1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Governments and Politics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Civleader, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

:rolleyes:

2. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Conveniently January the 8th is the day I leave to go on a two week vacation.., with no internet...

3. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

And it is the day in which most people will be back from their vacations... :p

4. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

well we will see what Civleader decides to do, especially considering that I do want to play the game when I return and I have a not inconsiderable investment in the game, both in terms of in-game assets and in terms of the effort put into getting said assets.

That said if the game was to go on without me, I would very much like for my characters and their assets to be protected from assasination, theft, aging and so forth so I don't come back to a ransacked house so to speak with Artaparsa being put under royal administration in the meantime, although it is up to Civleader of course and I would rather not go asking him personally for such things.

5. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

You will leave?????????? Its time for revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:joke:

6. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

No, I will be temporarily absent :p and if a revolution is started I can safely say that there will be an unexplained surge in natural deaths upon my return.

7. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Well we shouldn't delay just because one player is on vacation. Besides, you will only miss two, maybe three sessions. I'd say it's fair that your stats be frozen until your return.

8. swimandciv

swimandciv Warlord

There will be a considerable power vacuum while he is gone.

9. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

lurker's comment: Anarchy!!:nya:

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

:p we will have to see what happens in the likely scenario that the game continues in my temporary absence and my characters and all their posessions and stats are put on hiatus.

11. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Hi, remember me? The 'hard power' arm of the triumvirate? Good. I'm not going anywhere.:king:

12. JohannaK

We all know that Jehoshua is the real power :p

13. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

lurker's comment: I actually doubt that ;) he's just the most eloquent of the three ;)

14. JohannaK

Not been around enough time to check that out :think:

15. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Jehoshua is the most hated of the three. He assasinated the first king and i was the only one who said that but no one beleived me.

16. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

And now you're the only one with a bodycount to rival his....

17. dot80

dot80 Emperor

Yeah I don't know why everyone forgets about filli. He has plenty of power. Jehoshua is just infamous for all the 'natural deaths' following the rebellion. And also because he is the strongest orator (or writer I guess) of the conservatives.

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

The triumvirate is an equal and co-operative partnership, that is all that needs to be said on that matter. As to why everyone thinks I have the most hard power (as opposed to soft power), well probably the whole incident around the coup immediately overshadows the less dramatic exploits of Filli Noctus. In regards to soft power though I clearly excel, the system of government and the fact the nation is a de-facto theocracy attest to that. This soft power is probably what makes me top of the powers list despite FN superior hard power at the present time (being King and all), its almost certainly why Tambien is number three as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EVIdGFudFhuLWRDVjBxTlpzZ1JDenc&hl=en_US#gid=0

-

Oh and on my hiatus I am placing the Satrapy of Artaparsa under royal administration, it is up to the King to decide to either manage the city himself as acting satrap while I am otherwise occupied IRL, or to appoint a temporary administrator from amongst the other players.

19. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Outside the Place of Persepolis

The square was, as usual, thronged with people buying and selling, talking and arguing and generally going about their normal business. No-one noticed the archers atop the surrounding buildings or the glinting of polished bronze mirrors as they gave an 'all clear' signal.

Everyone noticed the fanfare though, and the opening of the great palace gates. All normal business came to a halt, replaced with a quiet susurration as the crowd tried to work out what was happening.Even that ceased when the King of Kings, in all his finery, stepped through the gates and on to the well worn flagstones. He addressed the rapidly swelling crowd in a loud and clear voice.
    "People of Persia," he began, whilst a scribe began recording his words for later distribution to the rest of the Empire, "it is one hundred and twenty five years since the founding of our Empire by King PlyPlay. Recent years have been hard on the Empire. The military and financial mismanagement of my predecessor has left serious problems that plague us even today, a depressed economy, national infrastructure insufficient to the size of the population and too many of our warriors in the towers of silence due to the foolishly premature declaration of war against Helsinki.
    "But I have worked tirelessly to turn this situation around. Our military is the envy of the world, as proven by the glorious victory at Helsinki and I believe our economy will soon begin to improve and our infrastructure will follow soon after.
    "There are still challenges ahead. Although my men captured Christos the traitor there are still the terrorists in Artaparsa and the criminals in Noctusan to bring to justice. But I can assure that even now the Kings' Men and our security forces are coming ever closer to sending these thieves and murderers to Angra Mainyu.
    "In celebration of Persia's founding I have decided to name this place, that has gone without one for so long, Arsalan Plaza in honour of my father who gave us our current constitution and the reforms that ensured freedom and equality before the law for all citizens of Persia. In the spirit of his reforms I declare that in Arsalan Plaza any citizen of Persia may freely speak publicly on any subject they wish. So long as they do avoid blasphemy against Ahura Mazda, lese majeste, encouragement of criminal behaviour and agitation to violence against a Persian citizen or the Persian state then the security forces are forbidden to move them on or otherwise interfere with the speaker or anyone debating or disagreeing, unless either party draws a deadly weapon."

20. Civleader

Civleader King

I'm back from a great holiday, I hope you guys also enjoyed them! Now to business.

I will continue to work on the update, since I obviously did not have the ability to do so over brake. I will post it as soon as I can.

@Jehoshua: dont worry, I do not think you will be missing too many sessions during your absence.

I also believe a new player signed up. Will the young Persian Laoch of House Croga step up to claim full citizen rights due to reaching majority age? could you just confirm you are signing up? and welcome to Governments and Politics :)