Goz7 - The Squeeze

I think you are right. I also think I am going to request a skip, unfortunately. I already have one and a half games to finish this weekend, which may be tough, and then won't be able to play Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday in all likelihood.

There is no much point in knowing where the resources are as we cannot settle outside our territory anyway.

We can still use colonies!

Good turns and good decisions. Yep, this will be tricky, but I never saw any of you run away because of that :lol:

Roster:

1 - Bedhead -> Skipped
2 - Kaiser Berger -> UP
3 - gozpel -> lurking
4 - Sir Bugsy
5 - microbe -> Just played
6 - Greebley -> Swapped with microbe

Did I get that right?

@Bugsy- Glad you enjoyed Point. I find it a fairly enjoyable place to live myself.

Preturn- We look alright

T1 1225

Not much to mention. Sumeria has started Great Wall.

T2 1220

Nothing new. Start a curragh.

T3 1175

Nothing new.

T4 1150

Nothing.

T5 1125

Samarra founded.

T6 1100

Nothing new.

T7 1075

Nothing.

T8 1050

ZZZ

T9 1025

Nothing new. Writing due next turn.

T10 1000

Writing comes in, we start on Lit. It is still unknown by our friends. Eulbar is founded.

Summary

We're expanding slowly but surely. Despite that, Sumerian and Byzantine settlers are starting to slip through our lines. We now have a curragh out, so hopefully we can get some more contacts soon.

Lit gives us another cheap culture building. Considering this one has a goal of 100k, I think its worthwhile to research it with or without a prebuild. Also I don't necessarily trust that the AI will research it before we do. I've played a few Sid level games where it hasn't been discovered by anyone until 300-400 AD.

I would go for Lit too. It is an excellent trading tech since you usually can get it first.

Microbes point is valid though. If we want to build the GLib we should wait. The real question is Do we want to build it or not. I am inclined to say no and try to keep up via trade.

Greebley said:
It is an excellent trading tech since you usually can get it first.

Lit is dirty cheap. You might get something out of it when you trade as monopoly, but after that it won't be worth much.

Especially in this game I think we lack contacts compared to the AI. Hope we meet more people before we get it.

But I'll buy the argument that we need more culture buildings.

Pre-turn - Turn up research to 100% - Lit in 13t.

Swap Nineveh to settler and MM Akkad so worker will be built in two.

Where did those Byz settler-pairs come from?

975bc - Play tag with Byz settler.

950bc - Babylon settler -> settler.

Akkad worker -> barracks.

925bc - Curragh finds land/tundra E of Eridu.

900bc - Sumeria is building the Hanging Gardens! Byz too.

And they keep coming trampling in to our territory, 3 Sumerian settler pairs now, to add to the 2 Byz ones.

875bc - Nineveh settler -> bowman.

Whip temple in Samarra.

Nippur founded to squeeze some tiles out of Sumeria, offensive or not, this is what the game is about. :) And when we start a campaign against Sumeria, Umma will be one of the cities we want to target first, we want those horses sooner or later.

850bc - We get the FP-message.

Inca completes the Great Wall.

Our curragh meets a Japanese galley, no trades of course. We also spot blue borders.

825bc - Eridu curragh -> worker.

We meet Germany.

800bc - Babylon settler -> settler.

Shuruppak founded.

Japan and Byz founded towns on our eastcoast. The Byz town screwed up my settling plans, let the settler continue that way so we get another coastal town.

775bc - Nothing.

750bc - Nineveh and Ellipi bowmen -> bowmen. Can be swapped to settlers.

Akkad barracks -> settler.

Uruk worker -> barracks.

Finish off MM'ing to get Lit in 2 turns (51g and -14gpt) and hopefully noone gets it before that. A couple of civs knows CoL now too and that should be the target in a trade, to get the cheaper techs from the other 2 civs.

We haven't found all civs yet, so continue the dingy-scouting.

As soon as we get lit, I would switch our builds to libraries for towns that have temples already. We need to get them in ASAP to get the culture doubling as early as possible.

We aren't going to get much more lands anyway without a war. I would even switch Eridu away from the worker so the Lib will come in faster. Once we have Libs in a town, it can continue with other stuff.

The workers can chop, so don't change.

I think we only have 5-6 more spots where we can settle, after that we can build up pop in our cities and start our army-builds.

I'm still a bit confused, where did those Byz settlers come from? I couldn't see any diff borders on the map.

The save is corrupt. KB could your e-mail it to me?

Sorry, you're right it came from Gozpel. I'm trying again. If it isn't successful, I may need Goz to zip it.

Top Bottom