Governments and Politics

I am sure you have read the first pages of Civleader's rules. Those I have to go back and reference all the time. I would read session 9 and jump in. Basically you will start as a new civilian at the 18 of at beginning your families prominence. At this time most of our families started in Persepolis and most are racially Persian but now that we have Persian Syrian and Sumerian with Babylonian newly added to the mix you can pick your race as well as your background.

A newly emerged leader of the Babylonians would be nice to see. But read session 9 and maybe session 8 for some back story and go.

Session 8 is on page 69 Post 1371

I am sure you have read the first pages of Civleader's rules. Those I have to go back and reference all the time. I would read session 9 and jump in. Basically you will start as a new civilian at the 18 of at beginning your families prominence. At this time most of our families started in Persepolis and most are racially Persian but now that we have Persian Syrian and Sumerian with Babylonian newly added to the mix you can pick your race as well as your background.

A newly emerged leader of the Babylonians would be nice to see. But read session 9 and maybe session 8 for some back story and go.

Session 8 is on page 69 Post 1371

I read them at a previous time, but I plan to read them again tomorrow before officially joining. I just wanted to state interest so I didn't forget again.

I'll read everything tomorrow and then create my citizen.

OK quick history:

Our first king was murdered. Don't know by who.

Sumerians and Syrians immigrate to Persia. Sumerians are still causing problems.

Babylonians are unjustly forced to join by King ShadowNX

Coup where everyone tried to displace the tyrranical oligarchy of Jehoshua, Filli_noctus, and ShadowNX, referred to as the Triumvirate. Jehoshua came back and "saved" the day by assassinating all the revolutionaries and the poor innocent Doteiti. They blamed the entire thing on the Peace loving Freeman guild.

Filli made some reforms to try and make us happy.

We are planning to eventually attack the ottomans.

That's it in a short unbiased sense. Behind the scenes Jehoshua is the most powerful and is High Priest + Sastrap (governor of a city); followed by Filli, King + Sastrap; and ShadowNX, currently to young to do anything. I'm not sure about the rest but they have a nice advantage.

:lol:

So Jehoshua is the "Bad Guy" then?

Funny, since he's the one who invited me (We know each other from off topic.)

I'll probably stay neutral until I figure out what's going on.

News Report
T64-T74

T64 (1440 BC)
Artaparsan Guard fortifies in 6B
Production on Archers begins in Persepolis.

T65 (1400 BC)
Sayehabad has grown to 6000 people. The population demands wine!
First Scout Division has met the city-state of Genoa. They grant us 15 gold!
Spoiler :

Second worker Unit and Settlers begin their journey to Sayehabad.

T66 (1360 BC)
Mathematics is completed! Research begun on Sailing.
First Scout Division sees the settlement of Ankara, a new Ottoman city. They also meet scouts from a place called Siam!
Spoiler :

T67 (1320 BC)
An archer division has been created in Persepolis.
Work begin on the Hanging Gardens.

T68 (1280 BC)
First Scout Division finds borders of a Roman city.
new archers fortify in 11A and stand wacth of the borders for any barbarians.
Persian Laborers have finished the farm in 9A. Second Worker Unit has arrived at Sayehabad.
Spoiler :

T69 (1240 BC)
Settlers meet with the Sayehabadian Guard and begin their journey to the East.
Persian Laborers have nothing to do.
Second Worker Unit begins to travel to 4C to construct a plantation. (The leader of the unit deemed this appropiate)
Research on Sailing is finished. Research on Philosophy is begun.
We receive reports that the Pyramids have been built in Rome! Our scouts sent back a painting of the wonder:
Spoiler :

T70 (1200 BC)
Workers begin building a plantation in Sayehabad.

T71 (1160 BC)
First Scout Division finds a barbarian settlement near Roman Territory.

T72 (1120 BC)
Our First Scout Division cleared a barbarian camp after Roman Archers killed the brutes. The scouts found civilians that used to belong to Rome, and the captain chose to take them and not return them to Rome.
Spoiler :

T73 (1080 BC)
The First Scout Division is being surounded by Roman Archers! Rome will not let them move until they have the workers returned. if they move, they will be killed.
The settlers and Sayehabadian Guard keep moving in spite of barbarians nearby.
Spoiler :

T74 (1040 BC)
Scouts are still surrounded.
Second Worker Unit finishes the plantation and moves to 8C.
The Sayehabadian Guard suffered a defeat when they were attacked by Dahazith Archers. They were forced to flee north.
Spoiler :

In Artaparsa, the Artaparsan Guard obliterated barbarian archers in a decisive vistory.
Spoiler :

Deaths
none!

Session 9
T74 (1040 BC)

Persepolis:
Advisers and Ministers enter the palace.
King Arsalan: Welcome advisers, what brings you in such a hurry?
Foreign: Sir, we have a couple of foreign problems. Near Rome, our scouts are being surrounded by Roman Archers. They demand that their workers are returned. I will expect some sort of letter from their leader. Closer to home, our settler party has been attacked by the Dahazith. This delayed the settlement of the new city.
Military: Yes, the Sayehabadina Giard dwindles in numbers and strength after an encounter with archers. If we travel to our destination, we will probably loose the warriors, but settle the city. What shall we do?
On another note, the Captain of the Artaparsan guard asks for clearenece for an expedition to find and kill Barbarians in the west.
King Arsalan: Very well, I shall think on these matters.

Persepolis:

In-game Issues:
What shall the settler party do?
What shall be produced in the new city?

Decisions:
What shall we name the new archers, and what should they do?
Who sall be the new Monister of Law, since there are charcters old enough?
Who shall be the new Prime Minister?
Who shall be the new Minister of Minorities?
Who shall be the new Minister of Foreign Relations?

Issues:
Foreign: Rome demands we return their workers
Military: The force protecting the settolers might not survive another encounter.

Artaparsa

Decisions:
Artaparsan Guard wants clereance for an expedition to find and kill the western barbarians.

Sayehabad

Issues:
Domestic: Increasing Crime rates in city.
Foreign: The lacadians have abandoned the Sayeh Mountain

Spoiler Persepolis :

Spoiler Artaparsa :

Spoiler Sayehabad :

Spoiler Strategic Views :

Spoiler Civ info :

@Domination3000: welcome to the game. when you officially sign up, tell me so I can send you your player stats
@SmuKitteh: I tried sending you your Player Stats, but you cant receive PM's yet. Do you have an email through which I can send you the stats? Welcome to Governments and Politics :)

and finally, the new features will be up tomorrow since it is late and I want/need some sleep and I still have to transfer everything from paper to here

Yeah pretty much.... haha jk. (but Im not :devil:). Hopefully you have a friendly rivallry and you are a good match for him. :) if so lets be friends :lol:

unbiased my arse.

The quick history goes like this:

First King righteously and mercifully permits the entrance of the syrians and the sumerians into Persia. The Sumerians forget there place and cause problems being ungrateful, however the syrians quickly assimilate and are no longer a visible minority. The King then dies a natural death without any heirs and appoints his chief advisor completely unexpectedly to the throne

Second King follows through with first kings plan, and on hearig rumours of assasination against the first king conducts a load of trials. He begins the first sphere of expansion of the empire. Also Christos gets owned in his reign.

The Third King grants the Babylonians in his mercy (and in pious fidelity to the commandments of mazda) aid and military protection. However they face problems and start to implode before coming to Persia in the fourth Kings reign when they are graciously granted entrance.

The Fourth Kings reign begins with a sacrilegious and unjust coup by a cabal of conspirators angry at the legitimate election process of the empire and seeking to further their own power. However the wrath of Ahura Mazda strikes them down as the pious and ever-victorious High Priest returns to the capital to restore order after their fall. He then immediately in fidelity to the true King restores the true King to the throne and orders the Church;s efforts to be completely focused on helping those afflicted by the chaos the conspirators caused in the empire. In the light of this vicious and unjust coup however the Houses of Artaparsi, Sayeh and Noctus were forced to unite together against the radicals into a tacit entente that has become known as the Triumvirate.

The Fourth Kings reign continues with reforms which he already had lined up to begin with to stabilise the system and fix some problems that had developed over time. He also entered into defensive and border arrangements with the Ottoman Empire in light of a potential roman threat and to ease tensions prior to future plans.

The Third King grants the Babylonians in his mercy (and in pious fidelity to the commandments of mazda) aid and military protection. However they face problems and start to implode before coming to Persia in the fourth Kings reign when they are graciously granted entrance.

Remember that long argument? Where I was dumb for wanting to give the Babs aid? There was no aid given because Shadow had to assimilate them right away.

You were dumb for wanting to give the babs unconditional aid ;)

Ugh, its 1AM, I'm tired, and trying to get some writing done while simutaneously trying to post on here.

@Jehoshua- You could almost get me to believe Catholicism is true in real life at the moment:p

I should be sleeping but I'm too stupid...
(Translation: I'm ignoring this thread until the morning.)

Take care.

I'm Done Spamming Now....

:wallbash: IT wasn't unconditional, the conditions were painted in a friendly light.

That might as well of been unconditional. You need a stick as well as a carrot, and if you look soft your bound to be owned. Theres one rule in international relations, weakness is incitive.

-

IN REGARDS TO THE ROMAN QUESTION

I would suggest releasing the worker corps to the romans, it would be unwise to incite their anger this early considering the might of their military, a military which is currently on full display.

However we really need to engage with them soon. To this end I will be travelling to Rome after some other things are sorted to engage in diplomatic dialogue with the Roman Empire on behald of the crown, and to gain intel on them.

SETTLERS

We should hold them back, send the archers to meet up with the warriors and then re-engage with the barbarians. This is optimal now thanks to the treaty we have with the Ottomans which means we do not need to be concerned too much about them settling in the region before we can deal with the savages.

OTTOMANS

We now know where Rome is, which reveals a very important fact. The Ottoman Empire is very limited in potential geographic extent, being crammed between us and the romans.

That might as well of been unconditional. You need a stick as well as a carrot, and if you look soft your bound to be owned. Theres one rule in international relations, weakness is incitive.

By the Babylonians? We would have been owned by a minor culture that isn't even represented in the game?

Of course not the Babylonians, but we could of been percieved as weak by someone who could of had the potential to own us.

I doubt the Romans/Ottomans knew the Babs. Even if they did I bet what we did do to them didn't make us look to good.

the ottomans are our pet buffer state and Rome is looking eerily similar to a caged lion just waiting to morph into the world first agressive expansionist empire. Basically considering these things it would be better regardless to appear tough and ruthless than to appear soft and thus give off the appearance of being able to be bullied. (that said, we should give Rome the worker back, since the incident is beyond our sphere of influence and we can do nothing to withstand Rome simply taking it back.)

Haha we don't even know if the Romans have Iron yet. Even if they do I doubt they will take into account our treatment of the Babs. I'm not really sure the stats of immortals but I think we can use them as a counter to their legions. (Though I am unsure of that. I never play the persians and never noticed their raw strength when I was fighting them).

WORKERS: PERSEPOLIS

The workers in Persepolis that are currently sleeping and doing nothing should be sent to Artaparsa, placed under its control, to improve the horses and to develop that city.

Top Bottom