1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

yes you do, you just realise that on the lon grun this is more prudent ;)

2. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

ooc: If i get power, even for half turn, my fisrt order will be to execute you.

Note: that was reply to Jehoshua.

3. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Not really, I realise that sharing power with my equals is far better. At the very end I am perfectly happy to share power with them, so long as I am numero uno on the powers list at that point in time ;)

Oh and at Christos, that was tried before... needless to say it failed miserably and ended with six completely intact and untouched corpses in the Persepolis palace.

4. dot80

dot80 Emperor

ooc: yeah go ahead. Actions are fair game because they are in there to show emotion.

5. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

OOC: christos christos christos. NONE OF YOUR PLANS WILL EVER WORK!

6. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

ooc: This will work. Also i did the last assasination, that you accused me, because the king wanted to get rid of the trimunative and have an excuse to put guards in the trimunative houses and kill them. Then i was going to have a realy high position, do a miltimary coup and declare myself king.

But the king died before this happen. Why i always fail???????????????????????

7. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

ooc: Because it was incredibly transparent.

8. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

Public Speech
    People of Persia, it is time to stop our debating and our infighting. We must stand united against the threats that face us. I extend an offer to Doteiti to stop the campaigning for prime minister so that Persians can stand united against the threats of war and betrayal from the inside. May Mazda guide us in these uncertain times.

Normal
    May I request that the king put a deadline on the election votes so that we can have a Prime Minister?

9. chgrogers

chgrogers Prince

I would like to counter this requesting stating the people have been pushing for another election of Prime Minister and we should not push it off again and have all government positions filled if we are to deal with the all the details of running a Nation. So instead let us end the debates on vote on the elections for both Prime Minister and the People's Minister.

10. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

That's what I meant. We need to end the elections. But until then we should stop the debate so that we don't devide Persia.

11. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

It is important to continue the democratic process to maintain confidence in the government but I would request that the candidates tone down the rhetoric.

Public Speech
    I condemn the Ahriman inspired murder of Lord Augustus. The lord of Rome was attending the conference to discuss opening Romes' borders and allow Mazdaean missionaries into the republic, a faith the murderer has apparently abandoned.
    To combat organised crime I have recently established the Kings' Men, a government funded organisation of investigators, due to the murder their first case shall be investigating the death of Lord Augustus.
    To the murderer, pray that when you are caught the Romans want to sentence you. Their punishment will be far more merciful than what I have in mind.

12. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

I agree your majesty that democracy must be maintained, but I believe you should set a deadline for votes to get in so we can finish the election. I personnally will not engage in further debate as it seems my views are clear.

13. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The deadline is the end of the session.

14. dot80

dot80 Emperor

The following work was created by Myself and Jehoshua. It is a product of much study and work done at the University, and is an attempt to help depict the road taken by the dead. It's descriptions of the different worlds of the afterlife are as true to current knowledge as possible. (ooc: It is equivalent to Dantes Divine Comedy)

15. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

This work is clearly divinely inspired; I commend you Doteiti for your work and your academic prowess. Let all Persians heed the warning of this piece and remember their eternal souls when they make decisions.

16. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Public speech by Prince Kourosh Noctus
    People of Persia, arrangements have been made regarding the government of Helsinki. Anselmi Ari will retain his title and be appointed governor of the city now he has sworn an oath of loyalty to Persia and the King of Kings. In addition Helsinki will be making an official apology to Quebec for past wrongs and King Anselmi has guaranteed the safety of any Persian citizens who wish to relocate to Helsinki. The Finnish aristocracy will also be required to swear an oath of loyalty. Those who do not will lose their assets, titles and privileges under Finnish tradition. Those that do swear will only retain their assets, titles and privileges under Finnish tradition, they will not be granted any titles or privileges of the Persian nobility unless granted under Persian law.

17. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Prince

A hush fell over the gathered crowd; heralds have been announcing throughout the day that the High Priest would make an appearance and give a public speech on the current happenings in the Empire.

As the Crowd gathers they note a huge pile of logs a few feet in front of the balcony

The humming of a thousand voices draws the High Priest closer to the balcony, from the shadows he looks over his flock and wonders to himself if this was part of some grand design. Motioning to his heralds they step out onto the balcony and blowing their horns silences the gathered crowd.

As a deafening silence comes over the crowd the visibly weakened High Priest of Mazda steps out onto the Balcony overlooking the grand plaza of Noctusan.

A cheer from the people his people, smiling he raises his hands to silence the masses ….

Public Speech

“Faithful of Mazda, people of the Empire, long have I been away from you, long have I been sick … yes a sickness ravaged my body and mind but not my soul for the faith of Mazda has sustained me through this time.”

“The Prophecy … yes the prophecy, on that day it was discovered I fell sick, almost as if by a design, but not by those of the faithful, oh no not by them. This prophecy was an attempt by those of our enemies to divide the people from the Church and it was but only their thirst step.”

“My physicians have confirmed that I was poisoned and an attempt on my life was made, luckily my belief in Mazda kept me strong and alive to serve you this day.”

“Secondly the unbelievers thinking they could now roam the open without danger published a vile book contradicting all we believe in, all we put our trust in, all we as faithful Persians strive for. And I am ashamed that so many of our faithful has fallen for this heresy.”

With this the High Priest lifts a copy of the offending work into the air “This is an abomination and to have this in your possession is heresy. We have many freedoms in this great land of ours but some freedoms must not be accepted by those of us faithful to the cause and to Mazda.”

“Light the Fire”

Attendants rushing forward set the timber a light. With the flames licking the sky in anticipation, the High Priest casually throws the book into the flames. “I call on all faithful of Mazda to do the same and to dispose this book in the same way, and let it be known that any who does not is not a true Mazdean.”

With that the High priest turns and moves away from the balcony, sweat dripping from his face as the flames licks at his back …

...to be continued

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Huzzah, your back :goodjob:

(I presume the books is that dastardly Manifesto of Logic thing :p)

19. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Yes you Will have to be more specific than 'this book'

20. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Indeed, although presumably the crowd knows what the book is, and then later the rumours will flow back to the rest of the Empire as to that little detail (ooc: he will tell us he will :p). Although I might add that from historical context we should know its the logic manifesto, what else could it be considering its been trawled through the mud already for heretical leanings. (and apparently its heresy is now official ;) )

I would like to point out that The Divine Commedy is a book, and it is completely orthodox and non-heretical. I should think so as well considering I co-authored it.

-

Public Speech

I knew that the High Priest was ill, but this news that a cowardly attempt on his life was made disturbs me. Any attack on my family, and most especially my cousins in Noctusan is lamentable, and invoked supreme discontent. Should I find out who ordered an attempt on the life of the High Priest, to divide the Church and further the cause of error than I will not hesitate to send them to face the just retriubution of the law.