Governments and Politics

OOC: Could anyone give me a little advice? I would PM somebody, but I can't do that until Saturday...
Do you know how to Visitor Message?

If not...

What you do is click on a person's username. You will then see their page. Scroll down until you see a box that you can use to post. The rest is self-explanatory.

Remember to always respond on the person's page, not your own. If you respond on your own page then they will not get notification that you have responded.

Feel free to VM me any questions you might have.

Sorry, Tambien, I've been trying for the last few hours to find that very same thing. I'll look again, but I might not be able to post on your page until Saturday when I'll have been on the forum for 5 days.

Edit: Nope, still can't find it. I'll accept your offer, Tambien. Sorry, swimandciv, but he offered first via VM.

ooc: Bow down to the powers that be and ally with a powerful politician. They will appoint you to posts. Be creative and push the game forward, it will reward you.

BTW I could be the one you could ally with ;)

I am sorry to say, Tambien, that I must ally with swim until further notice. If I want to be part of this, I had better get started.

ooc: excellent muahahahahahahahahahaahahhhahahahahaha:lol:

A wise decision. Right now you just need to know that Tambien and Doteiti are supporters of a manifesto of logic which Jehoshua and I oppose due to its dangerous tendencies and unorthodoxy.

Edit: just a reminder, we need the lords to vote for prime minister

Sorry, Tambien, I've been trying for the last few hours to find that very same thing. I'll look again, but I might not be able to post on your page until Saturday when I'll have been on the forum for 5 days.

Edit: Nope, still can't find it. I'll accept your offer, Tambien. Sorry, swimandciv, but he offered first via VM.
Hmmm... Then I have absolutely NO idea what the heck you are doing wrong. Possibly... when you click on their username hit "View Pulbic Profile."

Other than that, I have no idea.

Anyway, I understand your reluctance. May your choice be wise.

ooc: Bow down to the powers that be and ally with a powerful politician. They will appoint you to posts. Be creative and push the game forward, it will reward you.

BTW I could be the one you could ally with ;)

What he failed to tell you is that he is not a powerful politician....

edit: And it's Ironic because Tambiens character has been the most powerful hahahaha

OOC; Or you can create a Duo with one of the un-allied camps in the game. There are a few who have been floating around without a friend. Maybe you can work some sort of business deal with them.

I have been discussing with the Persian Periodical about hiring writers. For each story a player writes and is published they receive 10G from the Persian Periodical Payroll. Only 1 story per turn.

Edit: To submit your story PM Civleader and I to have your story reviewed and published.

ooc: Has been, in time he will be surpassed as is natural by my character who happens to be sitting right behind him. Not to mention as well that the triumvirate and allies are collectively far more powerful than tambien, and posess much more hard power as well even individually.

Sorry for the unexpected absence, it was my finals week. But now, I'm done!

Welcome all new players. There is always room for more :)
I believe the questions have already been answered, but to make it official, here is my response:
A civilian is promoted to a politician when he is appointed by the king or satraps. The times when a politician was born out of a new citizen are long gone.
A civilian can still do many of the same things as a politician, except that it takes more effort to earn money and power.

@mayor: Its alright, I understand. RL does take priority. Feel free to come back anytime.

Oh, and I heard we broke a record
:thanx: everyone for playing, we couldn't have done it with out you.

One final note before I go write the Quarter Session Event, I will be absent from December 20 to January 8 thanks to vacations :D Sorry for the inconvenience. At least new players will have time to catch up on Persia's situation, rules, and stuff.

Quarter Session Event

While the Prime Minister elections occur on the chambers, a new candidate has entered the race for Minister of the People. His name is Cyaxares Hadaxaya. This is his manifesto.

"Persia is stagnant. Our economy is depressed, like our people. Both population and economic growth is slow, however one cannot be started without the other. If I elected I shall push for a kickstart to our economy by the construction of a National Treasury at the earliest opportunity. Once that is achieved we can begin work on a national series of colloseia to entertain our citizens. I would encourage the satraps of Artaparsa and Sayehabad to restrict population growth in their capital cities to allow greater growth in Persepolis, Helsinki, Noctusan and the planned second city in Artaparsa. Allowing growth in these cities will make the extension of the Persian road network to include them an economically viable decision.
In my vision Helsinki will be left as a semi-autonomous city until the National Treasury is complete, at which point we shall begin to fully integrate the Finns into the Empire.
I favour closer relations with our brothers in the Ottoman Empire. Once our economy begins to grow I propose that we forge an agreement with the Sultan to co-develop Noctusan and Edirne. I would propose that an Ottoman district be set up in Noctusan and a Pesian district be set up in Edirne, encouraging trade between the two cities and greater friendship between the two empires."

Cyaxares is competing against Xerxes II Mahvash for the position.

The upper class of Persia expressed their opinions on the Prime Minister elections. The few opinions expressed slightly favor Swimciv Rudaki, though Doteiti is stepping his toes.

As to the debate between logic and faith, unrest has grown. Riots in Babyloparsa from ardent Babylonians broke out against the logic manifesto. In Persepolis, an angry mob of Babylonians attacked the house of Doteiti II in the Upper District. The mob was dispersed after a bloody skirmish between Security Forces and the mob occurred. Doteiti remained with life after the attack. In Artaparsa, a smaller incident occurred at the house of Darius Tambien, but at a lesser degree.

Artaparsa dealt with other problems. The arrival of the Roman Lord Octavius Augustus caused discontent. The lower districts were plagued with protests and riots. As the Lord traveled through the city, towards the palace, a fairly large crowd charged at the Roman Lord. Security Force stopped the crowd, and the Roman bodyguard helped form a perimeter around their lord. All the efforts, however, were futile. As the Roman chariot opened its doors, an arrow flew straight into the door, hitting the Roman Lord. Chaos broke out as the spectating crowd dispersed, and as guards from all countries attacked and arrested all whom they deemed suspicious. The perpetrator is not known.

Now, Persia awaits the fall out of this assassination.

Arash Salaar, a once promising politician, has died of natural causes in Noctusan. The position of Minister of Education and Research is now open.

The majority of the people looked on the coup letters as a disgrace, and proof that logic, and internal fighting were some of the daggers that would bring Persia's doom in the end.

A Babylonian Heritage Center was opened.

Recover the lost culture of Babylon. A proud ancient people the Babylonians once dominated the world in culture and technology. Help spread the revival of this once great culture by donating today! All our welcome to the center now located in Persepolis, and don't forget to pick up a copy of the Epic of Babylon. Babylonians encouraged to come and help our local historian bring to life the past, and to enrich the local community with their stories after immigration.

Their advertisements say.

Deaths:
Azuman
Raham Adarfra
Arash Salaar

Session 15 Turn 3 has begun. (results of election of Minister of the people will in next update)

Babylonians, this attack upon my home was unprovoked. I ask you only too look at my families history to see my good will towards you. My father wrote the Epic of Babylon and opened a foundation in your honor. My ancestor long passed wished to live with and help your people in peace. They tried to persuade the king to rebuild Babylon after the fall! My support for the Manifesto of Logic is not a question of faith as I have said before! Faith can still be maintained to the highest degree in a more rational and logical society. Besides, as I said in my more recent arguments, this is more geared towards the learned and the scholars not the common man.

All I can say at the moment is that whoever assasinated the Lord of Rome is incredibly foolish. They may like to know that the purpose of the negotiations was to ensure a non-aggression pact from the romans, and an agreeement to allow free mazdaean practice in the Roman Empire. Through this folly the assasins have not only harmed relations with Rome, but they have seriously damaged our chances of showing the romans the illuminating light of Mazda, perhaps the only thing that could ensure that the mazda-less army predicted in the prophecy does not come to pass. They have also dishonoured Persia through their murder of a guest, a dishonour that must be amended in time.

But as it stands, may Mazda help you should the results of your foolishness be in the service of the enemy and prevent us from ensuring that the dark tidings of the prophecy are circumvented..

ooc: I just noticed everyone stopped RPing along with their public speeches. Now it's just like someone is watching politicians on the news... I am going to try and start again. It will only make the thread more interesting.

The murder of a Roman diplomat on our soil is a disgrace. Our standing with the rest of the world is now in jeopardy. This action is unPersian and the perpetrator must be brought to justice.

Public Speech
I call upon the citizens of Babyloparsa to stop their violence. While I understand the cause of your unrest, the use of violence is never okay. We must respect the beliefs of others regardless of how erroneous they are. Have faith in our electoral system to prevent the election of a prime minister who is so opposed by the people.

The dangers of logic have become clear. It may have seemed logical to a Persian to assassinate the Roman envoy when that is clearly not in our favor. Logic is opposed by a population fearful of it's dangerous tendencies. Let us abandon this creed and return to the stability of Mazda

The murder of a Roman diplomat on our soil is a disgrace. Our standing with the rest of the world is now in jeopardy. This action is unPersian and the perpetrator must be brought to justice.

Public Speech
I call upon the citizens of Babyloparsa to stop their violence. While I understand the cause of your unrest, the use of violence is never okay. We must respect the beliefs of others regardless of how erroneous they are. Have faith in our electoral system to prevent the election of a prime minister who is so opposed by the people.

The dangers of logic have become clear. It may have seemed logical to a Persian to assassinate the Roman envoy when that is clearly not in our favor. Logic is opposed by a population fearful of it's dangerous tendencies. Let us abandon this creed and return to the stability of Mazda

Doteiti stared in disbelief at the man. Is he really going to bring this back to a petty political debate? In no mood to do this after being attacked at his home, he stood up when [Insert name of swimandciv's character] finished and shouted over the crowd of politicians, lords, and commoners.

"This is not about logic vs. emotion, or some public election. This is about mass rioting, assult, and the assassination of a foreign diplomat in Persian borders. It is more than likely that someone, driven by hatred for Romans, ordered the assassination of this public figure. Now instead of continuing political squabbles, it is time to focus on the matters at hand. How do we plan to remedy the situation with the Romans? This is of utmost importance, I fear such an occurrence could cause war. "

Actions have been taken to ensure that the worst is averted. Investigations are ongoing.

Public Speech
I was not attempting to politicize these issues. If you were not listening I called upon the Babylonians to stop rioting. I have condemned this attack on Rome and am fully aware of it's implications. I cannot help but point out that all of these issues are probably connected to the instability caused by your creed. I apologize for the wrong that has been done to you, but the business of Persia cannot wait, I must be able to speak freely of my thoughts.

Top Bottom