Goz7 - The Squeeze

Well if you want to make it a Pangaea...
I refuse to risk being stuck dealing with a single Civ. This game prove again that Sumeria can easily become a monster.

Yes, Ision was dead on with his analysis of who the AI plays well. Sumeria seems to be the runaway in almost every game it is in.

LKendter said:
Well if you want to make it a Pangaea...
I refuse to risk being stuck dealing with a single Civ. This game prove again that Sumeria can easily become a monster.

Done! And should we just let Sumeria play with us if the random factor makes it so?

Players: (Not necessary playing order)

LKendter
Bedhead
gozpel
Kaiser Berger - ?
Sir Bugsy - ?
Greebley

I will start a new thread in a day or two (Goz7 - The Squeeze Rematch), while we wait for the rest of the team to confirm their interest.

Meanwhile we should try to figure out some stuff, like temples has to be built ASAP to expand borders. Then do we sell them right away to save gold?

And do we want an earlier GA this time? I think that can make a huge difference in a game like this. Normally a despot GA is terrible, but for the idea of building quick culture and barracks/units early, it might help.

Things like that.

Then do we sell them right away to save gold?
NO - we still need the culture and happy help. However, don't rush to libraries and other culture right away. You need to squeeze in some cities with barracks and military. Lack of military always causes trouble in culture variants.

Greebley said:
I think I would like to try the Babylons again.
Babylon is fine by me. I have no active games with them, and they do seem the best civ for a culture victory with all buildings cheap.

@Gozpel: Thanks for pointing me to this thread! What a game! :)

Players:

LKendter
Bedhead
gozpel
Kaiser Berger
Greebley
Sir Bugsy - ?

Civ - The Babs again

Map Pangaea, what size? We played standard, but would small (fat) make a difference?

Any suggestions are welcome. :)

This game can start any time as we have 5 confirmed players. I only have to finish off my turn everywhere first :lol: and I post a new thread after that.

Small map only needs 80k to win. But the second point is valid, so I would prefer standard map.

Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. Sign me up.

Greebley said:
I thought I tried a small map and it still said I need 100k on the victory screen to get a culture win? I thought I had read elsewhere that the culture victory scaled with map size, but have seen no evidence of it and thought it a false rumor. Am I wrong?
A tiny map is 60K, small 80K, standard 100K, large 130K and huge 160K.

Top Bottom