Goz11- 5CC-Deity

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
i've played with many great players on fantastic maps.

A couple of my best memories are games provided by LKendter. We fight through the eras to keep somewhat close in technology, but in the end it always turn out to be the sword that get the intelligence.

We never had a goal or a plan.

Still we won!

How is this possible without a great leader like LKendter?

Well, he was the Wrath and the Vengenge! A mighty good leader in teams that wondered hither and dither and as a good shepherd he assembled them. To victory!

Now I want to get that feeling again, wanting more sweat&tears.

I'm the shepherd now!

Pangea
Standard map

That's it so far.

Any takers?

Lets discuss the starting conditions. What civilization will we use? For which victory condition are we aiming? World settings?

I'd vote for Ottomans, conquest/domination, Wet/Temp/3 billion :ar15:

as long as you don't mind an American-born on your team that is

Hmm, after some hesitation, you're in :lol: Welcome all of you.

Roster so far:

gozpel
zerksees
Smart
Own
open spot

Remember, this is kinda beyond Deity and need some skills.

Any thoughts of a good civ? I definately want a commercial one, maybe together with SCI or something?

Every coin matters, so commerical is not useless.

Usually it's conquest in games like this, but if we can't beat them down I would say space. UN is out of the window and cultural, yeah, go figure :lol:

India get my vote, I haven't played them for a while and a no resource UU will help.

World settings:

standard pangea 70% - 7 rivals
wet, warm and 4 billion years (we have to have something for our workers to do :)
No scientific leaders
No barbs

Osman is cheesy, btw :lol:

Yep, we will have to buy techs for gpt a lot of times, so we need all the money we can get.

I see I just about cross-posted with Own, who appearantly read my mind :)

lurker's comment: x = 4 or more after size 13, and I agree with everyone here for the usefulness.
Can't sign-up because my schedule would make me regret it, although I probably will shadow at some point.

edit: 4 commerce + univs is 40 beakers/turn or 60 coins at Corporation with stocks, + Wall street makes 110 gpt - good stealing material. Not negligible.

And don't forget the reduced corruption as commercial, not mind-boggling exactly with limited cities, but still useful.

Have we convinced you yet, Smart? :)

And infrastructure we will build, all of it. :)

I'm itching to roll some maps, but we have to wait until everyone agreed or agreed to disagree on what civ we're gonna play.

Plus we need one more player.

@Beorn:
I've done some forum search, and the answer is: commercial trait add +2 gpt in towns, and +3gpt in metros. Until Sanitation it is 10 gpt...

Commerce :
• basic value : this of terrain, river bonus applying
• if city size = village : +1
• if city size = city : +4 if civ = commercial, +2 otherwise
• if city size = metropolis : +6 if civ = commercial, +3 otherwise
• if city = capital : at least 4
• if civ = seafearing & city = coastal : +1
• if government = republic/democracy : +1
• if golden age = on : +1

I will now try to calculate corruption advantage from commercial trait on 5CC

Is that last spot still open? I haven't played much on Deity, but I have done plenty of XCC games.

Top Bottom