1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Doteiti scoffed at this. The nerve. "By all means speak your mind, but don't disown your words after their said. You were directly applying this to our political debate, when this is hardly the appropriate time. Also use of the word 'creed' and those like it will only continue the misconception the work is some sort of religious mandate or cult-text. It is simply a scholarly work to encourage the use of logic, and convey good values. Now back to the topic at hand." He moved to the front of the crowd. "Artaparsi's actions are good ones. I hope this is enough. In the future we will have to increase security at such meetings. Maybe at the same time we should give some sort of assurance to the safety of other foreign diplomats within our boarder."

ooc: the italics are thoughts and are supposed to be conisdered at the same level of ooc. Reply to these would be meta-gaming.

2. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: Got a letter back from Rome. It mentions the possibility of war. Hopefully my letter moderates the roman response, because if not we will face a chain gang situation where all our defensive alliances with the other states will be invoked effectively leading to a world war.

3. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

I was Minister of education :)

4. Magnive

Magnive Emperor

So we need both a minister of education and a minister of domestic affairs? :p

5. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

I wanna be one of them :)

6. Magnive

Magnive Emperor

Me as well :p

7. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

ooc: @Jehoshua: is it possible that some of our allies won't back us up because we killed the Roman lord and they may blame the war on us.

@Doteiti: I can't use the words in italics but if I wanted could I criticize you for "scoffing?"

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: Firstly "we' didn't kill him. some fanatic did. Secondly supporting us is better than not supporting us, lets just say any world war would be distinctly in our collective favour if they stayed with us. Oh and no one really likes Rome so they are hardly likely to join Rome out of love of the salad :p

9. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

ooc: Why that reminds me something? :mischief:

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: WWI, yes but the difference is we don;t have two finely balanced alliance structures, we have one isolated state (Rome) and one massive alliance network.

11. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

This attack on a Roman was stupid! Do you want to start a world war? I call for whomever perpetrated this vile act to serve themselves up to justice, or may Mazda reject them.

And do not turn to petty debate again! Now is a time for unity, and action!

12. christos200

ooc: If i was still alive i would have been a spy of rome and helped them destroy persia and make me gonvernor of persia.

13. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: You are not one for politics are you Christos.

14. christos200

ooc: I just want to become absolute ruler of persia, even if it is just for one turn.

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: That role was mine when I ousted the coup people and became absolute dictator-regent of Persia for a short period of time (before giving the crown back to FN). It shall never again come to pass that one person holds absolute power over Persia.

16. JohannaK

ooc: @christos: You're equally stubborn and dumb in each single game, I see.

17. Magnive

Magnive Emperor

Seems like a good idea. Democracy is absolute the ruler of Persia shall be chosen by gods mercy

OOC: Does it "work" like that? Like, in medieval Europe monarchs said that they were legitimate because it was gods will that they had their post, does the persian rulers share that thought?

18. christos200

ooc: I have 3 plans that will make me absolute ruler of perisa. Also question: Why you didnt kept the power and you gave the crown back to FN?

19. JohannaK

ooc: As I said, equally stubborn in each game. :p

20. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

ooc: Because unlike you, and despite popular perceptions, I don't want absolute power, or indeed power for its own sake.