Granary effect on stored food

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by buck beach, Dec 1, 2018.

1. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Well here we go again with something that doesn't seem quite right. I think I remember when (in the old days and how far back I don't know), when you had a granary and you reached the threshold for a pop in population, a certain portion of the food would be stored.

Playing under 1080 and had on avoid growth to get my granary built before pop. I had store 105 food. Granary built and I waited one turn to make sure it was operational. Turned off avoid growth and population increased and my new stored food was 6. To me 30% of 105 would leave 31.

As always I could be misunderstanding (it can happen)

Buck

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

It only stores food produced, AFTER you build the granary. Think of it as your populace, eating 105 food, daily/weekly etc.
    Granary being build, gives a way to store food stuffs, so the surplus doesn't go to waste, before it was spoiling.

3. buck beach

buck beach Prince

So I am wrong to have thought that it should have retained 30%.. I don't recall it was that way before but I surely accept that. Thank you

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I got the same effects. I didn't realize food produced before building the Granary doesn't get stored. That does not seem right, but I can't find where in the DLL source code that is programmed.

5. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain