Governments and Politics

ooc: I find it amusing how you are tacitly begging for cash Tam, despite you 1k book haul. :p

House of Reza
Leader: Saeed Reza
City of Residence: Ataparsa
Backstory: Saeed Reza was born in Ataparsa to a family of farmers. He quickly proved himself adept at his work, and was rewarded by his family. He was not content with his work, however, and resolved to find a new way among the elite of Persia. Now this young rising star is prepared to become an important figure in Persia, and he is willing to work hard to do so. He retains his excellence as a farmer, and hopes to own his own farm one day, as well as become an important political figure.

special thanks to Tambien.

TAMBIEN PUBLISHING ANNOUNCEMENT

~~~~~

Tambien Publishing is proud to announce that Doteiti has published his fist work with us. He calls it the Epic of Babylon. It is an epic poem about the rise and fall of Babylon.

All the proceeds will go to the Babylonian Heritage Foundation.

Its cost is 2g.

So buy a copy today!

To assist the satrapy of Sayehabad with the new financial burdens imposed by the Government Finances Act I am granting charity status to the Sub-Sayehabad Mining Corporation in recognition of its' ownership by Sayehabad.

ooc: What would you prefer your personal stats document to be:
-Anyone with the link (making it unnecessary to sign in and have my permission to view it, but you would have to keep your link safe; I would send you the link via PM)
-Private (you will have to be signed in and have my permission to view your stats. Safer, but maybe a little less practical for quick looks at it)

Arash Salar, I remind you that King Arsalan II passed away.

ooc: really??.... oh man... I'll correct it tomorrow when I have had some sleep... (like I said... I still don't have all the names worked out :p...)

It has come to my attention that christos has absconded from custody. A search has been initiated. Anyone found to be assisting him will be considered a co-conspirator and receive the same punishment. Of course if the person who aided the escape comes forward I may be persuaded to be lenient.

occ: He is good at making trouble :lol: Also congrats to Tambien for making it so high on the power list without kingship, governorship, or high priestship :goodjob:

I'd say something ic but I'm only 11 :/

OOC: I agree. The Sumerian Revolution, Assassinations, and now Jailbreaker. Quite an impressive list. My hat is off to you, sir. :)

IC: This is terrible! Arrest him! Lock him up! And then convict him of breaking out of jail and execute him! We have laws for a reason! *random saber rattling* So lets get him!
~Darius Chgrogers Tambien

Dear corrupt king and pupet of Jehoshua, i have never done any assasinations but Jehoshua tryed to trap. So i escaped. In order to end all of this and create a gonverment that represents the people, i have decided to declare war on monarhy and create a republic with freedom of religion, speech and fair elections.

Message found in the jail.

ooc: This time i will hide, make propaganda, terrorists attacks and then armed revolution.

ooc: I wonder if we should put a thousand gold coin reward for Christos, dead or alive out to the public?

IC: Im afraid Christos has clearly become irrevocably insane, my uncle Jehoshua, has been dead for many a decade! Christos clearly has been seeing hallucinations in his despondency in his minds mad bid to justify his evil actions of murder, and treasonous rapport with Rome! Either way his insanity appears to have extended to seeking a republic, a system of rule established by Rome and peculiar to it... this agains shows his insanity considering the evils of Rome agains us. (Remember full well the fate of the mazdaean martyrs). Interestingly this call for a 'republic' perhaps validates Tambiens evidence in the trial, where he mentioned he saw Christos consorting with romans to cause harm to Persia and sow discord amongst the people, I would thus think that Christos is nothing more than a crazed mouthpiece of Rome, or if perhaps Rome is not involved merely a crazy romanophile who has betrayed the Persian nation.

I would thus call on all right thinking Persians to reject this madman, and to reject the poison of Rome which flows forth like venom from his lips, and the deceptive calls to liberty and free religion, which of course is nothing else than license to mob rule and a call to apostasy against the One True Faith (seeking to open the way for an infernal cult of Angra Mainyu no doubt.)

People of Persia our great empire is in peril. We have had setbacks on the battlefield and our economy is not sustaining itself. As Minister of Domestic Affairs, I call upon all people in Persia to serve their country in this time of need. I challenge all Persians to ask not what Persia can do for you, but what you can do for Persia. Let more of us attempt to contribute to businesses which are necessary for our country's financial health. Remember those who are poor and weak, you are not forgotten. With the aid of Mazda you will see a considerable portion of the growth in the economy to come.

Yet, there are problems at hand. What might be the source of these problems? I would argue that the ridiculous idea of Republicanism is at fault. The fountain of all goodness: The Mazdaen Church was once attacked by those that now proclaim themselves a republic. Treason of the highset degree was committed by a man who considers himself a prophet of Liberalism and a self-described terrorist. Let us put off these radical streaks and gain solace in the warmth of faith in our church and king. Those who attack the church will be punished, those who terrorize our society will be brought to justice, and those who contribute in whatever way they know how to making Persia a better place will be rewarded. In the name of Mazda and King let us do what is right and destroy that which is evil. This is my humble request to you people of Persia.

Mid Session Event

Unexpected turn of events in Persia.

The University of Persia will be opening in Persepolis; 2A. The first school of its type, it will teach students to become advanced in literature, mathematics, history and politics. Send your children here to increase the odds of them becoming good politicians, and excellent citizens. Tuition as low as 100g!

Christos has escaped prison! Charged with assassination of government officials, he has now fled, and is roaming Persia unchecked! Two others escaped with this man, and they took the life of a guard. It is advised to stay away from his twisted tongue, and report his activity to the corresponding officials.

The jailbreak has caused secondary effects. Saro II Artaparsi Sayeh has been seen as a weak law enforcer for permitting this to happen in his city. The popularity of the king has decreased. There is discontent after all the crime and injustice in Noctusan. People in Persia are panicking. Protests in Persepolis erupted, demanding the capture and execution of the fugitives, and for tighter control in the empire, specially in Noctusan. Many have come to the plaza in front of the palace of Persepolis to pressure a change in Noctusan. Most of the people protesting are Persians and Sumerians.

The people are happy that a rural Security Force has been set up to stop the bandits from ravaging the lands.

There has been petitions in several cities for an increase in food production to open up farming jobs and increase food supply in the city, specially in Sayehabad.

News from Rome! Lord Hector has finally passed away at age 72 after health complications. The new Republic has chosen a new lord from among the five Supreme Generals, or Generalissimos, and Lord Octavius Augustus has been chosen. It is heard he will begin communications with Persia in the near future.

News from Siam! After years of chaos, war, and conflict, the Siamese Civil War has come to a momentary conclusion. Ramkhamhaeng has defeated the weakened King Jirate II. The insurgents have stormed the Siamese capital defeated the loyalists, and set up a new ruler. Jirate II has passed away, no details on the way he was killed, or found dead. Lets see if Siam can keep stability now that there is a decisive victory.

Session 14 Turn 1 is now over.

Session 14 Turn 2 has begun.

Top Bottom