Gr3 - Mayan Continental AWE

btw wanted to add some things but the server or webpage made me mad. it's not loading or whatever needed to edit zillion times to get it finally posted.

the horse is fortified and can be sent south to support JT for barb camp if needed. the stack at Seoul has 5 cats, 2JT and 1 horse
the koreans are absolutely pathetic so far, they must be having horrible land or fight somewhere else. that's my only explanation.

I would have liked to build more horses, but we had so few workers when I started the turns. once we have the Glib, we should go on the offense and get some land and hopefully luxes, that really hurts to have lux at 40%

Min research for 3 turns is fine. One can always increase research to use up the money saved if one so desires and thus short periods of little research can be compensated for.

Good call on speeding up the GLib by raising Lux.

By the way, can Carthage get to us? I was unsure if we were on the same landmass with a northern connection, within galley distance, or seperated until Astronomy. It won't matter much at the moment if they are at war with a neighbor, but it will make a difference when they go for peace. The map doesn't quite show, but I am guessing we are on the same landmass?

Greebley
ThERat - Just Played
Grs - Up
Microbe - On Deck
Bed_Head7
Barbslinger
Hotrod0823

sorry for tnhe map, I was happy to post at all with all the server issues here. now is back to normal.

to answer the question, Carthage and Hittites share the same continent that has no connection to ours. made a little suicide trip to get there. I sent 1 curragh up north on the other side of our continent. we can send one more as well to find the much needed iron and luxes

Wow! Everything looks great. Very promising. Any thoughts on an FP location? Seoul looks pretty good. Or perhaps Paleneque and then jump the palace later.

I would put in Paleneque. I believe the sooner the better and it has been shown the Conquests FP has a different effect on corruption than before making location immaterial.

I think we should press on towards Monarchy at the momement and no necessarily wait for the GL to kick it out. Then we can shut down research and conserve our cash.

Overall looking pretty good.

After further consideration I like Paleneque for FP too. For one it is more central to our current core. Secondly, I would like to suggest a palace jump down the line to get a core both closer to the equator and the AI. That would provide the bulk of our newly produced troops being closer to the enemy that would then give us fewer turns to boat them across for engagement.
Looks like we are still in rapid expansion mode and Korean elimination. More contacts would be nice too. If Korea is the only AI on our continent I would dedicate a couple of coastal towns to ship production. It won't be long before we will need to dominate the seas and we will probably need 30-40 to conquer multiple continents.

Pre: Wake the settler and move it towards the front.

IBT: --

530BC: Dispose a barb camp for 25g + slave. I would like to uncover all fog before we enter the MA. Cats go 2/6 and Seoul shows at least 3 reg spears. No attack yet.

IBT: Egypt completes the MoM.

510BC: Cats go 3/6 and I kill a yellow spear, losing a horse to another. (1-1)

IBT: Korea lands an archer, we lose a curragh to barbs. The Great Library completes. I slot in a temple before The Forbidden Palace.

490BC: Bombard and kill another yellow spear in Seoul. Coba founded. (2-1)

IBT: Korean archer kills a defending spear. Philo, Construction, CoL, Map Making, Currency in. (2-2)

470BC: Kill the last spear in Seoul and take it - 1 resister, 1 slave. We finally see(!) our first lux. It is diamonds, but they are outside our radius. Our horse kills the spear. (4-2)

IBT: We see 3 barb horses near Seoul.

450BC: Uncover fog.

IBT: All 3 horses die to a Korean spear on a mountain, which is now elite.

430BC: Dzibilchaltun founded. More fog uncovered.

IBT: --

410BC: Last fog near our towns (but Seoul) uncovered. Just in time.

IBT: The Iroquois show a warrior near Hyansan - we learn Polytheism and enter the middle ages.

390BC: The Iroquois have The Rebuplic and miss Literature (and Monarchy as all others). We declare war. Uxmal founded, bomb the Korean elite spear who left his mountain and kill it for another slave.

IBT: Catharge galley comes out of the fog and lands two numidian mercs in an awefull spot (for us).

370BC: Rearrage horses, so I will have at least 4 to attack.

IBT: Korean archers impales himself. (5-2)

350BC: Lose 1 horse killing the mercs. Hurry the walls in Seoul. (7-4)

Awefull kill ratio and probably awefull turns too. We suffer from having no lux and "suffer" from having such a large empire. We hardly can produce enough troops for garrision and landing protection, lest spare enough for a real attack. Korea is awefully weak. They could not reinforce their capital for 3 turns and seem to completely miss barracks. We have 25% of the worlds pop :lol: in an AWE game :lol: and we are close in land to the Iroquois.

I did some backfilling though. There is a settler/spear in the tundra and another settler heading towards the spear east of Uaxactún. I would keep CI on 4 turn settlers and add towns 3nw of Tulúm, 3nw of Wonsan and 3n of Wonsan.

Palenque will complete The Forbidden Palace in 18. I would pop rush temples with Aqueducts in Copan and Tikal (one they only lose 1 pop). And yes, we really run 60% lux.

Awefull kill ratio and probably awefull turns too
I do not think so. with such units (no iron) and cats missing, we can't expect any better. our empire is large and thus, needs lots of units. the settler factory is spitting out settlers very fast, we can hardly keep up with supporting units. and the 2nd productive city is building wonders. do we go for more contacs on the other island?

do we go for more contacs on the other island?
Well we can already see a blue border, but the curragh there was sunk by barbs before contact was possible. IIRC we are building 2 galleys atm, one of which will be ready soon, and we still have 2 curragh exploring; one on our, the other on the Catharge isle.

checked the Roster

Greebley
ThERat
Grs - Just Played
Microbe -up, but he posted away until monday
Bed_Head7 - On Deck
Barbslinger
Hotrod0823

microbe, do you know you are up?

If Microbe hasn't posted by tomorrow night then go ahead and grab it bed-head. The two of you can swap. If Microbe was on a trip, he may have gotten delayed or needs to catch up with RL first.

[Edit: I think he is back; he posted in another thread. Perhaps I will PM him.

Guys, my grandpa just died this morning and I have to go to Tucson, AZ Thursday. I will be gone a week so I will need a skip coming up. I will hopefully be able to monitor what is going on by going to an internet cafe or something but I won't have the game with me there.

preturn: so we have the GL, but two things make me sad. First, none of the AI have Monarchy yet. Second, we do not have lux and pay 60% luxury rate! This plain sucks.

And we do not have iron.

The bad thing is, the closest AI, Korea, is even worse. It has no resources at all.

IBT Korean archer loses to our horse without a scratch. [1-0]

(1)330BC: We are short of workers and I start one.

We kill two spearmen and capture Pusan and a cat. It's size-1 so I keep. [3-0]

We meet Germany and it's up Feudalism but lacks Lit. It's to the east of Hittie territory.

I think Greebley allows establishing embassy in AW, but I do not do it. Germany has 8 cities.

I swap capital from settler to JW. We need productive cities. Let other towns produce settlers, and we are big enough anyway. We can capture AI cities.

IBT Hittie and Carthage both land some units. Hitties complete Colossus.

(2)310BC: Our horseman does a good job and kills an NM. Our JW then kills an archer and gets a slave. [5-0] I then kill the Hittie archer on the mountain and promote our horseman. [6-0]

I wake up a JW fortified next to the valcano.

I am really worried about the landing, especially those NM's.

IBT Carthage lands another NM at the same location (next to Dzibilchaltun).

(3)290BC: RNG favors me again as our JW kills the NM. Isn't NM defense 3?? [7-0]

IBT Korea is fighting someone? One of our curragh is sunk by barbs.

(4)270BC: IBT archer loses to horse again, and another NM lands. [8-0]

(5)250BC: kill two spears and capture Cheju. [10-0]

This time RNG doesn't work and we lose one horse and one JW and kill the NM. [11-2] We need cats in our core. I switch Calakmul to cat.

IBT Iros start Sun Tzu's.

(6)230BC: Iros and Hitties have Republic and Feudalism. Still no Monarchy. :mad:

(7)210BC: we get Republic and Feudalism. We need iron!

(8)190BC: nothing.

IBT it looks like Hitties and Germany are at war, as I see lots of Hittie units outside of German territory.

(9)170BC: nothing.

(10)150BC: move stack next to P'yongyang. It has iron! :dance: however it's size-1 so will probably be autorazed but we do not have a settler ready yet. We could switch capital to settler losing 4 shields. Or we could just use colonies.

Note: Seoul will build a worker next turn. Use it to create colony on the gems.

Be careful with Carthage's boats. Build some horses and cats for zone control.

Attachments

• GR3-150BC.zip
    161.7 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom