1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: Trial of Christos

A verdict has been reached, but unfortunately proper procedure was forgetten due to the length from this trial to the last. Therefore to ensure retroactively that the trial is valid and legitimate you now have time to go to the social group, look at the trial and if you disagree with the decision made after seeing the proceedings challenge the verdict. If no one challenges the verdict will stand and the accused will face life incarceration for the crimes of assasination and attempted assasination.

2. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

OOC: I know, but I count all PCs as nobles (wether lower or upper).

3. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: the fact remains that he's a commoner like we all were at the beginning (except plyplay) until he gets a job in politics. And really you call everyone nobles, but do you really think that Christos is a noble, he couldn;t pay for your legal fees... how noble is that. :p

4. Tambien

OOC: I guess you're right. But if I am not a noble, with the amount of $$$ in my coffers, something is seriously wrong.

5. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: your a minister, ergo you are a noble and all your descendants are nobles. Either way though, your income is probably inferior to mine :lol: (although I try to burn my gold in actions to avoid the spoiled brat problem)

6. Tambien

OOC: Most likely. Being a member of the ruling triumvirate must have its advantages. ;)

And I would like to remind people that, currently, there are 2 works by the House Tambien out.

7. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: :lol: what, you mean like having a hereditary base of political power and a guaranteed ministry portfolio? No it has zero benefits :p

8. Tambien

OOC: That, and the fact that you are pretty much guaranteed land. Yep. No benefits at all. :D

9. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc:yeah, we pretty much divided the land 30/30/30 with the rest given out to people we like or the Church or it was already owned by people :lol:, although Im not sure about land in Babyloparsa (other than the fact royal nepotism occured) you might like to check there if your hungry for land.

10. Tambien

OOC: I knew that there was some type of conspiracy! ;)

11. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: its not exactly like that mind you, im just roughly expressing the fact we made many a land deal to keep the balance of land power within the triumvirate, and that because we have oodles of money we could afford to buy up land where other people could not due to the crushing poverty of a minor noble :lol:. Non-triumviral people and organisations do own more than 10% of the land though maybe 20 or perhaps 30%.

12. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Mercenary Guild
    We protect your interests

I hereby announce the founding of the Mercenary Guild in Persepolis.
    This guild will hire out Guards for all your needs. Whether you need Compound guards, Caravan guards or bodyguards, visible or invisible, we provide you with the necessary protection.

Arash Salar
    High Commander Mercenary Guild

13. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: interesting idea. toe a single step out of line and fall out of political neutrality and you should be aware of the consequences (case in point the fate of the coup people) ;)

14. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Vacancies at the Mercenary Guild

The Mercenary Guild is now hiring. Are you skilled with a particular weapon? Are you not afraid to fight? Are you looking for a live of adventure, excitement and variety? The you are right for the job.

Come and join the Mercenary Guild​

15. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

ooc: The Mercenary Guild is completely neutral and doesn't deal in politics. We provide security for all factions and people.

as long as they pay of course :lol:

16. Tambien

OOC: Does the Mercenary Guild require books to read in their off time?

*insert shameless advertisement for my 2 current books here*

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: good good, because the urge to wipe the slate is so very much rising and it would be a shame if you were to invoke it. (that and I am in the mood for bullying people ooc with vague threats atm :p)

18. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

EDIT: ooc:mad:Tambien: A good guard is a relaxed guard. The Mercenary Guild is interested in placing a order with your publishing house in the future ;)
    @Jehushua: hehe :p

19. Tambien

OOC: Good! We look forward to your orders.

20. CELTICEMPIRE

CELTICEMPIRE Zulu Conqueror

My character's name is Saeed Reza, he grew up on a farm in a border town.

-more later.