1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Forward thinking, as in the use of logic and reason. It is not good because it is new, it's good because it is beneficial to the advancement of Persian society. Your arguments have only been ways that an individual could misinterpret the writing to decide that faith is no longer need. With the addition I suggested that would be rectified. Fundamentally there is no error to using logic and reason over emotion. Emotion changes unexpectedly and unreliably while fact is a fact, and thoughts based off facts are much more productive and reliable than thoughts based off whims of feeling.

2. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The second Finnish workers are ordered to head to Sayehabad and begin constructing mines on 3C, 5C and 6C. I request that the satrap of Artaparsa dispatches one of the workers toiling in his territory to assist. I am also cancelling the training of a worker in Noctusan as we now have sufficient workers for the time being.
    I would also like to hear people's thoughts on prioritising the research of the compass. My scientific advisors have assured me that doing so will increase the profits made by our fishing boats and significantly boost our treasury.

3. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

Logic is dangerous, the followers of logic can misinterpret its meaning in a million different ways. Our current system following the will of Mazda works fine, so why should we change it? A vote for me would be for maintaining Persia's current system.

4. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I would like to cofirm that I too got a message.

This is unnaceptable.

Whomever is perpetrating this terrible crime is not worthy of Persia. Whomever is perpetrating this crime did not read the Manifesto. Whomever is perpetrating this crime is not worthy of the name logician.

I am disgusted.

I will help in any way possible with the investigation.

5. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

These reports of anonymous letters agitating for a coup are highly disturbing. Anyone who has received one should send a copy to myself and the minister of law for investigation.
    To whomever is plotting against my government, the only other coup in Persian history was against a Noctus. That one came as a surprise, I am aware of this one, do you really think your chances of success will be greater?

6. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

ooc: May be if someone posted it so it look like it was some logical fanatics and saw that logic is dangerous and jail Tambien?

Note: Because in game i am 4 year old i will speak in ooc.

7. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: Christos, have you considered coming up with a different name for your characters? The historical baggage associated with the name is going to be a serious hindrance to you actually gaining any power. Plus the bottom of the powers list is kind of confusing, I'm never sure which Christos is which.

8. christos200

ooc: I could take the name << Darius >>.

9. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: Good and Persian plus there's never been a Darius Noctus. I approve.

10. christos200

ooc: In my next game i will join the persian army and become a beleiver of logic and try to bring down the chruch and declare democracy.

11. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: Do you mean 'next existence'? Have you ever considered working within the established power structure? You'll probably find it considerably more successful than your prior methods. Not that my characters haven't found the fates of your characters immensely amusing.
    If this character survives long enough maybe he can run for Minister of the People next time it comes up for election (see, we are a democracy).

EDIT: I just noticed we're two pages off where CotE was given up on and Persia's still kicking.

12. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Yeah, men, I was about to tell you: you're around 50 posts behind CotE (which is the thread with the most posts in the forum) and this one seems to be quite alive.

13. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

Hi people,

I'm really sorry I have to do this but I'm not going to continue my participation anymore.
    This is one of the best interactive games here on the forum and I find it an insult for the other
    players but even more towards Civleader if I don't commit fully to it.
    I find that I lack the time and energy to fully emerge myself in the game and play it as I want and I feel you deserve. I had some, in my opinion, really good ideas what I wanted and was excited to develop these but it is not meant to be :(

I'm sorry and wish you a great game :)

Mayor

14. christos200

I hope you will re-join later.

15. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: Curse you real life!!!:trouble:
    We need a :rageimpotentlyatttheheavens: smiley.

16. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

I'll join... after christmas. I'm moving, and that takes a lot of time out of those 24 hours a day has.

edit: you're only two pages away from CotE's record! A game I would have joined if I had arrived in time.

17. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

This was the message I recieved:

18. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

I am concerned at this talk of coup, and I will contribute in whatever way I can in the investigation.

Meanwhile, I encourage all of the lords of Persia to vote for a Prime Minister in the electoral chambers. There has been a great debate and now I feel the electorate is ready to decide.

19. YewZerNayme

YewZerNayme Chieftain

This looks a bit overwhelming, but I've never been one to look before I leap. Got room for one more in the citizen pool?

20. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

Welcome to GaP. :). I would suggest that you do get acquainted with the current political situation in Persia before you jump in fully.