Governments

Virote_Considon

The Great Dictator
How are we going to use governments in this mod?

1. Just like a normal game of civ. Everyone gets every form of government, and everyone is happy, etc., in other words, the "boring" method ;)

2. Just like in the Warhammer Fantasy Mod, where every civ gets one government at the start of the mod. This is useful for giving specific civs specific improvements/wonders.

3. Cross between them both: Each civ is pushed into a government at the start, but can change into other (civ- or group-specific) government later. This could create some interesting gameplay choices (do I change over to this government, with no WW, or do I stay in this government and keep all my current improvements/wonders? :hmm: ). It will also keep the religious trait at its normal level of use. However, it would mean that a lot more work would have to be done to get improvements/wonders to work right.

Oh, and I have some ideas both for governments for individual civs and for gameplay ideas for #3.

I would probably say #2, but there is a little bit of #3 in the WH Mod, with the Undead factions becoming an Undead State

My first thoughts on governments were:
*IG, WH, DH, SM have an Imperium gov
*LatD, CSM and maybe DEldar to have Chaos
*Orks to have Waaagh!
*Eldar to have an Eldar gov
*Tau to have the Greater Good

I suggest this:
Imperial Guard - Imperium
Witch Hunters - Ecclesiarchy
Daemon Hunters/Space Marines - Space Marine Chapter/Order
Chaos - Cult of Chaos or specific cult can be chosen (like cults of Khorne, Tzeench, Nurgle, Slaanesh or Chaos Undivided)
Ork - Waaaaaagh!!!!!
Eldar - Autarchy
Dark Eldar - Cult of Pleasure
Tau - Greater Good or can shift between Mont'ka and Kauyon teachings

The main reasons I'm against having too many governments are:

- the preferred and shunned governments (i would prefer all imperial factions to be friendlier with each other, rather than the space marines only liking each other and treating the imperial guard the same as chaos or orks)

- having common governments makes culture-specific wonders and improvements MUCH easier to manage. If there were specific differences between governments that you really wanted, could make a wonder that does a similar thing, eg. reduces war weariness, decreases corruption, increases trade/shields/commerce

Then all Imperial races will have Imperium goverment and Chaos races will have Chaos. Autarchy for Eldar and Cult of Pleasure for Dark Eldar (they don't like each other, do they?). Tau will shift between two teachings (I do not like shifting goverments either, but if we add this option for one race, I think, it won't hurt).

Yes, but if the mod is militaristic it'll look well, I think. Mont'ka will give unit bonuses (unit-producting buildings for example) and Kauyon will give strategic bonuses.

Edit: Just rethought this. You are right. It is too "tactical" to be a government. So the list is:

Imperial factions - Imperium
Chaos - Chaos Worship
Orks - Waaagh!!
Eldar - Autarchy
Dark Eldar - Cult of Pleasure/Kabalism
Tau - Greater Good/Etherial Counsil

And if Necrons and Tyranids ever be edded:

Necrons - Lordship/Triarchy
Tyranids - Hive

Top Bottom