1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graduating to diety

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by void_genesis, Apr 4, 2013.

1. void_genesis

void_genesis Prince

I'm looking for a bit of advice from higher level players on VEM.

I have played the game casually being comfortable around a king level and I am wondering about the best way to build up to higher difficulties.

Is it better to move up one level at a time until you can comfortably win, or is it better to simply keep trying deity level until you figure it out?

Also I assume it is better to pick one leader and playstyle at a time to master. Any recommendations on good leaders for those new to deity level?

2. tomtom5858

tomtom5858 Prince

Definitely better to be playing through the levels. This is because being able to get Education at T160 or so on Prince or King is pretty different from needing Education on T90-110 on Diety. Better to slide into it--T120 is generally good for Emperor, and Immortal wants it below that.

3. void_genesis

void_genesis Prince

I get the impression that on deity the trick is not falling behind on science and avoiding early wars by not ticking off the AI until you are strong enough.

Are the science focused leaders the better ones to begin? Babylon?