1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

Welcome to politics, Noble House Salar!

2. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Arash Salar thanks the House of Tambien for his welcome.

ooc: edited my sign up with some history of Arash

3. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Welcome.

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ADVERTISEMENT FROM THE SATRAP OF ARTAPARSA

-

The Office of His Highness Satrap Jehangir Artaparsi, the right honourable minister of Foreign Affairs, by the grace of His Majesty the King would like to announce the completion of a new book on the international relations of Persia by the honourable Satrap Jehangir.

The title of this book is.

-

The Great Game: Persia and International Politics

-

and it is available for the reasonable price of 3g for a unique insight into the way Persia operates in the international system. Furthermore the Satrap would like to remind the public that his previous book, The Triumvirate of Persia: An Analysis of History and Politics is still available for purchase for a price of 2g for the interested observor of domestic persian politics. If you wish to purchase either book, just send a message to the Satraps office with payment (ooc: pm me and civleader at the same time with your request and your monetary contribution and your book will be sent at the soonest possible time. (ooc: when I get online if you sent your requenst during my absence, or immediately if I am online and get the request)

~ spokesperson of the Satrap of Artaparsa

---

ooc: I would use Tambiens publishing service, but he would have to buy my book first (by reducing the price of publication to 2g from the original 5g) before I would consider doing such a thing ;)

5. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

I'll buy this book, but my character is four so I don't think I can read yet.

Also I would like to request that someone publishes a nice ideology book for the church of Mazda, so lay men like myself may study the practices, history and beliefs of that wonderful establishment.

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: I will write a book on the teachings of the Church of Mazda eventually. I am waiting until I finish exams on the 17th before I work on theological works though (already have one I should get to working on).

Send a dual message to myself and civleader transferring the monies and I will send it to you (one does require a guarantee of monetary renumeration ;) ), otherwise if you don't I will send you the book once I recieve word from Civleader that money has been transferred (presumably on the basis of your message)

7. dot80

dot80 Emperor

I'll buy a copy.

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Send the dual pm then... (transactions require a certain degree of security, ergo I know you have initiated the financial transaction, and in return I send the copy, otherwise I must wait until I get confirmation from Civleader of the transaction before I send the book)

9. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: This is an appeal for all players to go to this thread and create/update your genealogy.

10. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

ooc:
    shall I notify an admin?

EDIT: that reminds me. Jehoshua, I saw you maintained a SG about this game (not the council one) could I get an invite for that?

11. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: No, that thread is in the group maintained by Jehoshua so you'll need an invite.

12. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

ah, oke, well just ask Jehushua about that :p

13. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: I have sent the invite. and for the record both my books are now being published by Tambien Publishing. :goodjob:

14. Tambien

Both The Great Game: Persia and International Politics and The Triumvirate of Persia: An Analysis of History and Politics by Satrap Jehangir Artaparsi have been registered at Tambien Publishing. Please follow all of the rules stated here.

15. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Following a query by a concerned citizen I am issuing the following legal clarification:
    Arrested Government Officials Decree
    Any holder of a government position arrested on suspicion of criminal activity is suspended until charges are dropped or a verdict is rendered. Any salary earned during their incarceration will be held by the treasury for the duration and released to them on their release or if they are found not guilty. If they are found guilty all salary held by the treasury is forfeit and they will be immediately dismissed and banned from public office in addition to any sentence handed down.

16. Tambien

NEW! Book by Darius Chgrogers Tambien

-

Cities of the Empire: Persepolis

Cities of the Empire: Persepolis by Darius Chgrogers Tambien has been released! It talks about the Geography and Signifigance of the city of Persepolis. It is the first in a series of these books. To get this great work of modern literature, all you have to do is buy a copy for 2 gold! To buy a book fill out the order form below and send it to Tambien and Civleader.

Name: (character's name)
    Book Title: (Cities of the Empire: Persepolis)
    Quantity: (The number of copies you are ordering)

If you do order a book, I reccomend that you paste the book into Word or any document making software and create a GaP Library Folder, in which you place the book.

Thanks!

PS- Please see my thread in the SG for some notes on my books.

I also would like to announce that with the publication of this book the Triumvirate: Power and Politics in Persia shall go out of print.

17. Civleader

Civleader King

News Report
    T109- T116

T109 (150 BC)
    Masonry is finished researched. Research begins on Construction.
    The HIMV Plyplay Trireme received damage from a Helsinki bombardment. We fire back.
    An archer division has been created in Artaparsa. They garrison in the city.
    Artaparsa begins to build a circus.
    The Persian Archer Division bombards Helsinki.
    All our melee units have left Helsinki and wait outside the borders for the order to attack.
    Persepolis finishes a circus and begins a temple.

T110 (125 BC)
    HIMV Plyplay has been sunk by Helsinki!
    The Persepolis City Guard has been promoted after surviving a bombardment from Finnish archers. They receive special training in Accuracy (I)
    The Persepolis City Guard decides to leave Helsinki and not risk death.
    Spoiler :

The First Persian Militia and the Sayehabadian Guard bombard Helsinki.
    Babyloparsa demands Silver.
    Babyloparsa destroyed a barbarian trireme.
    Spoiler :

T111 (100 BC)
    The treaty of Gold for Cotton between us and Rome has ended.
    The Sayehabadian Guard is promoted! They receive special training in Accuracy (I). They bombard Helsinki.
    The First Persian Militia is also promoted, and receives reinforcements and supplys to keep bombarding Helsinki. They bombard Helsinki.
    After we stopped receiving Roman Cotton, many people have become unhappy. Pur settlers in the north remain in place and do nothing as ordered.

T112 (75 BC)
    The First Persian Militia was critically bombarded, and they retreated to safety. The Sayehabadian Guard bombarded Helsinki.

T113 (50 BC)
    Construction has been researched. Research begins on Optics.
    Spoiler :

Our Royal Household Division of Horsemen have reached the Barbarian encampment. They camp on the hills next to it.
    Spoiler :

The Sayehabadian Guard had to retreat after another Helsinki bombardment.
    Spoiler :

The captured Finnish workers reach the iron on 7D and begin to build a mine.

T114 (25 AD)
    The Royal Household Division attacked the barbarians who call themselves the Nords. After a very successful attack, they retreat off the hill for safety.
    Spoiler :

T115 (0 AD)
    Persepolis loves King Filli Noctus IV after receiving gems imported from Artaparsa.
    A Temple to Mazda has been completed in Persepolis. Persepolis begins to train a unit of workers.
    The great Wall has been built in a far away land.
    Spoiler :

T116 (25 AD)
    Optics has been researched.
    Spoiler :

The oracle has been built in Rome.
    News from Rome have shocked our people. Rome has become a republic! Lord Hector has personally reformed the government himself.
    Spoiler :

Deaths:
    Ledley DefoesRightBoot
    Jenna Artaparsi Sayeh
    Paktan Nevazar
    Abdan Farud
    Doteiti

18. Civleader

Civleader King

Session 14
    T116 (25 AD)

Persepolis:

In-game Issues:
    What shall be researched?

Decisions:
    Who shall be the new Prime Minister?
    Who shall be the new Minister of Education?
    Who shall be the new Minister of the People?
    Who shall be the new Ambassador to the Ottoman empire?

Issues:
    Domestic: Revival of religion in city.
    Foreign: Dissappointment and discontent in the war with Helsinki.
    Economic: Empire loosing money, economic recession.

Artaparsa:

Decisions:
    What will the new archer division in Artaparsa be called? Will it be a City Militia or a Persian Amry division?

Issues:
    Domestic: Bandits roam the rural areas of Artaparsa.
    Religion gains strength in city.

Sayehabad:

Issues:
    Domestic: Unhappy population.
    Stagnation in City.
    Increase in organized crime
    Bandits roam the rural areas of the city.

Noctusan:

Issues:
    Stagnation in city.
    Poverty increased in city.
    Injustice and outlaw in city.

Babyloparsa:

Issues:
    Poverty increased in the city.

Link for the Empire/City Info
    Link for the Governments and Politics Quick Reference Charts

Spoiler Cities :

Spoiler Strategic Views :

19. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ORDERS: Artaparsa

-

"The Archers shall be part of the Satrapial Militia: They shall be named the Artaparsa Archer Regiment and they shall garrison the city.

:The Artaparsa Guard shall continue cleansing the rural areas of banditry.

:add a market to the queue after the circus

:workers: mine on 2b > farms on 11, 6 and 5b in that order, followed by a trading post on 12b

-

COMMENTS

People of Artaparsa, I have looked at the situation of the whole empire, and alas what I see, and what you see also is financial decline the likes of which our city once faced, but on a larger scale. Therefore I have decided to delay with a very heavy heart my personal desire to construct a temple in Artaparsa, a desire shared by many people in this great city, in favour of ordering a market to be constructed in the city once the circus is complete for the greater good of the empire. This will invigorate trade in the city, already strong from our dye plantations and our diamond mines and help bring the empire back into the black thus allowing for further development in the city in collaboration with similar infrastructure in other parts of the empire.

I would also like to strongly advise other cities to consider similar financial infrastructure, particularly the capital. After the completion of the worker perhaps a market there would be advantageous, followed by the great temple project that has been considered (Angkor Wat) for the glory of Mazda.

20. Tambien

I have recently heard talk that we might be able to cross the Great Ocean with this Optics technology. I suggest that we send out an expedition to take advantage of this! I volunteer to lead it.
    ~Darius Chgrogers Tambien

OOC: And I am just reposting this for everyone to see

NEW! Book by Darius Chgrogers Tambien

-

Cities of the Empire: Persepolis

Cities of the Empire: Persepolis by Darius Chgrogers Tambien has been released! It talks about the Geography and Signifigance of the city of Persepolis. It is the first in a series of these books. To get this great work of modern literature, all you have to do is buy a copy for 2 gold! To buy a book fill out the order form below and send it to Tambien and Civleader.

Name: (character's name)
    Book Title: (Cities of the Empire: Persepolis)
    Quantity: (The number of copies you are ordering)

If you do order a book, I reccomend that you paste the book into Word or any document making software and create a GaP Library Folder, in which you place the book.

Thanks!

PS- Please see my thread in the SG for some notes on my books.

I also would like to announce that with the publication of this book the Triumvirate: Power and Politics in Persia shall go out of print.