Governor Appointments

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
I am proud to announce that we have 3 new provinces! The governors of these provinces are as follows:

TimBentley -- North
MOTH -- South
Invy -- East

Governors, you may name these provinces!

I will come up with an intermim name for the Southern province and the intermim capital is Epolenep. I believe that the first elected governor should have the privelidge (sp?) of the official name and capital. I hope to be that first elected governor, but I will defer to the WOTP in the next election.

I wish to be a govenor of a province someday!
If I was I would name mine Jackdonia!

Hey Tim! Congrats!

Hope i become a Gov Someday!

JackA said:
I wish to be a govenor of a province someday!
If I was I would name mine Jackdonia!

Very egotistical, if you ask me. (Yes, I know the name of the capital's province) :p

Congrats new govs. Remember coordination is key. :goodjob:

Those names had better be temporary. I don't care if I've been out of it for a while, I won't stand for any non-elected official naming a province. If I can't change names on cities, you can't give that province a name.

And I think its pretty obvious I would've like one of those positions. Though I intend to run anyway for East in term three. :p

Epimethius said:
Those names had better be temporary. I don't care if I've been out of it for a while, I won't stand for any non-elected official naming a province. If I can't change names on cities, you can't give that province a name.

And I think its pretty obvious I would've like one of those positions. Though I intend to run anyway.
legally they are the permanent names, as the first governor gets to choose the name of it and they are the first governors
is this the same person that said city names dont matter? ;)

Also Congrats guys!(And whenever in doubt about what to build, a library would be nice :p )

Oh yeah?

Ladies and gentlemen, in light of this, I am now closing down the naming registry, and will name all the names myself, as I was appointed to do by the Term 1 Domestic Minister. In fact, I'm going to rename past cities, too. ;)

Seriously, they don't get to name them. And if they do, then Regent Town is going to be Shikkencho very soon. They are not elected. Why they have any power at all is a very serious question. They should be Tokdo, Nando, and Hokdo or somthing until the election, after which a permenant name can be chosen. And I will challenge that and any other power of their if necessary. They weren't elected, and I don't see why they should have any power at all.*

Hold a mid-term election if you need to. But don't you dare hand some appointed official serious power. And its not even clear why or by whom they were appointed, not to mention that the appointments were in no way ran by anyone. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

* my job consists of organization. As established, I have no actual power to change names myself.

Epimethius said:
Seriously, they don't get to name them. And if they do, then Regent Town is going to be Shikkencho very soon. They are not elected. Why they have any power at all is a very serious question. They should be Tokdo, Nando, and Hokdo or somthing until the election, after which a permenant name can be chosen. And I will challenge that and any other power of their if necessary. They weren't elected, and I don't see why they should have any power at all.*

Hold a mid-term election if you need to. But don't you dare hand some appointed official serious power. And its not even clear why or by whom they were appointed, not to mention that the appointments were in no way ran by anyone. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

* my job consists of organization. As established, I have no actual power to change names myself.

A few points of info:
1. re names: I understand it is DG tradition that the first governor names a province and that the citizen registry names the cities. The Citizens are not elected either, yet they get to name the cities.
2. re appt process: there were recent Code of Laws that were passed documenting the process for appointments in general and another for the process for province creation and the appointment of Interim Governors.
2a. As part of this there is a process to chalenge any appointment. This is some sort of yes/no/abstain confirmation poll. You will need to look it up.
3. re name for South province: read post #3. I have chosen an Intermim name of Hairando = Highland (if the translation was right).
4. There was a new city established last turn chat in the South. I think the name is supposed to be Gurenshi if I read your thread correctly. Please confirm in the next TCIT.

Thanks

MOTH is correct, and I'll add a few things. Specifically, the domestic minister recommended the three new governors to the president, who appointed us (as stated in CoL O.1.C.1.b). Also, public input on the name of my northern province is welcome (partly because I'm not creative enough to think of a good one myself).

Remember, Guys, these appointments do not become valid until this poll is ended, Tonight. They are also subject to a Confirmation Poll as expressed by Section G(2) of the Code of Laws.

Epimethius said:
Hold a mid-term election if you need to. But don't you dare hand some appointed official serious power. And its not even clear why or by whom they were appointed, not to mention that the appointments were in no way ran by anyone. This whole thing stinks to high heaven

3-4 Days from when the Nomination Threads become Posted?! There is no time for a Mid-Term in this specific case. You might as well ask that these new Provinces be invalid until the beginning of the Next Term.

Keep an eye on the posts of this Forum, though. Rik and Octavian commented on individual portions of this back in the Provincial Creation Thread.. They mainly had issues of who needed to consent to New Provinces and particular wording about who would control what cities before the New Provinces go into effect. Noone said anything in the creation process about appointment vs election.

Besides, this is a Code, not an Article. If you want to change it, you are welcome to set up changes and we can hammer out how often we can have the "Mid"-terms.

In the meantime, go ahead and set up Confirmation Polls, Epi. Follow Section G(2), however.

From the beginning of the demogame V untill now i must say Presidents and Governor Zarn (as it seems to me they had most authority of this kind epi is commenting) did really great job. Direct evidence is superior position of Japanatica empire in the world.

I was appointed as Governor of east province and I must say i am very happy. I always tried to do my best and be as active as possible and will continue to do that way while in this position. I consider this as a praise for everything i've done in this demogame.
This is also good way to include newer players to demogame. Maybe this is too responsible function for all the appointed governors, but in any case i believe newer players should be given responsibility to become mayor's of Japanatica's cities. They would respond directly to governors of provinces. New (or old) governors should be elected by the citizens in next regular term elections (beginning of october) as was the case with governor of Zarnia.

As a kind of "middle of the road" Compromise, what about allowing the first elected Governor of a province have the naming-right? That way the name of the province can be a factor in the elections...

A mayor is a non-official position. A governor can give a mayor-ship to any citizen and as far as I know that person continues to be Mayor till either the game is over or when he just posts that he stops being a Mayor. A Mayor however has absolutely no power. He advises the Governor on what to do with the city, but the Governor always decides. A Mayor position is fun though and the city-threads the Mayor posts are amongst the finest in DG history.
I give you: The great city of Gorina as an example.

Top Bottom