tambien

OOC: What I mean by that is that I don't take responsibility for any rants he might go on.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: still shouldn't of said such a thing, it puts in question your case and seriously puts a dent in the credibility of Christos and his defence. Water under the bridge now.

16. dot80

dot80 Emperor

ooc: Maybe we should conduct the trial before the new session. Might as well.

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: we could, but we could always let Christos languish in the the harsh, overcrowded prisons of Noctusan for a while longer :lol:

18. Civleader

Civleader King

Reporting back in shame, for RL has still delayed the turn of the session. At least I'm halfway done :undecide: Sorry for the long wait.

@Mayor: Welcome to Governments and Politics! Sorry your first experience had to be a long wait. (At least you'll have time to catch up on current issues and the rules ;) )

Now... back to work!

19. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

no worries :)

Here is my sign-up
    (only a name so far, more will follow)
    Name:Arash Salar
    Arash Salar grew up as an ordinary child. His parents weren’t poor but weren’t particular rich either. He had enjoyed a decent education and had a good amount of friends. He never was particular talented in anything but he never had any real trouble with things either.
    When he wasn’t in school there were two things you could see him do. The first was roaming the streets of Persepolis with his friends. They did all the things children of their age do. The boys were in regular trouble with the shop owners after some devilment of them or in fights with other groups of boys.
    The other things he did in his spare time was training. Every day he could be found on an open stretch of land near his paternal home. Here he practiced his weaponry skills. Mostly you could see him shooting arrows at self made targets or swinging a sword. Thanks do his disciplined training attitude he was able to develop some serious skills with these weapons. On occasion he also practiced with other types of weapons as knifes and lances but he never found these weapons didn’t please him as much so he never became as skilled with these weapons as with the bow and the sword, which he loved.
    When he was 15 years of age his father had noticed his love for weapons and had sent him to a private tutor who was charged to further develop the skills of the boy. His mother, who was against this, was shushed with the words: “It’s saver for him to learn in a controlled environment than on his own.”
    Now Arash Salar has turned 18 and he is independent to do what he wants.

20. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: I'm leaving it until next session so any evidence gathering actions/movements people have initiated can be completed.