Governments and Politics

Logic is dangerous, the followers of logic can misinterpret its meaning in a million different ways. Our current system following the will of Mazda works fine, so why should we change it? A vote for me would be for maintaining Persia's current system.

Anything can be misinterpreted. Our current system of what? Thought? Are we lambs that all share the same mind? No, everyone already uses varying degrees of logic and emotion in their decision making. The Manifesto only advocates the use of more logic. Logic is not some cult to be followed. It's a way of thought. Not only that, but the work is not about faith. No where in the entire thing is faith mentioned because it is about making decisions. Faith and morals are not decisions, they are beliefs learned from childhood.

It baffles me just how much this work was misunderstood. It's only message is to use logic to make decisions. It isn't a mandate for some atheist cult. For heavens sake it's not even targeted to the common man. How much logic does it take to harvest a crop? to swing a sword? to pickaxe a rock? No, it is targeted to learned scholars and nobles as a guide to making good decisions. It is not a political essay. A 'logician' is best described as a teacher or a student using logic to study their chosen field, not a politician. Logic can not be a political ideology. In real life there is no set right answers, and there are many logical choices; in the end politicians determine the path they wish to take based on their morals and values. Finally my opponents' claim that the work is heresy is borne of ignorance to the actual meanings of the text. How can a work advocating peace, acceptance, wisdom, character, and selflessness be heresy? The purpose of the text is not to credit or discredit faith. Just because a work doesn't mention faith doesn't mean its heresy. The argument that logic is malicious because it can be used for evil is a weightless one. That is the equivalent of claiming ones left arm is heresy because it can be used for evil. The argument that logic can be used to discredit the church is a faithless one. If you have so little faith in the truth of Mazda that you believe logic discredits it, than perhaps your are not as ardent a believer as you should be. The fact that faith is not mentioned in the work is not some coded threat to the church, or call for some kind of revolution in thought, it's simply because this is not about faith.

EDIT: Welcome, there is always room for new arrivals :)

This looks a bit overwhelming, but I've never been one to look before I leap. Got room for one more in the citizen pool?
Always! If you need any help understanding the current situation, I suggest you get a story from both Myself/Dot80 and Swimandciv/Jehoshua. That should let you form your own opinions. Welcome to the game!

Anything can be misinterpreted. Our current system of what? Thought? Are we lambs that all share the same mind? No, everyone already uses varying degrees of logic and emotion in their decision making. The Manifesto only advocates the use of more logic. Logic is not some cult to be followed. It's a way of thought. Not only that, but the work is not about faith. No where in the entire thing is faith mentioned because it is about making decisions. Faith and morals are not decisions, they are beliefs learned from childhood.

It baffles me just how much this work was misunderstood. It's only message is to use logic to make decisions. It isn't a mandate for some atheist cult. For heavens sake it's not even targeted to the common man. How much logic does it take to harvest a crop? to swing a sword? to pickaxe a rock? No, it is targeted to learned scholars and nobles as a guide to making good decisions. It is not a political essay. A 'logician' is best described as a teacher or a student using logic to study their chosen field, not a politician. Logic can not be a political ideology. In real life there is no set right answers, and there are many logical choices; in the end politicians determine the path they wish to take based on their morals and values. Finally my opponents' claim that the work is heresy is borne of ignorance to the actual meanings of the text. How can a work advocating peace, acceptance, wisdom, character, and selflessness be heresy? The purpose of the text is not to credit or discredit faith. Just because a work doesn't mention faith doesn't mean its heresy. The argument that logic is malicious because it can be used for evil is a weightless one. That is the equivalent of claiming ones left arm is heresy because it can be used for evil. The argument that logic can be used to discredit the church is a faithless one. If you have so little faith in the truth of Mazda that you believe logic discredits it, than perhaps your are not as ardent a believer as you should be. The fact that faith is not mentioned in the work is not some coded threat to the church, or call for some kind of revolution in thought, it's simply because this is not about faith.

EDIT: Welcome, there is always room for new arrivals :)

If this work only advocates using logic in decisions then why does it exist? Logic has always been used to a point. It seems to me that the objective of the work is to expand logic to the exclusion of other thoughts, which I disagree with. Logic can be bent. It seems to me that you either don't understand the extent of the work or you are trying to cover up its dangerous side which seems to already be manifesting itself.

OOC: Welcome to GaP newcomers :)

This seems interesting, would anyone mind me joining?

Also, a question :p
Are new players in the game immedeatly, or are they required to wait for a citizen to be born or something like that?

you are automatically in the game. Welcome, welcome, you now reside under the stern but benevolent gaze of the triumvirate :lol:

So when will a citizen be "promoted" to a Politician? Still when a citizen is born in the game, or is that time over? :p

Welcome.

Note: Dont mess with Jehoshua and the rest of the triumvirate or you will find yorself dead. I already was killed 3 times.

Also in this game i done the most crazy actions:

A sumerian revolution, i created my own religion and did a prison break.

ooc: A citizen is promoted upon their ascension to a political job, ergo a lordly position, a ministry, a satrapy, or a high clerical position in the emminent and glorious Church of Mazda (edit and RNG as Tam said). Oh and about Christos only one of those times was by the triumvirate, one was a vigilante death by some honourable citizen and one was a "death attempting to escape from prison" ;). That said I have killed everyone save new people and the triumvirate and allies of said triumvirate at least once in the course of the game so its best to keep on my good side :p

And for each of that action you got killed? Note to myself: Do not attempt to act like Christos or you'll die... Thrice

Edit:
@Jehoshua So I have to become an advisor or something in order to get a tile? :p

perhaps. try kowtowing to one of the satraps, or a minister and see if they are willing to give land in addition to your job. That said new land is a sparce commodity.

Alright... He shall be Giovanni of the de' Medici house *Evil grin*

Is there any place where I can find a list of currect ministers etc.?

lurker's comment: you could also try to become the succesfull Christos (meaning same behaviour, but not getting killed) :evil:

interesting, shame nomenclature doesn't do one good in the face of the glorious Houses Artaparsi and Noctus.

Top Bottom