Goz7 - The Squeeze

Has this been done on Deity before? I have a very weak memory about some game ages ago, but I can't remember what it was. But we are not passive.

If not, this is a first :)

No way we can be passive. Otherwise we'll end up like Gozgram

No way we can be passive. Otherwise we'll end up like Gozgram

Brrrr!

That was a pain and I don't want to experience that again. Thank you for reminding me :D

Rolled a few standard sized 60% archipelagos and these four were the best, sadly. No screenies because I am lazy and gozpel mentioned small maps, not standard, so I wasn't sure that these would even be considered.

Yes, small map is good. We don't want a whole bunch of evil dudes walking over our lands.

I check the starts and make maps.

Maybe I am crazy, never having tried this, but I haven't lost in an SG yet so I am pretty sure I am invincible or something along those lines. Or have been surrounded by good players who can fix my mistakes. It really doesn't matter. Anyway, small felt like a cop out so I opted to roll standard, but if you post a small map I will play it.

Standard or anything is good enough for me, I never was bothered about the settings. You sure this is standard maps?

But we've got a couple of good saves from bedhead.

Number 1:

Number 2:

Number 3:

Number 4:

I didn't include maps, just to annoy you further. :)

Take your pick.

You mean minimaps when you say "I didn't include maps"?

Now I really feel lazy, since you went ahead and got the screenshots for me. I thought I went for standard, and I remember having to hit random and seeing seven opponents. I could open up Conquests again quickly and check the new game screen.

Please do!

I took care of the grunt-work for you, so explain what you did.

Please :)

Yeah, you did, and you'll never let me forgot it, will you?

Anyway, double checked, and we are on standard, 60% pelago, as I already said. Additional information of interest about the map includes temperate and moderate or something, the middle settings for climate, 4 billion, sedentary barbs, no SGLs (I just don't like them even though they probably can't hurt us here) and no respawn with all victory conditions allowed.

Me forget? Never! :)

No SGL's is fine, and sed barbs are ok as well.

I see no reason to not proceed from here, so cast your votes. Quickly please, so bedhead can start this mess :)

Personally, I'm very divided, but choose number 2 for some reason. A few chops available.

Sure, you're in Greebley. With the holidays coming up 6 players might be good, I'm sure there will be some skips and swaps.

Players:

1 - Bedhead
2 - Kaiser Berger
3 - gozpel
4 - Sir Bugsy
5 - microbe
6 - Greebley

Lurkers comment:

I would thing that 1 is better because the lake still provides fresh water, and the goodie hut might provide something useful early on (like a setter)

General Mayhem said:
Lurkers comment:

I would thing that 1 is better because the lake still provides fresh water, and the goodie hut might provide something useful early on (like a setter)
For non-expansionist on diety, they can only get gold, maps, or a warrior (barbs obviously not possible).

4000 BC (0) - Check terrain and we are on a BG. Worker to cow, settler southeast.

3950 BC (1) - Babylon starts warrior. Alphabet at min. Don't know if it will do any good, but only one other civ has Alphabet (Byzantines), so it might work out.

3700 Bc (6) - Warrior finishes up, start another one. Not much else to do at this point but explore a bit.

3550 BC (9) - Finish up another warrior, start on settler.

3200 BC (16) - Settler finishes, start another, though that may be changed by me (or the next player if I don't). We don't have pottery yet, and this is where I would typically start a granary.

3150 BC (17) - Blue border very close.

3100 BC (18) - Ninevah founded in not the best spot, but it might be able to steal the cow now and again. Starts temple, also subject to change. Buy Pottery from the Sumerians (yuck!) for CB, 55g, and 1gpt. Changed Babylon to granary.

IT - Lost a warrior to barbs. I popped a hut in a forest, since I did have a small defensive bonus and barbs are broken, but the warrior dies anyway.

SAVE, 3000BC

Top Bottom