[NFP] Gran Colombia first look

I don't think t hey outright replace Great Generals because it conflicts with what we've been told (earning them at the dawn of new era).

And it also never specifices that they can't earn Great General Points, so it's not a replacement, but rather a seperate unique. They can still get regular Great Generals, and quite frankly, curious to know if the two's stack.

I think it's random that ou won't get the same one in the same era every time.
i didn’t say that they would replace great generals, i said that they could’ve had special abilities stack on regular great generals, but it seems that they didn’t do that

The fact you will get 8 Great Generals for free and you have a chance of access to a normal Great general as well plus this +1 movement for every unit is too much for nothing. They have very strong consistent abilities and almost no downsides It makes them strong and not too demanding to play. I can fell a domination Korea vibe here.

No way. All the commandantes are named after real people and no other Great Person has a random effect.
Does make sense to me too. In which age they will appear could be random?..

Edit: ninja'd

Does make sense to me too. In which age they will appear could be random?..
probably will be, since gran colombia only existed for a short 30 years during the industrial era

Do they have the hidden (?) bonus ability, that they get free era score when entering a new age (from recruiting a great person)?
they probably didn’t consider this beforehand since it was designed to not involve RF or GS but my guess is yes, because if it’s not for great leader, it will be for unique unit

Ejercito Patriota (+1 Movement for all units and promotions do not end turn) may just be the most powerful special ability ever.

It's all that coffee.
Well, then, I can't wait to see Ethiopia's special abilities. :mischief:

+1 movement for everything. So that means you can move your settler onto a hill at the start of the game and not miss the production. They got the power to have all the powers.

+ 1 movement for all military units would already really strong ability. Giving this bonus also to civilization units makes this Civ OP.

There is also Llanero corps with 10 movement in the video. How is that even possible? Seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Well, Firaxis could just as well remove the "Next turn" button and replace it with "Win now", if the player selects Gran Colombia, and spare the further hassle. With all that movement, free promotions and damage regains, in player's hands they will be deadly.

In fact, it is not Bolivar, it is Attila x 10, but also with awesome state and production organization. Those units will not just move faster than wind, they will also pillage faster than a swarm of locusts. The Raid card can as well be cemented in place, once slotted. On top of high production they will also get high pillaging yields to buy more locusts. Choking everybody else coupled with accellerated snowballing. Once they start 'liberating' the world, there will be no need for them to stop. It will be interesting to see though what the AI makes of them.

But out of the first two, I definetly find Maya much more interesting from the gameplay point.

Ejercito Patriota (+1 Movement for all units and promotions do not end turn) may just be the most powerful special ability ever.

It's all that coffee.
they could’ve just got rid of the movement bonus and it still would’ve been good.

What sucks is i feel like there were better options to represent the civ better and not be as OP, but firaxis shot themselves in the foot by allowing NF to be played by people who have the base game. Logically, getting NF before GS or RF already makes no sense, and the number of mechanics in the base game is so limited that a lot of base game civs got different abilities with RF or GS anyway, so to me it’s ridiculous that a civ with so much potential for great use of loyalty mechanics, etc, turned into a somewhat generic civ that is flat out OP. The abilities aren’t interesting, even if they represent Colombia decently, and they could’ve represented Colombia better had they used mechanics related to war types and such

They probably went a bit overboard here.
Its especially notable juxtaposed with the Maya who have strong bonuses but a drawback.
I would argue Gran Columbia has stronger bonuses with zero drawbacks.

I would say they do have a drawback. They do not generate or have direct bonuses towards any victory condition minus domination. They are pretty much one dimensional. Mind you, very strong at it and could pivot to other Victory Conditions, but still mostly one. The hacienda gives them perhaps more flexibility than they deserve. I thought it would be limited like Scotland and Canada's improvement is, but seems like it is not.... that could be an issue.

Top Bottom