1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

Jehoshua do put a bounty on christos head, I do love money.

2. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

Public Speech

I am ashamed that the Accused escaped from our City. Our Security forces are stretched thin as it is. Unemployment is at a all time high and crime is rampant, with our Desert Corps sent to the front line in the war, criminal elements has taken the opportunity to cause even more havoc.

I ask the people of the Empire to calm themselves and hold true to our core values and not to descent into barbarous behavior unbecoming of a Persian.

Yes Noctusan has problems, but removing me from this position will not solve the current issues at hand. I will be asking the King to order the Noctusan Desert Corps to return to the City and follow my previous orders of hunting down the bandits that roam the countryside and support the Security forces in their fight against the criminal element in the City.

Again i ask the people for calm and to stand strong in this dire time.

Sarro II
    Governor of Noctusan

3. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: Thing is I have more than one way to kill people (not that I have killed anyone before I assure you ;) ). (And besides I would rather not spend 1000g just for the head of an insignificant rabble rouser :p)

-

IC: Letter to the Faithful (Public Speech)

-

Children of Mazda, I the Atharvan of the Church would like to announce the culmination of a complex initiative the High Priest, the Hierarch of Persepolis and myself have developed over many years.

Hierarch Rudaki noticed, quite rightly, that the Church serves in the community both spiritually and also charitably, and that although its spiritual work of saving souls and imparting the wisdom of Mazda is well organised and consistent, the charitable efforts institutionally have been intermittent and have been reactive to events occuring. Of course individual priests and laypersons have followed Mazda to their utmost in the corporal works of mercy, and with charity to their fellow human beings, but institutionally our structures have been somewhat deficient, a travesty.

Therefore Hierarch Rudaki came to me and suggested the creation of charitable order. the Order of the Merciful Lord to provide a constant charitable force within the arms of the Church to provide constant service to the people, and to be prepared for a disaster, wherever it may occur to ensure the needs of people are met through mazdaean charity.

We then conferred with the High Priest who in his great wisdom determined that a certain portion of the faithfuls donations to the Church would be transferred to this charitable order to fund its operations, and ensure that resources are always available for charitable efforts no matter where problems arise. In addition to this he appointed the foresighted Hierarch Rudaki as Superior General of the Order, which was formally named as The Order of the Merciful Lord.

Proceeding from this a charter was collaboratively developed for the order which is as following.

-

-

If anyone amongst the faithful has any further inquiries into the order, or wishes to join the order as a volunteer I would ask that they send their letters to Hierarch Rudaki and to the offices of the order. I am sure they would be most pleased should you wish to join in the name of Mazda for the good of all mankind. Furthermore I express my thanks and admiration for my fellow ecclesiastics most particularly the Hierarch of Persepolis and His Holiness the High Priest Saro II Artaparsi-Sayeh, for without them and the inspiration they recieved from Mazda this great achievement would not be. Indeed despite the failings that must befall mortal men and the troubles and deficiencies that face all of us when confronted with difficulties, and to which they are not immune, they serve with the benefit to the faithful at the forefront of their minds. As this collaborative effort between us shows, my brother ecclesiastics do much, quietly and humbly but with much wisdom and discernment for the greater good with no anticipation of praise or reward. I thus feel it is my duty, in consideration of my own heritage and the focus that has been laid upon it to thank them, for this is their achievement, not mine.

sincerely

Atharvan Jehangir

4. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Public Speech
    Due to the recent events in Noctusan I am temporarily taking direct control of the city from Governor Artaparsi-Sayeh. He can not be held entirely responsible as it is a difficult time to have ones attention divided by multiple responsibilities. I have ordered a re-allocation of citizens so the city can support a larger security force. The King has agreed to the suggestion of the governor and the Noctusan Desert Corps will return to the city whilst they wait for re-supply and assist in bandit hunting.
    I am also announcing that the satrapy of Sayehabad is setting up public schools in Sayehabad and Noctusan. These institutions will provide free education to children resident in the cities.
    -Hesam Noctus

Public Speech
    With the establishment of the University of Persia and the Sayehbad educational system I see a great future for forthcoming Persian generations. Education and Employment will be the foundations of our Economy. I have a vision of a network of schools and universities in every city of the Empire. While the central government finances are unable to fund such at the moment I will personally fund schools in Persepolis and Babyloparsa until such time as revenue increases to fund them. In addition to boost businesses and employment rates I am putting 1,000g from my own accounts into establishing a Persian Investment Fund. This government controlled fund shall be used to aid new businesses by providing loans or purchasing equity. I invite other wealthy citizens of Persia to contribute.
    As to christos, investigations are proceeding apace and I shall inform you as soon as he is apprehended. In the meantime I urge anyone seeing him to inform the local security forces. Do not attempt to engage him yourself.

5. SmugKitteh

SmugKitteh Chieftain

Letter to current governor in Notusan (Hesam Noctus).

With the construction of my mines on the land of 8D occuring soon (about two turns when i'm of age to do actions) I will need some labours to work in places that I have deemed unfit for those how honour the traditions and values of Persia, and I humble request that I may relive the cramped jails of Notusan, by enlisting some crimanls in them as convict labour for my mines. this will benefit the lands of Notusan by not just reliving her jails, the extra profit I make from the convict labour I will use to invest industry and public interest programs in Notusan, also the fear of working in my mines will turn people away from crime if I have permission to work them hard in the deepest parts of the mine. I humbly ask that you consider this project.

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: The correct term would be temporary administrator SmugKitteh. No where has the satrap of Sayehabad said he is deposing the governor of noctusan, he is merely sending a representative to take direct and temporary control for various reasons. (not to mention I have sort of been keeping ShadowNX busy since he is High Priest with a load of religious issues involving certain losses in the Churches spiritual battle for souls in distant lands)

I suggest you correct your terminology immediately to avoid offending the governor/High Priest who's animosity would not be to your benefit.

7. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Saro Artaparsi-Sayeh remains governor of Noctusan although I have temporarily taken direct control over the city, once the situation has calmed control shall be returned to him. Now, as to your request, that is acceptable so long as you are able to fund the security required to prevent their escape.
    -Hesam Noctus

8. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I am fully behind the King of Kings on this. We cannot have another repeat of the Sumerian Revolution, especially not when Persia is fighting a war!

9. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

You insult the honourable sumerian citizens of the empire in suggesting that any rebellion this time would be equivalent to the uprising that occured in the time of our ancestors. The original rebellion raised in uprising a small number of sumerians who in their impatience, frustration and ignorance fell for the lies of Christos I, in light of legitimate social concerns apparent after their recent admission into the empire, although of course they chose the wrong path to resolve their problems. Today the sumerians and indeed the babylonians as well are integrated into the empire and are valued members of our society equal to any other citizen in dignity and worth in the eyes of Mazda, the eyes of the government and in the eyes of all right thinking persons. There is no disharmony within the empire, indeed even the liberally inclined faction now works within an established order.

Therefore it is clear that any revolution that may emerge from the lies of Christos won't be of the same nature as the sumerian revolution. A revolution occuring under the auspices of this Christos would merely be a band of outlaws and criminals as befitting one who admitted publicly he would murder his opposition, perhaps abetted by fringe fanatics for pure liberalism and other malcontents. Any insurrection this time will be simply another band of malcontented bandits hiding out in the wilds to be swept away by the might of Persia.

10. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

I believe that the honourable Tambien mentions the Sumerian Revolution as a example of an internal armed conflict directed against the government and not the reasons as to why this conflict occured.

The uprising of the Sumerian might have come from legitimate social concerns. This however doesn't change the fact that they started an armed revolution against the government and in this the uprising of the Sumerians can be compared to the possible, I say possible because at this point we have no idea of the support he has, uprising of Christos.

That begin said. The Mercenary Guild pledges the help of the guards, once properly outfitted, in search for this rebel.

11. Tambien

The esteemable Arash Salar is correct. I meant no disrespect to the Sumerians, I only meant to show it as an example of christos's rabble rousing. I know christos didn't have the full support of the Sumerian people, and I imagine that he wont have the support of anyone this time around.

~Darius Chgrogers Tambien

12. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

ooc: Arash Salar. (it even means something but I forgot what :p)

13. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I will let your insult to our sumerian brothers pass at this time in light that you simply intended it as an example of internal conflict. However the fact remains, any uprising by Christos now would not be anything like the Sumerian revolution and should not be compared with it. The only comparison that is applicable would be in regards to Persia's conflict with the common bandits.

14. Tambien

I sincerly apoligize for my insult. It was not meant as such.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I am sure the sumerian population will accept your apology as is befitting the ways of Mazda. After all it is clear you spoke imprudently and overhastingly in your zeal for justice, and thus accidently suggested in a most erroneous manner that Christos could create a repeat of the sumerian rebellion, thus implying that the Sumerian people, valued citizens of the Empire are unfaithful and traitorous (A most insulting suggestion)

16. Tambien

I now realize the erronous way in which I spoke. I am sorry.

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

most excellent, now go offer sacrifice to the sacred fire at the Temple of Ahura Mazda in Persepolis and pray that he grants you wisdom to think before you speak. Especially considering your the minister of minorities!

-

ooc: :lol: tick the "maintain good relations with the sumerian community box"

18. Tambien

OOC: dont forget the "hunt down christos as fast as I can" box. ;)

19. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: I don't necessarily care for speed, I want to savour the hunt and watch him suffer (IC ofc) for his defiance, and indeed I don't necessarily care if I'm actively involved or not, Im perfectly happy as a passive observor.

20. CELTICEMPIRE

CELTICEMPIRE Zulu Conqueror

I Saeed Reza, a concerned Persian citizen, would like to see security increased and Christos hung.