We got Korea.

Map: 250x250
AI: All 30 opponents
Continents
70% water
Sedintary Barbs
Monarch
Random for wet/dry, etc.

24 hours for I got it. 5-7 days to play (give a status report if going over 5) up to 10 turns.
Genocide Rules:
Our people have zero tolerance of anyone not native. This means:
1) Declare war immediately with no trades or checking diplomacy.
2) We must never have a foreign citizen in our cities even for an instant. All cities must be razed.
3) If a city of ours is captured, it must be also razed when we take it back.. Note this last rule is new, but we shouldn't be losing cities anyway and it guarantees no foreigners. The captured city is contaminated and thus razed.
3) We do not accept cultural conversions of course.
4) Foreign workers must immediately be slaughtered. No moving them or doing anything else but disband them on the spot.
5) We can never look at diplomacy. No checking what techs they have, etc. That implies we are talking to them. Also no checking with assist type programs (of course).
6) We cannot build the intelligence Agency Spying means living with the other civs to get the information. This we don't do.
7) We can look at F7, F8, F11 This is mostly for gameplay reasons. Not sure our civ really could figure out what wonders were built, and other things from these 3 screens, but then that is true in the real game as well. How would we know that some civ we never met built the pyramids? Or that we were 20th in pop when we know noone?
8) We are going for Conquest. All victories are turned on, so we need to avoid domination and other victory conditions.
9) We can keep captured artillery type units. For catapults, trebuckets, cannon, Artillery, etc, we are stealing the equipment and manning it ourselves.
10) We can build the Great Library. The assumption is we are taking/using the books of the enemy (but probably rewriting them so they are our own).

Some repercussions:
We have to build every worker and every settler for our cities.
We have no way to steal maps and will have to do our own exploration. We need to find islands ourselves.

NP, I put you second because I know you will be leaving - this will hopefully give you the most number turns to play at the start. pls tell me the times you will be gone when you know them.

Roster:
Greebley
NP
markh
M60A3TTS
ThERat
vxma
Mumpulus

4000 BC: We are playing Korea. Settle in place after spotting no food bonuses (Gems are in our city Radius).
Decide to go for Iron Working at Min as I don't think we get it much faster at max science (i.e. still about 50 turns with the high tech cost.)

3500 BC: Hut gives Barbarians.

3150 BC: Another Hut gives us Maps.

We built 3 Warrior and started Barracks.

Followed the mountains to maximize chance of seeing Iron. Should turn back as squares will be too far away to grab Iron any time soon and we don't want contact.

Looks like those rules will be easy enough to remember. Given that huts are in play we may want to roam more than normal. We could go farther as we will be meeting anyone close in any event and we should be able to handle them at this level.

It may be a bit strange though getting maps/tech, etc from huts though as they are given by tribes are they not? I guess the settler would be of our civ, so it should be cool.

lurker's comment: Watching with interest.

Good luck all and may the Koreans rule the world!! :cool:

checking in...the land for sure looks ugly, just nice for our variant :cool:

btw, we should try and pop the huts with settlers for even better results. We could explore to the south since chances of meeting someone there are much less

lurker's comment: I'll be watching, too. I'd have asked to play, but it looks like you have a full roster already!

NP, I put you second because I know you will be leaving - this will hopefully give you the most number turns to play at the start. pls tell me the times you will be gone when you know them.

Thanks for thinking of it. :thanx: I'll give you my exact dates in a day or two.

I don't know how I missed this last night, but anyway, I've got it.

Unless we have other huts not seen in this screenie, it does not matter. We will not be sending settlers way out there to pop a hut, so we get what ever we get.

I would rather hit the huts than leave them for the AI.

3000 (0): Wow, with thirty turns still to go on IW we're a long way from Pottery and a granary in the capital. Given this low-food start I think I would have max-researched Pottery first, although it's natural in AW to capitalize on starting with BW by getting IW early, I know.

2900 (2): Seoul warrior --> settler.

2850 (3): We have to explore north a little, even if it's risky, because cities on the hill-and-floodplain sites we could see in 3000 BC would require so many worker actions to become productive. Happily, we discover a patch of four BG and a wheat just NE of the capital.

The Tartars in that goodie hut to the SE give us a map, showing mostly useless desert.

2750 (5): In the NE we now see seven BG, two wheat, and a cow, although unfortunately no fresh water.

2670 (7): Seoul settler --> spearman.

2590 (9): Our warrior exploring the southern desert runs into three Sakae warriors from a hut. On the IT they don't even attack him, although one seems to head for our capital six tiles away.

2550 (10): We discover another cluster of BG NW of the capital.

We've met no enemies yet, to state the obvious.

I'd found our second city where the settler now stands. There are more exciting sites available, but this one will conform to CxxC and give us a town which can use three BG without a cultural expansion. Then we can found our third city on location 2 between the cow and the wheat, giving us a much-needed +4 food town. In any case, the settler still has its movement, so the team can propose alternatives and then the next player can either found or move the settler before hitting Enter.

There's something to be said for founding the above towns in reverse order, so that the +4 food city can start producing settlers and workers earlier, but perhaps it's too risky.

In general, I think we have to be very aggressive about building settlers and founding cities in this position, given the limited food available and the global city limit.

The land of promise:

agree with NP that we have to be aggressive with settling until we hit the limit.

I would settle in place and soon get another worker out to irrigate the wheat. Let's get some settler pumps up sooner rather than too late.

Yup we need workers to irrigate quick or we will be struggling for settlers. The lux is not going to be available for some time either as we cannot spare the worker turns right now.

Given the lack of contacts and being Monarch, we can take a risk or two.

Top Bottom