1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Gran Colombia first look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by tedhebert, May 19, 2020.

1. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

Keep in mind that pastures grant +1 to outback stations, instead of +0.5. There’s an undocumented (in the Civ desc) aspect to Australia pastures as well: when outback stations gain adjacency bonuses with themselves, the pasture also gains them but at +1 instead of +0.5.
    This makes pastures EXTREMELY valuable tiles. You can look up a pasture in the civilopedia to see this.

Atlas627 and Thenewwwguy like this.
  2. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, just because things are like this now doesn't mean they'll be like it forever. Just look at England to see how often some civs change. Although I do think some of these war bonuses aren't much better than some bonuses that over civs get. Chandry gets +2 moves and +5 strength on some war declarations, and other civs like Hungary and Persia can get some big movement bonuses too. Bolivar obviously has the benefit that he gets them on any war type, not limited to 10 turns, and obviously also gets them in peace-time too.

pokiehl likes this.
  3. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Meh. GC is powerful but not broken.

No nerfs, please.

4. LeroyChenkins

LeroyChenkins Chieftain

What about this as a potentially simple balance: only grant +1 movement to civilian units. Combined with the other GC features, that should still be more than enough to keep them in S tier.

TeddyMain and Pitohui like this.
  5. Pitohui

Pitohui Chieftain

I think it will be more „early Hungary“ broken-absolute snowball Potential but you need to know what to do with your boni

YES

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
    Icicle, LeroyChenkins and Thenewwwguy like this.
  6. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Warlord

I guess that is our difference lies, you pretty much sum it up. Here is what I think, Simon Bolivar only shares a few idle animations with Pedro, true, so it is "sort of" simple to fix it if they want to. However, we saw LSS had almost identical animations with Amanitore in a lot of shots, if they fix Bolivar, the community will expect them to fix her as well, and she requires a lot more hard work. Not to mention every single leader after this pack, as I said, this is the first pack, they probably want to leave a good impression, so if these two leaders have recycled animations, the rest will likely be as well. I just don't think they will dig a hole that deep and jump in it by fixing Bolivar's idle animations to please a few people. The majority of players will not notice, or forgo new animations within their first playthrough.

7. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

that chandragupta maurya bonus only applies for some amount of turns though.

8. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

Yes. People are overtstating just movement. It's the nexus of classical era commandante + early great general +movement bonus that will be the issue.

9. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

that would help immensely

*bonuses

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2020
    Pitohui likes this.
  10. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Prince

I don't recall them nerfing Korea before release. I remember them making cosmetic changes though because of the whining. Even after they "nerfed" them, they are still very, very strong. I suspect the same will happen with this civ. They could do something quirky like the first 3-5 units each turn get an extra movement point or something like home continent like others are suggesting.

11. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis Prince

Don't forget that they initially had 10% science and culture in cities with governors, as well. It later got nerfed to 3% science/culture per gov promotion.

Tiger Genocide and Thenewwwguy like this.
  12. Pitohui

Pitohui Chieftain

I really need to stop saying boni,bad habit :D

13. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

i mean, the people who wanted Seondeok’s appearance changed weren’t exactly complaining for no reason, they weren’t wrong.

14. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

I kinda couldn't resist to make this bad meme :mischief:

15. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Just movement? What about stealing those Emperor+ free settlers from the AI, if there are some very close neighbours? And builders. And then moving them away laughing. Can't catch me! Everybody else with movement bonuses can steal but can they always keep? GC will be stealers and keepers.Those guys don't ever need to be at peace. There will always be some nation to liberate. Until there is none.

Meluhhan, Inawordyes, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  16. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

This guy is made for farming settlers, for sure. Just spam scouts and patrol around other civs.

Thenewwwguy and AntSou like this.
  17. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Rehearing the first look on higher volume, it looks like the version of the Gran Colombian theme they used is Atomic, as opposed to the Industrial version used in the New Frontier Pass announcement.

TeddyMain likes this.
  18. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Chieftain

I dont care either, but what I think worries / irks some people is what this indicates. Corner cutting - something which was not expected from Firaxis. I can somewhat relate to that. It is still a fairly minor corner to cut, but add to that other aspects of the Pass which some people find underwhelming, and a less rosy image starts to appear.

19. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Prince

They have been cutting corners since the game was created. The Agenda System is a cut corner. The Diplomatic victory and World Congress is a cut corner. At this point the game is what it is, so what is another cut corner going to say about anything? Nothing.

riddleofsteel and j51 like this.
  20. Thenewwwguy

Thenewwwguy Emperor

what cut corners specifically are people complaining about in NF? because at least the cut corners you mentioned turned out decent. I haven’t really seen any obvious cut corners in NF yet.