Couch-potato (fortified)
I'm setting up this game with the following rules:

It's Emperor.
Map - large archipelago 70%
Conditions - wet, warm 5 billion years
Raging barbs

Allow domination, conquest, space, diplomatic and cultural victories
preserved random seed

We are Carthage + 11 random civs, most aggressive.

Despotism and fascism only as for governments. This means we have to stick to Despotism, until we learn Fascism and we change gov. It will be a hard task to survive til then.

They are quite similar:

Despotism:
Worker efficiency - 100%
Hurry method - Forced labor
Corruption/Waste - Rampant
War Weariness - None
Draft Rate - 2
MP Limit - 2
Unit Support
town - 4
city - 4
metro - 4

Fascism:
Worker efficiency - 200%
Hurry method - Forced labor
Corruption/Waste - Nuisance
War Weariness - None
Draft Rate - 2
MP Limit - 4
Unit Support
town - 4
city - 7
metro - 10

I need a couple of great Micromanagers and a couple of strong warmongers. I'm both of that :)

Players that are around Emperor/Deity levels please, this will be a fairly tough game.

When a couple of players signed up, I will reveal the 5 juicy starts I saved and we get to vote!

I'm open for suggestions to make it different/harder or whatever.

I would, but I'm full schedule with Sg's now, gotta leave this out...

good luck, you'll need it. :thumbsup:

Put me in. I have another SG finishing up soon so I should be able to fit it in. I am a good warmonger.

Roster:

1-conehead
2-
3-
4-
5-gozpel

How can I deny my fav warmonger conehead in this game. I hope you understand the difficulty level and what it brings?

You start conehead.

Thanks for your interest Ankka, we play next time :)

The maps are done and with another 2 ppl we can get this going,

-----------------

Before we start, should we inhibit our stuff further, or are we happy?

Ah well, 2 of 5 isn't that bad?
Can you do better?

Looks very tempting and interesting. How's about Demi-God with food bonus on start and Monarchy allowed until Fascism is discovered? Despotism is too rough to last to Industrial Age and survive with NM only on maximal aggression IMO. DG would compensate for Monarchy allowed.

The maps are done Akots and we will vote where to start.

I would've picked Demi-God if I really understood the differences, but for now it's Emperor. We can always do a re-match :)

You're number 3 akots.

If these rules are too cheesy for you, please abstain.

Roster:

1-conehead
2- grahamian (?)
3- akots (?)
4-
5-gozpel

1 maybe 2 spots are available...

This game will be something else!

OK, I'll give it a try. But please river and food bonus on start or very near. And we need to discuss everything before the turns. This has better to be played very accurately. I don't think it is cheesy. On the contrary, it is extremely rough and brutal. I'm playing VS1 now with Carthage on DG with maximal aggression as the only specific condition without food bonus and without pre-turn discussion which leads to tragic results. It might be possible to win eventually but many things went wrong especially the map. Looks like all civs are tightly packed on one edge of the map without breathing space and the other edge of the map is completely empty. And maximal aggression is very close to AW played by AI.

Edited: In any case, we might want to build Great Library going straight to Writing/Phylosophy/Literature (as a free tech) at max if situation permits. Just before Education, give it to some weak AI and surround and then capture back to get to Industrial Age. And also free Palace from coast more to the center. Or all these are not allowed? At least I assume, pop-rushing is allowed.

Another Edit: @gozpel: Why don't you start yourself? I mean, you play first 20 turns.

It looks like we have a team then, included "grahamiam"!

akots, you will thrive browsing through my 5 saves! Give us your best opinion, please. And the rest of you of course!
akots is very knowledgable and I value his opinion highly.

Ok, voting time. What's best for us? (I didn't peek)

Originally posted by akots
Edited: In any case, we might want to build Great Library going straight to Writing/Phylosophy/Literature (as a free tech) at max if situation permits. Just before Education, give it to some weak AI and surround and then capture back to get to Industrial Age.
hmm, sounds familiar... you been reading Sir Pleb's Sid HoF thread? :)

also, gozpel, i'm at work so can you post pictures of the start so we can vote?

Pics have to wait until tomorrow, server probs on my side.

Aside from that (very good starts) how should we approach this game? Are we to be builders or warmongers?

How will we overcome a Despot regime?

Sorry about the pics, they will be up tomorrow.

Originally posted by grahamiam
hmm, sounds familiar... you been reading Sir Pleb's Sid HoF thread? ...

Apparently idea belogns to somebody else and is rather old but not sure. SirPleb is just brillianlty adjusting it to his Sid game. It is not an exploit in GOTM rules though can be considered as such IMO so people try to use it only when desperately behind the AI in research.

I assume it is 1.15beta with upgrade to 1.20-1.21 ASAP? And we need to discuss the rules as well?

Originally posted by gozpel
... Aside from that (very good starts) how should we approach this game? Are we to be builders or warmongers? How will we overcome a Despot regime? ...

100K cultural sounds good. If there is enough space to build 120 cities we may win before IA. Joking. This needs at least Monarchy or agricultural trait for food bonuses to fight unhappiness. Certainly, warmongers but with markets. Worst problem would be avoiding Despotic Golden Age.

Originally posted by gozpel
Aside from that (very good starts) how should we approach this game? Are we to be builders or warmongers?
i think we'll be forced to be warmongers. most research is going to be by sword since we are going to take the despot hit till the IA. also, with them set to most aggressive, we can probably count on the AI keeping us very busy.

i like akots idea of warring with markets. this seems to be working well for me lately (though i don't do it as a despot). if you really want to make this game choppy, pick opposing civ's who despise despotic goverments :)

Originally posted by akots
Worst problem would be avoiding Despotic Golden Age.

Oh silly me, why on earth did I pick Carthage?

My bad ;)

akots is right when it comes to markets!

That's the way to win something and probably the only way to win anything.

I was originally thinking of automated workers as well, to keep in the Barb theme, but I thought better of it....

We should go for a military victory. As Akots said, how will we avoid a despotism GA?

microbe, you're in and can take on your turns whenever you free, hopefully you get the first turnset anyways.

Roster:

1- conehead
2- grahamiam
3- akots
4- microbe
5- gozpel

To avoid early GA, we can use archers and swords. Do the noble warrior build, connect iron and upgrade and then cut the iron again. That is if we have iron of course :)
Horses aren't to bad either, actually my favorite unit, so I for one will build a few of them.

Top Bottom